Biography / Wiki
Robert De Niro is popular for his commitment to his character and does the best to bring out the best in him and others. His age never restricts him from doing any difficult role. He is adored for his impeccable style, extraordinary passion, and splendid performance. He was born on August 17, 1943, in Manhattan, New York, the U.S. He adds richness, reliability, and tangibility to his characters. He has contributed to various genres like action, comedy, drama, romantic, and thriller.
Height / Weight / Age
Robert De Niro is 175 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’9”. He weighs 75 kg in Kilograms or 175 lbs in Pounds. He has salt & pepper hair color and eye color is dark brown. His body measurements are as follows: 43 inches chest, 32 inches waist, and 15 inches biceps. Despite being old, his acting skill reflects the personality of a young star. In August 2020, he turned 77 years.
As of 2019, Robert De Niro has an estimated net worth of $300 million.
Education / Family
His parents were artists. His father was a painter and sculptor whereas his mother was a poet and a painter. When he was three years old, his parents got separated. Robert was raised by his mother who played an influential role in his life. He attended various schools for his elementary education. He participated in many school plays to enhance his acting skills.
Robert De Niro
|Real Name||Robert Anthony De Niro|
|Birth Place||Manhattan, New York, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||August 17, 1943|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 75 kg
In pounds – 175 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||Salt and pepper|
|Profession||Actor, director, producer, voice actor|
|School||Elisabeth Irwin High School
Little Red School House
High School of Music and Art
Rhodes Preparatory School
|College||Stella Adler Conservatory
Lee Strasberg’s Actors Studio
|Home Town||Greenwich village|
|Debut||Three rooms in Manhattan|
|Fathers Name||Robert De Niro Sr. (Abstract expressionist painter and sculptor)|
|Mothers Name||Virginia Admiral (painter and poet)|
Career / Fashion And Style
He started his career in 1963, with the movie “The Wedding Party”. Technically, “The three rooms in Manhattan” became his debut movie. In 1968, “Greetings” was released which became his first movie as a lead actor.
To try new genres he tried comedy with the movie “The king of comedy”, “Brazil”, and “Midnight Run”. For the animated movie “Shark Tale”, he gave a voice over. His epic drama “The Godfather 2” became successful worldwide and gained a widespread appeal and recognition.
He has won the ‘Best Actor Award’ twice in his lifetime. He delivered a power pack performance in the movie “Silver Linings Playbook” for which he was awarded an Academy Award Nomination.
He has been nominated for BAFTA Awards six times and eight times for Golden Globe Awards. For his exceptional talent, he was honored with Golden Globe Lifetime Achievement Award.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married Diahnne Abbott in 1976, but the couple got separated in 1988. In 1997, he married Grace Hightower and still, the couple is living happily together. He is blessed with four sons and two daughters.
Naomi Campbell (1971-1974)
Leigh Taylor-Young (1971-1974)
Carole Mallory (1975)
Diahnne Abbott (1976-1988)
Helena Springs (1979-1982)
Bette Midler (1979)
Barbara Carrera (1979)
Veronica Webb (1990)
Toukie Smith (1990-1993)
Uma Thurman (1993)
Charmaine Sinclair (1993-1995)
Dominique Simone (1995)
Ashley Judd (1995)
Grace Hightower (1996)
|Wife||Diahnne Abbott (1976-1988)
Grace Hightower (1997)
|Children||Sons – Raphel De Niro, Aaron Kendrick, Elliot Deniro, Julian Henry De Niro
Daughters – Drena De Niro, Helena De Niro
Some Interesting Facts About Robert De Niro
- His favorite actors are Montgomery Clift, Robert Mitchum, and Marlon Brando.
- She appeared in over 100 films.
- He is a strong supporter of the Democratic Party.
- For his brilliant journey in Hollywood, he has received two awards.
- His parents got divorced because his father was gay.
- Against the will of his parents, his grandparents baptized Robert and took him to the church.
- In 1997, he was honored at the 20th Moscow International Film Festival, for his contribution to cinema.
- In December 2003, Robert was diagnosed with prostate cancer and underwent surgery at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre.
- He owns a house of 78-acre in Gardiner, New York.
- In the sparring scene in Raging Bull, he broke one of Joe Pesci‘s ribs.
- He co-owns every celebrity favorite restaurant Nobu and Tribeca Grill.
- He became a part of the jury at the 15th Moscow International Film Festival.
- His daughter Helena and his son Aaron and Julian were conceived by in vitro fertilization from a surrogate mother.
- He learned the techniques of the Stanislavski system from Stella Adler.
- His ethnicity is Irish, Dutch, German, English, and Italian.
- He has adopted “method acting” acting.
- He learned boxing and gained 27 kg for the role of Jake LaMotta in Raging Bull.
- He was interrogated if he was involved in a prostitution racket, in February 1998.