Biography / Wiki
Robert Downey Jr. son of the avid filmmaker Robert Downey, Sr., is an American actor considered one of Hollywood’s most gifted and versatile performers known for roles in a wide variety of films, including ‘Iron Man,’ ‘The Avengers, ‘Sherlock Holmes’ and ‘Chaplin.’ He was born on April 4, 1965, in Manhattan, New York City, New York, U.S.
Height / Weight / Age
Robert Downey Jr. is 174 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’ 8”. His weight is approximately 78 kg or 172 lbs. His eye and hair colors are Dark Brown. He was born on April 4, 1965, so his age is 54 years in 2019.
As of 2019, Robert Downey Jr. has an estimated net worth of $300 million and is one of the highest-paid actors in the industry.
Education / Family
He dropped his education at Santa Monica High School. His father is a well-known filmmaker, actor, writer, director and his mother was an actress. In 1978, at the age of 13, Downey’s parents separated and he went to California to live with his father.
Robert Downey Jr.
|Real name||Robert John Downey Jr.|
|Birth Place||Manhattan, New York, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||April 4, 1965|
|Age||54 Years in 2019|
|Height||in centimeters – 174 cm|
in feet inches – 5’ 8”
|Weight||in Kilograms – 78 kg|
in Pounds – 172 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|School||Santa Monica High School (Dropped out)|
|Religion||Scottish, German, Swiss, Lithuanian Jewish, Hungarian Jewish, Irish.|
|Debut||Film – Pound (1970)|
TV -Saturday Night Live (SNL)
|Fathers Name||Robert Downey Sr.(Actor)|
|Mothers Name||Elsie Ann (Actress)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Robert began his carrier as a Child Artist (1970). He got great success in Hollywood Film “Chaplin” (1992) worked as Charlie Chaplin.
Downey got his first lead role in ‘The Pick-up Artist’ in 1987 and gave ‘Less Than Zero’ in the same year, in which he broke out further with his visceral performance as a drug-addicted rich young boy. He was started to be recognized as a member of ‘Brat Pack’.
Downey gave his major blockbuster hits in 2008 like: ‘Tropic Thunder’, an action-comedy, Justin Theroux and ‘Iron Man’ in which he featured as the memorable and quirky role of ‘Tony Stark’.
‘The Avengers’ a superhero film was released in 2012, which was based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. Downey starred in this massive project along with big stars like Samuel L. Jackson, Scarlett Johansson, etc.
|1994||Short Cuts (1993)||Winner|
|2001||Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television||Ally McBeal (1997)|
|2010||Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical||Sherlock Holmes (2009)|
|1993||Best Actor||Chaplin (1992)|
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Jennifer Jason Leigh|
Sarah Jessica Parker(1984-1991)
Winona Ryder (1988, RUMOR)
Deborah Falconer (1992-2001)
Marisa Tomei (1994)
Calista Flockhart (2000, RUMOR)
Susan Downey (2003-present)
|Wife/Spouse||Deborah Falconer (m. 1992; div. 2004)|
Susan Downey (m. 2005)
|Children||Son – Indio|
Daughter – Avri
Son – Exton
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Donuts, Pizza, Cold Coffie, and Mexican Cuisine|
|Favourite Colors||Blue, Black, and Red|
|Favourite Actor||Peter O’ Toole|
Some Interesting Facts About Robert Downey Jr.
- Robert was introduced by drugs when he was a child because his father was also a drug addict, and they used to consume drugs together.
- When his parents separated, he shifted to California with his father but then dropped out of high school and moved to New York to pursue full-time acting.
- He was appreciated for his visceral performance as a drug-addicted rich young boy in the movie version of the novel Less Than Zero. The New York Times described his performance as “Desperately moving”.
- Robert has topped Forbes’ list of the highest-paid actors making $80 million in the year 2014-2015.
- In 1992, he was nominated in the “Academy Awards” and a “BAFTA Award” for Best Actor in a Leading Role for the movie Chaplin.
- Downey was sent to the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison for drug charges on a 3-year sentence in 1999.
- He joined the TV show Ally McBeal acting Calista Flockhart’s love interest in 2000, for which he won a Golden Globe.
- Robert was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the movie Tropic Thunder.
- Jr. has been playing Iron Man, His quirky and nonchalant personality in real life reflects in ‘Tony Stark’ which has made it so successful and all the three movies have made more than $500 million each. These movies The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Iron Man 3 have earned over $1 billion worldwide.
- It was revealed in the media that Downey was suffering from bipolar disorder for a very long period in his life.
- Bob Downey was appeared in an Elton John’s video song “I want to love”. He lip-synced and played it down really well.
- Jr. could come back to the big screen after Mel Gibson paid for his insurance. Mel and Robert had been friends since they did Air America.
- Robert had a comeback with the movie Gothika, for which the Producer Joe Silverwithheld 40 percent of his money till his insurance was covered. This kind of clauses is common with his contracts till date.
- When he was high on drugs, he broke into the neighbor’s house thinking it was his own house and slept on the bed there.
- Robert’s drug addiction was the reason for his relationship split with Sarah Jessica Parker. He said “She provided me a home and understanding. She tried to help me. She was so miffed when I didn’t get my act together.”
- He does Martial Arts Wing Chun.
- He worked in almost 50 to 60 hits and flop Hollywood movies