Biography / Wiki
A Mexican-American actress Salma Hayek is a prominent actress who has achieved huge success in her endeavors as a producer, model, activist, and humanitarian. She was born as Salma Hayek Jiménez on September 2, 1966. After watching the movie, ‘Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory’, she was inspired to become an actress.
After attending Mexico City’s ‘Universidad Iberoamericana’, she was prepared to step into the world of movies. After working in ‘Once Upon a Time in Mexico’, she started her own production company called ‘Ventanarosa and the Mexican movie ‘El Coronel No Tiene Quien Le Escriba, which was her first production. The movie became Mexico’s official entry at the ‘Oscars’ in the ‘Best Foreign Film’ category.
She has done endorsement of products like ‘Revlon’ and ‘Avon’ and has launched her own line of beauty products called ‘Nuance.’ Apart from acting, she is involved in charitable activities like lending support to raise funds for vaccines against maternal and neonatal tetanus.
Height / Weight / Age
Salma Hayek weighs 56 kg and 123 lbs in pounds. Though she has an attractive personality she is short with a height of 157 cm or in feet inches 5’2”. She looks beautiful in long black color hair and sharp dark brown color eyes with thick eyebrows. She will turn 53 years old, in September 2020. She has a curvaceous figure and often plays the role of independent women.
As a prominent actress, Salma has accumulated a handsome net worth of $114 million approximately.
Education / Family
Salma Hayek was born in Coatzacoalcos, Mexico, to Diana Jiménez Medina, who was an opera singer, and Sami Hayek Dominguez, an entrepreneur. She was born and raised in a wealthy Roman Catholic family. She was sent to the US to study and was enrolled at the ‘Academy of the Sacred Heart’ in Louisiana. To pursue higher studies she attended ‘Universidad Iberoamericana.’
|Real name||Salma Hayek Jiménez|
|Birth Place||Coatzacoalcos, Mexico|
|Date Of Birth||September 2, 1966|
|Age||53 years (as in 2020)|
|Height||In centimeters – 157 cm
In feet inches – 5’2”
|Weight||In kilograms – 56 kg
In pounds – 123 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Profession||Actress, Director, Producer|
|School||Academy of the Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, US|
|College||University of Mexico|
|Home Town||Coatzacoalcos city|
|Fathers Name||Sami Hayek
|Mothers Name||Diana Medina
Career / Fashion And Style
Salma has started her acting career in 1989 with the title role in the Mexican telenovela, ‘Teresa.’ In 1991, she moved to California to study acting under Stella Adler’s. She was cast in the action movie Desperado and worked opposite Antonio Banderas.
Later she landed in the Matthew Perry-starrer ‘Fools Rush In’ (1997), Will Smith-starred ‘Wild Wild West’ (1999), and Kevin Smith’s ‘Dogma’ From 2006 to 2010, she worked as an executive producer of the television series ‘Ugly Betty’.
Her comedy skills were revealed from the movie ‘Grownups’. She worked as a voice artist in the movie ‘Puss in Boots’. In 2006, she was honored with the Harvard Foundation Artist of the year award.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 2009, she got married to French billionaire François-Henri Pinault. Before the couple got married, Salma gave birth to their daughter Valentina Paloma Pinault in 2007.
|Husband||François-Henri Pinault (m. 2009-present)|
|Children||Daughter – Valentina Paloma Pinault|
Here is the list of Salma Hayek’s favorite things.
|Favorite Food||Mexican, French|
|Favorite Colour||Blue, Purple|
|Favorite Movies||The Graduate, It Happened One Night, Gone with the Wind.|
Some Interesting Facts About Salma Hayek
- The People magazine has chosen Salma as one of the 50 most beautiful people in the year1996, 2003 and 2008.
- She is dyslexic and suffers from a combined type of ADHD.
- FHM Taiwan ranked her 8th in the list of 100 Sexiest Women.
- She frequently collaborates and works with Antonio Banderas and Robert Rodriguez.
- She is the godmother to Robert Rodriguez’s children.
- At the age of 12, she was enrolled in a boarding school in Louisiana. But was soon sent back home for terrorizing the nuns frequently.
- She attended college to study international relations & drama.
- In 1989, she won the best newcomer at the Novela Awards for Un nuevo amanecer.
- She has her own production company named ‘Ventanarosa’.
- Salma became the second Latin American actress to be nominated for the Best Actress in a Leading Role Academy Award.
- In 1997, Mr. Blackwell named her as one of the ten most stylish women in the world.
- In 2005, she was one of the jury members at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Jillian Roscoe is her spokeswoman.
- In her childhood, her grandmother used to shave her eyebrows and head just because she believed it would make her hair grow glossier, darker and thicker.
- She has three stepchildren François Pinault , Mathilde Pinault, and Augustin James Evangelista.
- For battered women of Coatzacoalcos, Mexico, she has donated $25,000.
- Salma and Pinault got married in a secret ceremony on February 14, 2009 in the city hall of the Second Arrondissement in Paris.
- Her husband is the chairman and chief executive officer of the luxury goods company PPR SA.