Biography / Wiki
The remarkable voice and controversial queen “Robyn Rihanna Fenty” is known by her stage name “Rihanna”. She was born on February 20, 1988. She was born in Saint Michael, Barbados, and her hometown is Bridgetown, Barbados. This “Queen of Pop” started working for her passion for music since the age of ten.
In the shortest span, she has become a popular singer, actress, songwriter, fashion designer and model of Hollywood. She is popular for her attractive voice and astonishing fashion. Her bold and glamorous look has made her the style icon in the fashion world.
Height / Weight / Age
Rihanna is 173cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’8”. Approximately, 60 kg in Kilograms or 132 lbs in Pounds is her weight. The measurement of her body is 34-24-36 cm. She turned 35 years old. Her eye color is green and her hair color is dark brown or dyed black.
Education / Family
For primary education, she went to Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School and for higher studies, she joined Combermere High School. After 10th grade, she decided to drop her studies due to her personal reasons and interests.
Hence she didn’t have any educational qualifications. Her father, Ronald Fenty (Warehouse Supervisor) was a Barbadian and her mother, Monica Braithwaite (Retired Accountant) was a Guyanese. She also had two brothers Rorrey and Rajad Fenty.
Her father had a relationship with different women, from whom Rihanna has two half-sisters and a half brother. She is not married yet and her current relationship says that she is single and not dating anyone.
Robyn Rihanna Fenty (Rihanna)
|Nick Name||RiRi, Caribbean Queen, Queen of Pop, The Barbados Babe, and Bajan Beauty.|
|Birth Place||Saint Michael, Barbados|
|Date of Birth||February 20, 1988|
|Height||173cm in Centimeters
5’8” in Feet Inches
|Weight||60 kg in Kilograms
132 lbs in Pounds
|Hair Color||Dark Brown, Dyed Black|
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Fashion Designer, Model|
|School||Primary education – Charles F. Broome Memorial Primary School
High school – Combermere High School
|College||High school drop out|
|Home Town||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|Debut||In 2005 her first album “Music of the sun” was launched
In 2006 her first movie “Bring it on: All or nothing” was released
|Fathers Name||Ronald Fenty who was a warehouse supervisor|
|Mothers Name||Monica Braithwaite who was a retired accountant|
|Brothers||Rorrey Fenty and Rajad Fenty|
|Ethnicity||Afro-Guyanese, Afro-Barbadian and Irish Descent|
Career / Fashion and Style
As Rihanna is famous for her exclusive singing, she grew up listening to Caribbean music as well as American hip-hop. Since childhood, she was interested in music and has won a high school talent show for performing a song by Mariah Carey.
To carry forward her career in music, she along with her two friends started “a girl group”. Lately, she decided to adopt her middle name “Rihanna” for her professional career.
In 2005, she made her first debut album “Music of the sun” which was a Caribbean-flavored dance-pop. Here is a song
In 2007, she collaborated with Justin Timberlake and Timbaland for the album, “Good Girl Gone Bad” which showcased her as a powerful independent and rebellious woman.
In the following year, her album “Umbrella” was launched featured the famous international rapper Jay Z which became a worldwide hit and Rihanna won Grammy award for the same. Apart from the success in the music and film industry, she was also popular in fashion and glamour. Take a look at the video-
In 2017, she launched her own cosmetic brand “Fenty Beauty”. Recently, Rihanna merged with LVMH Moët Hennessy—Louis Vuitton to create fashion and made her debut in the fashion world. After the partnership, she became the first woman to head a fashion house at LVMH.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Negus Sealy (2001-2003)
Chris Brown (2007-2013)
Josh Hartnett (2007)
Shia Labeouf (2007)
Ryan Phillippe (2011-2012)
Asap Rocky (2013)
Karim Benzema (2015)
Here we are providing you the list of her favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Terrence Howard and Denzel Washington|
|Favorite Actress||She adores the acting skills of Jessica Alba and Halle Berry|
|Favorite Movies||Napoleon Dynamite/Borat|
|Favorite Singer(s)||Bob Marley|
|Favorite TV Shows||Entourage|
Jerk Chicken of Barbados
|Favorite Color(s)||Pink, Black, Green, Red|
Some Interesting Facts About Rihanna
- She is inspired and influenced by Madonna, Bob Marley, and Mariah Carey.
- She has two dogs Marley and DJ and a turtle.
- She was classmate with Carlos Brathwaite and Darren Sammy and also England cricketer Chris Jordan and West Indies cricketer Kraigg Brathwaite.
- If she wasn’t a singer, she would have liked to study Psychology and her favorite subjects were mathematics and chemistry.
- Rihanna was first launched by the music producer Evan Rogers. He spotted her for the first time in Barbados when he was enjoying the vacation with his wife.
- When she was fourteen, her parents got divorced as they had a rough marriage. Since childhood, she has seen a lot of drugs and emotional abuse because her father had a drug addiction.
- She has won 8 Grammy awards, 8 American music awards and along with that 2 BRIT awards.
- In 2014, the “Council of Fashion Designers of America” awarded her with the “Lifetime Achievement Award”.
- The official ambassador for Barbados’ tourist agency is ‘Rihanna’.
- She has an estimated net worth of $600 million.
- She is the owner of two houses –
Barbados Mansion ($22 million)
Los Angeles Home ($5.03 million)
- She became a victim of physical abuse in 2009, as she was beaten by her boyfriend Chris Brown. He was imprisoned and punished.
- She does smoke and drink.
- In 2012, she made a Guinness World Record by selling 58 million copies of a single.
- She has always been in controversies because of the nudity and explicit content in her videos.
- Rihanna loves tattoo, therefore, she has approximately 17 tattoos. No wonder many more to come.
- She has been recognized as a “cookie-cutter teen queen” because of her fashion and ability to change styles frequently.
- Zac Posen and Dsquared are Rihanna’s favorite designers.
- Mezzo-soprano is her voice type and her vocal range is three scales and two notes.
- The music streaming business “Tidal” is co-owned by Rihanna with several other artists.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @badgalriri
- Twitter – @rihanna
- Facebook – @Rihanna