Biography / Wiki
Irving Rameses “Ving” Rhames (born May 12, 1959) is an American-born actor known for his movies like Bringing Out the Dead, Pulp Fiction, Baby Boy, Don King: Only in America, and the Mission: Impossible film series. Rhames was born in New York City and his hometown is South Carolina, U.S.A.
Ving Rhames has a net worth of $16 million dollars.
Height / Weight / Age
Ving Rhames is 183 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’ 8”. His weight is approximately 85 kg or 187 lbs. His eye color is Black. He was born on May 12, 1959, so his age is 63 years in 2019.
Education / Family
He did his schooling at the High School of Performing Arts, New York. After high school, he studied drama at SUNY Purchase and discovered his love for acting when he entered New York’s School of Performing Arts. His father Ernest Rhames was an auto mechanic and his mother Reather was a housewife.
|Real Name||Irving Rameses|
|Birth Place||Harlem, New York City, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||May 12, 1959|
|Height||in centimeters – 183 cm
in feet inches – 6′ feet
|Weight||in Kilograms – 85 kg
in Pounds – 187 lbs
|School||High School of Performing Arts, New York|
|College||SUNY Purchase, New York
Juilliard School’s Drama Division, New York
|Home Town||South Carolina, U.S.A|
|Fathers Name||Ernest Rhames|
Career / Fashion And Style
Rhames got his first chance in the play The Winter Boys in 1984. Ving continued with his fame from his work in soap operas. He got a chance to work as a supporting actor and got the attention of the general public by doing the role of Marsellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction (1994). Rhames was also getting fame in public on television as Peter Benton’s brother-in-law on the medical drama ER, a recurring role he filled for 3 seasons.
Rhames has worked with Tom Cruise as the ace computer hacker Luther Stickell in Brian De Palma’s Mission: Impossible (1996).
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Wife/Spouse||Valerie Scott (m. 1994; div. 1999)
Deborah Reed (m. 2000)
|Children||Son– Freedom Rhames
Daughter– Reign Beau Rhames
Some Interesting Facts About Ving Rhames
- Rhames belongs to a middle-class family as his father used to be an auto mechanic and his mother, a housewife.
- Irving Rameses ‘Ving’ Rhames got his name from the late NBC journalist, Irving R. Levine, and his nickname ‘Ving’ was given by his fellow acting student- ‘Stanley Tucci’ when he was studying drama at SUNY Purchase.
- In 1984, he got his first appearance which was in the play- The Boys of Winter on Broadway.
- Rhames has worked with Tom Cruise as the ace computer hacker Luther Stickell in Brian De Palma’s Mission: Impossible (1996) and reprised his role in Mission: Impossible 2 (2000), Mission: Impossible III (2006), had a cameo role in Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011).
- After Tom Cruise, He is the only actor to get a chance in all five Mission: Impossible films.
- Ving has won a Golden Globe award in 1998 for the best actor for the TV Film- ‘Don King: Only in America’. But he gave that award to the fellow nominee- Jack Lemmon, quoting, “I feel that being an artist is about giving, and I’d like to give this to you.”
- He also did a series of commercials for The ADT Corporation in 2015.
- He also gave the voice in the part of ‘Tobias Jones’ in the computer game- Driver 3.
- He also gave his voice in the center of Arby’s commercials (2015-present), with the catchline ‘Arby’s, we have the meats’.
- He filed a case against the producer of the film -Red Canvas in 2010, saying that he had not been paid the full amount (only $175,000 instead of $200,00) according to the contract.
- He also narrated the TV series- American Gangster (2006), also he is one of the narrators of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship).
- He has also seen in the rapper- Ludacris’s song ‘Southern Gangstas’.