Biography / Wiki
An Academy Award-winning American actress Reese Witherspoon started her career with her roles in television as well as films and mini-series; she managed to get a foothold in Hollywood. She gained worldwide popularity for her roles in films like ‘Legally Blonde’, ‘Sweet Home Alabama’, ‘Four Christmases’ and plenty of other romantic comedies.
She was born as Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon on March 22, 1976. She is one of those rare actresses who have maintained a balance between commercial success and critical appreciation. Apart from acting, she is actively involved with the Children’s Defence Fund.
Height / Weight / Age
Reese Witherspoon weights 57 kg and 126 lbs in pounds. She stands with a height of 155 cm or in feet inches 5’1”. She has an expressive face with blonde hair and blue eyes. She turned 46 years old. Her body measurement is as follows 34 inches chest, 25 inches waist, and 35 inches hips. She possesses a smooth voice with a strong southern accent.
According to sources, Reese Witherspoon’s estimated net worth is $80 million approximately.
Education / Family
Reese Witherspoon was born in New Orleans to a lieutenant colonel John Draper Witherspoon and Mary Elizabeth who worked at the Vanderbilt University as a nursing professor. She attended Harpeth Academy and Harpeth Hall School for elementary education. Since a very young age, she appeared in commercials which gave her the confidence to become a full-time actor. She was enrolled at Stanford University, to pursue an English literature major.
Laura Jeanne Reese Witherspoon
|Birth Place||New Orleans, Louisiana, USA|
|Date Of Birth||22 March 1976|
|Height||In centimeters – 154 cm
In feet inches – 5’1”
|Weight||In kilograms – 57 kg
In pounds – 126 lbs
|Profession||Actress, Producer, Entrepreneur|
|College||All-girls, Harpeth Hall School in Nashville
Stanford University, California
|Home Town||New Orleans, Louisiana, US|
|Debut||Film: The Man in the Moon
|Fathers Name||Dr. John Draper Witherspoon (Army Officer)|
|Mothers Name||Dr. Mary Elizabeth “Betty” Witherspoon|
|Brothers||John Witherspoon (Real Estate Agent)|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1991, Reese Witherspoon made her film debut as a rural teenager in the movie ‘The Man in the Moon’. Her first appearance was applauded and appreciated by film critics and audiences. She appeared in the Disney productions ‘A far off place’.
In 1996, she received her breakthrough when she starred in the film ‘Fear’ alongside Mark Wahlberg. In the movie ‘Walk the Line’ she gave an excellent performance for which she won Academy Award BAFTA, the Golden Globes and the Screen Guilds Awards.
She has undertaken a difficult role in the film ‘Vanity Fair’ which was a success and she portrayed the role of ambitious Becky Sharp was widely applauded by critics. In 2014, she appeared in ‘Wild’ and her portrayal of a woman scarred by tragedies earned her an Academy Award nomination for best actress.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
From 1999 to 2007, she was married to fellow actor Ryan Phillips and the couple a daughter named Ava and a son named Deacon. After their separation, in 2011 she got married to Jim Toth and has a son named Tennessee James Toth.
|Boyfriends||Jeremy Sisto (1992, Actor)
Chris O’Donnell (1993, Actor)
Stephen Dorff (1994)
Mark Wahlberg (1995-1997, Actor)
Ryan Phillippe (1997-2007)
Jim Toth (2010-Present)
|Husband||Ryan Phillippe, (m. 1999; div. 2007)
Jim Toth (m. 2011)
|Children||Daughter – Ava Elizabeth Phillippe
Sons – Deacon Reese Phillippe,
Tennessee James Toth
Here is the list of Reese’s favorite things.
|Favorite Food Brands||Firecrackers, Fried Chicken|
|Favorite Movies||Overboard (1987), Terms of Endearment (1983), Belly (1998)|
|Favorite Restaurant||The Buffet at Magic City|
|Favorite Destination||The Bahamas|
Some Interesting Facts About Reese Witherspoon
- In 2001, she was chosen as one of the “25 Most Intriguing People of 2001” by People Magazines.
- Along with Debra Siegal, she runs a production company called “Type A Films”.
- Reese’s first name is her mother’s maiden name.
- She is fond of old embroidery and collects antique linens.
- In 2015, she co-founded a Southern apparel store called Draper James.
- Her favorite movie is Overboard.
- Daniel Morton is her distant cousin.
- In 2004, People Magazine chose her as ‘Favourite Female Film Star’.
- Her agent is Steve Dontanville from the William Morris Agency.
- She spent half of her childhood in Wiesbaden, Germany.
- Her daughter Ava Phillippe is named after the grandmother of her ex-husband, Ryan Phillippe.
- Her hobby is reading.
- She refused to work in two horror movies Scream and Urban Legend.
- After she provided her own singing voice for Walk the Line, many companies approached her to record music.
- After Sissy Spacek, she is the second actress to win the best actress Oscar for portraying a female singer in a biography.
- Amish Mafia is her favorite TV show.