Biography / Wiki
A hugely popular comedian Russell Dominic Peters is from Canada who is counted as one of the highest-paid comedians in the world. He became a popular sensational face in the international comedy. To establish himself he did struggle a lot for the opportunities and exposure. He was born on 29th September 1970 in Toronto, Canada.
In 2008, he was named Toronto’s first Global Ambassador and in 2011, inducted into Canada’s Walk of Fame. His popularity is so massive worldwide, that he often performs in sold-out stadiums across international venues.
Height / Weight / Age
Russell Peters is 178 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’10”. His weight is 95 kg in Kilograms and 209 lbs in Pounds. In September 2019, he turned 49 years old. His eye color is black and his hair color is salt & pepper. His body measurement is 40 inches chest, 33 inches waist, and biceps in 14 inches. His mischievous character on stage is being loved by everyone. His imitating accents and humorous observations of cultures is being highlighted in his comedy.
Russell Peters has an estimated net worth of $55 million.
Education / Family
Russell was born to Eric Peters who was a federal meat inspector and Maureen Peters. His ethnicity is Indian. He has an elder brother Clayton Peters who is Russell’s manager. He attended Chinguacousy Secondary School, Brampton, Ontario and North Peel Secondary School, Bramalea, Ontario for his education. Because of his brown skin, he became a victim of racism. He was also diagnosed with ADHD which added to his difficulties. To overcome all humiliation and difficulties, he started boxing which helped him in self-defense.
|Real Name||Russell Dominic Peters|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Of Birth||September 29, 1970|
|Age||49 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 178 cm
In feet inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In kilograms – 95 kg
In pounds – 209 lbs
|Hair Color||Salt & pepper|
|School||Chinguacousy Secondary School, Brampton, Ontario
North Peel Secondary School, Bramalea, Ontario
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Debut||Film: Boozecan (1994)
TV: Comedy Now (1997)
|Fathers Name||Eric Peters (died, federal meat inspector)|
|Mothers Name||Maureen Peters
|Brothers||Clayton Peters (elder)
Career / Fashion And Style
Before starting a career in comedy, he worked as a DJ in clubs. He decided to enter in comedy when George Carlin advised him to do stage performance. He gained popularity and criticism from CBC’s comedy show ‘Comics’.
Even after the criticism, he was nominated for a ‘Gemini Award’ for his performance. He became a part of the Canadian TV show ‘Comedy Now’ in 2004. The show and Russell gained massive popularity as its separate segments were uploaded onto YouTube.
In 2006, he acted in the CBC Radio One’s comedy show called ‘Monsoon House’. ‘Outsourced’ was his first feature-length performance which was telecasted on 26th August 2006. In 2011, he presents the NAACP award. He was also featured in movies like Breakaway, Royal Canadian Air Force, Just for laughs, etc.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married his girlfriend Monica Diaz in 2010 but got divorced in 2012. Currently, he is engaged to Ruzanna Kzhetchian. He has a daughter Crystianna Marie Peters from his first wife.
|Girlfriends||Sunny Leone (2008)
|Wife||Monica Diaz (2010-2012)
|Fiancée||Ruzanna Kzhetchian (2015)
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||John Candy, Jim Carrey, Martin Short|
|Favourite Comedians||Louis CK, George Carlin|
|Favourite Destination||New York|
Some Interesting Facts About Russell Peters
- His parents are Anglo-Indian and Catholic.
- He became a victim of racism for having brown skin.
- He learned boxing at the age of 15 and continued it for the next 9 years.
- He also learned ‘jujutsu’ which is a form of martial arts.
- He started his career as a DJ and played music for Indians in the clubs.
- In 1992, he met American comedian George Carlin who advised him to get on stage every time and anywhere possible.
- His performance on the Canadian TV comedy show ‘Comedy Now’ was uploaded on YouTube and went viral.
- People loved his work and he became the first comedian to sell-out Toronto’s Air Canada Centre, selling more than 16,000 tickets.
- He again broke a UK comedy sales record in 2009 at London’s O2 Arena where he sold over 16000 tickets of the show.
- He published his autobiography ‘call me Russell’ in 2010, which is co-written by his brother Clayton and Dannis Koromilas.
- His most spoken and liked phrase are ‘somebody gonna gets a hurt real bad’ and ‘Be a man! Do the thing right!”
- He is the first comedian to get a Netflix stand-up special in 2013.
- His hobby is reading.
- In 2006, he hosted the Canada Day Comedy Festival.