Biography / Wiki
Sally Yates is an American lawyer who also served as a United States Attorney. Barack Obama appointed her as United States Attorney and United States Attorney General. She was born as Sally Caroline Yates on August 20, 1960. Amongst all, she has taken noteworthy steps such as ‘drug-clemency initiative’, ‘Yates memo for corporate crimes’, and the verdict against domestic terrorist Eric Rudolph.
Height / Weight / Age
Sally Yates has a height of 168 cm and in feet inches; her height is 5’6 whereas she weighs 59 kg in Kilograms or 130 lbs in Pounds. Dark brown is the color of the eye and hair. In August 2020, she will turn 60 years old.
Education / Family
Sally was born in Atlanta to J. Kelley Quillian and Xara Terrell Quillian. She was born into a family of lawyers and inspired by her grandmother to pursue a career in law. She was enrolled in the University of Georgia where she earned the degree of ‘Juris Doctor’. While completing her graduation she also worked as the executive editor for Georgia Law Review.
|Real name||Sally Quillian Yates|
|Birth Place||Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||20 August 1960|
|Height||In centimeters – 168 cm
In feet inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In kilograms – 59 kg
In pounds – 130 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|College||The University of Georgia, University of Georgia School of Law|
|Home Town||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Debut||1985, with law firm ‘King & Spalding|
|Fathers Name||John Kelley Quillian (Retired Chief Judge)|
|Mothers Name||Xara Terrell Quillian|
|Sister||Terrell Quillian Marshall (radio show host)|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1989, she was appointed as an Assistant U.S. Attorney by Bob Barr for the Northern District of Georgia. In 2002, she was promoted to become the First Assistant U.S. Attorney.
Barack Obama nominated and appointed her as the U.S. Attorney in the Northern District of Georgia. She was also invited as Vice-Chair of the Attorney General’s Advisory by Attorney General Eric Holder. In the United States Department of Justice, she held the second position as deputy attorney general of the United States.
The day she ordered the Justice Department of the USA against defending the orders of Donald Trump, she received a letter informing her dismissal. The House of Intelligence Committee invited her to testify to the ongoing investigation on Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential elections.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Sally married Comer Yates who was a school administrator. She has a son named James Quillian Yates and a daughter named Kelley Malone Yates.
|Children||Daughter – Kelley Malone Yates
Son – James Quillian Yates
Some Interesting Facts About Sally Yates
- From 1985 to 1989, she worked with the Atlanta law firm ‘King & Spalding’.
- Bob Barr hired Yates as an assistant US attorney in the Northern District of Georgia. As an assistant, she worked for cases such as white-collar fraud and political corruption.
- She became the lead prosecutor against the Eric Rudolph who was accused of executing several bombings between 1996 and 1998.
- Sally Yates is the first woman to become United States Attorney General.
- Her position was succeeded by Dana Boente in 2017.
- She has been associated with the Justice Department for around three decades.
- Her grandmother was her inspiration who was one of the first women admitted to the Georgia Bar.
- In 1994 and 1996, her husband ran for Congress but lost both the times.
- During the presidential election, her husband supported Barack Obama and donated $3,355 to Obama’s presidential campaign.
- Donald Trump dismissed her in January 2017, because she betrayed the department by defending the immigration order which was proposed to protect the citizens of the United States.
- She has done graduation in Journalism.