Biography / Wiki
In the male dominant society, it’s not easy to encourage females to join politics. Theresa May, the female British Politician created an example in society by ruling the British for different portfolios. She was born on October 1, 1956, in Eastbourne England.
With her political aspirations, she made different attempts to do something in the field of politics. She has played a vital role in support of Brexit, migration laws, and same-sex marriages.
Height / Weight / Age
Theresa May is 168 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’6”. Approximately, 66 kg in Kilograms or 146 lbs in Pounds is her weight. She turned 66 years old. Her eye color is blue and her hair color is blonde. Her physique reflects the personality of a politician. She follows the mantra “strong and stable leadership”.
As of 2019, Theresa May has an estimated net worth of £2 million.
Education / Family
Her father Hubert Brasier, was a ‘Church of England’ clergyman who died in a car accident. Her mother Zaidee Brasier died just after her father’s death as she was suffering from multiple sclerosis. She attended several schools for elementary education.
She went to the University of Oxford to study geography and pursued a BA degree. To earn pocket money she worked at Bakery on Saturdays. Since childhood, she had political ambitions.
|Real Name||Theresa Mary May|
|Birth Place||Eastbourne, England, UK|
|Date Of Birth||1 October 1956|
|Height||In centimeters – 168 cm
In feet inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In kilograms – 66 kg
In pounds – 146 lbs
|School||Heythrop Primary School, Heythrop, Oxfordshire, England
St. Juliana’s Convent School for Girls, Begbroke, Oxfordshire
Holton Park Girls’ Grammar School, Wheatley, Oxfordshire
|College||St Hugh’s College, Oxford University, England, UK|
|Home Town||Oxfordshire, South East England|
|Fathers Name||Hubert Brasier (a clergyman of the Church of England)|
|Mothers Name||Zaidee Brasier|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1983, she started working for the “Bank of England”. In 1986, she entered politics and became a councilor for the London Borough of Merton. From 1988 to 1990, she served as the Chairman of Education.
In 1992, she kept her political aspirations high and fought for a seat in North West Durham. But unfortunately, the attempt failed. She did not give up and again fought for the election in 1997 and was elected as the Conservative MP for Maidenhead.
In 1999, she was appointed Shadow Education and Employment Secretary in the ‘Shadow Cabinet’. She became the first female chairman of the Conservative Party in July 2002. Years passed and her career flourished as a politician.
In 2010, she became a member of the “National Security Council”. She supported “Anti-discrimination laws”. In 2017, she was honored with the ‘Special class of the Order of King Abdulaziz’.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
On 6th September 1980, she married Philip May who works as an investment relationship manager. Unfortunately, the couple failed to have children.
|Husband||Philip John May (Investment Banker)|
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Food||St Clements (orange juice mixed with lemonade)|
Some Interesting Facts About Theresa May
- She completed her graduation in Geography from Oxford University and secured second class.
- From 1977 to 1983, she worked at Bank of England.
- From 1985 to 1997, she worked as a financial consultant and senior adviser at the Association for payment clearing services.
- Her father, Hubert Brasier died in cancer in 1981.
- Her mother died of multiple sclerosis.
- She has served as home secretary of the United Kingdom for the longest term.
- To hold one of the British Great Offices of State, she was the 4th woman in history.
- She has to take insulin injections twice a day as she is suffering from Type 1 diabetes.
- She is popular to encourage women to join Parliament.
- She has been a former president of Women2Win.
- For a massive backlog in passport applications in 2014, she was forced to apologize.
- During the European Union Referendum, she kept a very low profile.
- On 13 July 2016, she was appointed as the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
- She became the second woman in the history of British Politics.
- She is obsessed with her shoes and has a huge collection of shoes.
- She was introduced to her husband by Benazir Bhutto.
- Her hobbies are cooking, long walk, footwear collection and alpine hiking.
- She was criticized for backing Surveillance legislation and Psychoactive Substances Act.
- Her biggest rival is Andrea Leadsom.
- She belongs to the Conservative party.
- She is called “Margaret Thatcher with a sense of humor” by John Cleese.
- Forbes ranked her 14th in the list of “Most Powerful People” list.
- She became the first female British Prime Minister to visit the Royal Horticultural Society Chelsea Flower Show.