Biography / Wiki
American actor William H. Macy is well-known for the variety of characters he has played in movies such as ‘Fargo’, Boogie Nights, and many more. He is one of the most respected character actors in the industry. He was born William Hall Mac Jr on March 13, 1950.
He appeared in the TV series ‘Shameless’ for a long time. In 1994, he received a major breakthrough when he joined the cast of the TV drama ‘ER.’ He began his career as a stage actor and later appeared on the silver screen.
Height / Weight / Age
The weight of William H. Macy is 75 kg or 165 lbs in pounds. He has a height of 175 cm and in feet inches; his height is 5’9” tall. He will turn 73 years old. His hair color is blonde whereas his eye color is striking green. He is a Lutheran.
William H. Macy’s net worth is estimated to be $22 million approximately. His salary is $350,000/episode. He owns a Colorado house worth $4.25 million.
Education / Family
William H. Macy was born to William Hall Macy, Sr. and Lois in Florida. His father was an Eighth Air Force B-17 Flying Fortress pilot in WWII who was awarded an Air Medal and the Distinguished Flying Cross for flying a B-17 Flying Fortress bomber during World War II.
He has a brother named Fred Merrill. He went to Allegany High School for elementary education. To study veterinary medicine, he attended Bethany College. He studied acting at Goddard College.
William H. Macy
|Real Name||William Hall Macy Jr|
|Birth Place||Miami, Florida, United States|
|Date Of Birth||March 13, 1950|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 75 kg
In pounds – 165 lbs
|Profession||Actor, writer, producer|
|School||Allegany High School, Maryland|
|College||Bethany College, West Virginia|
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California|
|Debut||Film – Foolin’ Around (1980)
TV – The Awakening Land (1978)
|Fathers Name||William Hall Mercy Sr
|Mothers Name||Lois Overstreet|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1972, he started his career as a stage actor, and performed in several plays by David Mamet, including ‘The Water Engine’ and ‘American Buffalo’. Later, he was featured in three episodes of ‘Spencer: For Hire. In 1991, he was starred in the crime film ‘Homicide’.
Later he fetched the roles of Charlie Crisco in ‘Ghosts of Mississippi’ (1996) and Little Bill Thompson in ‘Boogie Nights’ (1997). As a voice artist, he has worked in ‘Doogal’, and ‘Bobby’. He was starred in the comedy-drama ‘Walter’. For his role in ‘Shameless, he was honored with Screen Actors Guild Award. in 2017, he was cast in the comedy-drama ‘Krystal’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1997, he married Felicity Huffman and has two daughters named Sophia Grace and Georgia Grace, and a son named William H Macy III.
|Girlfriends||Megan Mullally, American Actress
|Wife||Carla Santos Shamberg (1980-1985)
Felicity Huffman (1997-present)
|Children||Son – William H Macy |||
Daughters – Georgia Grace Macy, Sofia Grace Macy
Here is the list of William’s favourite things.
|Favourite Movies||Rushmore (1998), Being There (1979), Chinatown (1974), The Godfather (1972)|
Some Interesting Facts About William H. Macy
- Before starting a career in acting, he studied Veterinary medicine.
- To earn his living, he used to work as a bartender in Chicago.
- Nicholas Theatre in Chicago was founded by William H. Macy, David Mamet, and writer Steven Schachter.
- He worked as a voice artist in the Secret deodorant commercial in which he voiced the tagline “Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.”
- Along with his wife Felicity, he received Emmy Award nominations in 2005.
- He became a national ambassador for the United Cerebral Palsy Association.
- He loves dogs and bought a Bernese Mountain Dog from Grass Valley.
- He is fond of playing Ukulele and showed his unique talent of his’ on Oprah’s Talkshow.
- In 2003, he was selected for the voice of Marlin in Finding Nemo but later the role went to Albert Brooks.
- In 2015, he appeared on the cover of the specialist magazine titled “Fine Woodworking,” an issue of American Woodturner.
- His hobbies are spending time with family, acting, and woodturning.
- In 2012, he was honored with a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 7060 Hollywood Blvd.
- He was an actor, writer, and director in the TV movie ‘Door to Door’, for which he won Emmy awards.
- He is an avid lover of motorcycles, inspired by the role he played in the hit 2007 film “Wild Hogs.”
- He owns a home in Vermont, where he enjoys woodturning.