Biography / Wiki
An Australian-born but worldwide popular singer Sia started her career as a singer in the acid jazz band Crisp. She was born on 18 December 1975 in Adelaide. She was born and raised in Australia but relocated to New York City in 2005 to build her career. Apart from being a singer, she is a songwriter, voice actress, and music video director.
She is not only known for her singing but also for her wigs and dresses in the music video. She has gained inspiration from the performing styles of Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, and Sting.
Height / Weight / Age
Sia Furler has a height of 163 cm and in feet inches; her height is 5’4”. Her weight is 62 kg in Kilograms or 137 lbs in Pounds. She has a grey eye color and her hair color is blonde. Her body measurement is 35-28-35. She turned 47 years old. She is popular for her platinum blonde bob hair and wigs.
Her net worth is estimated to be $25 million approximately. She owns a Mercedes and Ford SUV.
Education / Family
She was the only child of Phil Colson who is a musician and Leone Furler who is an art lecturer. She attended Adelaide High School, where she developed her interest in music. Later she was enrolled in Olivet Nazarene University for graduation.
She is suffering from many diseases that also disturb her mental peace. She was also a victim of depression, addiction to painkillers, and alcohol.
|Real name||Sia Kate Isobelle Furler|
|Birth Place||Adelaide, South Australia|
|Date Of Birth||18 December 1975|
|Height||In centimeters – 163 cm
In feet inches – 5’4”
|Weight||In kilograms – 62 kg
In pounds – 137 lbs
|Profession||Actress, songwriter, record producer, musician|
|School||North Adelaide Primary School, Adelaide
Adelaide High School, Adelaide
|College||Olivet Nazarene University, Adelaide|
|Home Town||Adelaide, Australia|
|Debut||Album – OnlySee (1997)|
|Fathers Name||Phil B. Colson|
|Mothers Name||Loene Furler|
Career / Fashion And Style
As a singer, she started her career by joining the local acid jazz band Crisp. She has contributed vocals to the band albums ‘Word and the deal’ and EP Delirium. ‘OnlySee’ was her debut studio album which sold 1,200 copies of it. She moved to London in 1997 and joined the British band Jamiroquai.
She contributed to two tracks “Destiny” and “Distractions” which peaked at No.30 on the UK singles chart. She collaborated with Christina Aguilera and co-wrote ‘Bound to you’ which was nominated for Best Original Song at 68th Golden Globe Award.
She released her fifth album ‘We are born’ in 2010 which peaked at No.2 on the ARIA Albums Chart. The album won Best Independent Release and Best Pop Release. Her song ‘Cheap Thrills’ became the most streamed song on Spotify by a female artist with over 646 million streams.
She is associated with PETA and has participated in an advertisement for PETA Asia-Pacific. She is a supporter of the LGBTQ community.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In August 2014, she married documentary filmmaker Erik Anders but after two years the couple got separated in 2016. Recently, she has adopted a son and wants to be single for life.
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Actress||Elisha Cuthbert|
|Favourite Singer||Christina Aguilera|
|Favourite sport||Cricket and football|
|Favourite Colour||Green and blue|
Some Interesting Facts About Sia Furler
- Along with Christina Aguilera, Sia was featured on Christina’s song ‘Blank Page’.
- For the song ‘Wild ones’, she collaborated with Flo Rida.
- She has received numerous awards including ARIA Awards and MTV Music Awards.
- She is a vegan and is involved with campaigns for PETA.
- The famous Australian actor-singer Kevin Colson is her uncle.
- She has worked with artists like Celine Dion, Jessie J, Christina Aguilera, and Eminem.
- Through Twitter, she revealed that she is suffering from graves’ disease.
- Her name is pronounced as ‘SEE-ah’.
- She is the cousin of Peter Furler.
- Recently, she revealed that she suffers from chronic pain and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.
- She loves visual gags and gimmicks.
- Her hobbies are singing and dancing.
- Her single ‘The Greatest’ was a pro-LGBT tribute to the 49 people killed in the Pulse Orlando Shooting.
- She is really sensitive and gets upset and insulted.
- Due to stage-fright, she doesn’t show her face on TV and music videos.
- An Italian DJ discovered her while she was singing karaoke in a bar.
- Sia has a pet dog named Pantera.