Biography / Wiki
A host of the popular game show ‘Wheels of Fortune’ Pat Sajak is an American TV personality and celebrity who has become a household name. Before beginning work on a television career, Pat worked as a radio host for the US National Army during the Vietnam War.
He was finally offered the job as host of their popular show ‘Wheels of Fortune’ after working as an anchor and a weatherman for ‘NBC.’ In 1983, Pat welcomed the offer and this changed his life. He eventually appeared in several movies and TV shows and became a popular face.
He has also made cameo appearances on the soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives’ and the series ‘The King of Queens.” Wheels of Fortune’ stays one of the most popular game shows, and as a highly qualified TV personality, the world recognizes Pat Sajak.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 26th of October 1946 Pat Sajak will turn 76 years old. He is quite tall with a height of 5 feet 10 inches and his weight is 80 kg approximately. He has stunning looks with his rare set of blue-colored eyes and his hair of light brown color.
Even at this age, Pat Sajak has managed to keep himself in a good shape and still has a healthy body figure.
As Pat Sajak is one of the most familiar faces in the United States, he has a lot of wealth through his career as a host of popular game shows as well as his acting career. Sajak is one of the most recognized television personalities and now lives a lavish life. The total net worth estimated for Pat Sajak is $65 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Pat Sajak was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois, United States. The son of Leonard Anthony Sajdak and Joyce Helen, he grew up with his brother David Sajdak. He attended Columbia College Chicago after studying at Farragut High School.
|Birth Place||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Date Of Birth||October 26, 1946|
|Height||In Centimetres – 178 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 10”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 80 kg
In Pounds – 176.5 lbs
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Profession||Television Personality, Game Show Host, Actor|
|School||Farragut High School|
|College||Columbia College Chicago|
|Home Town||Chicago, Illinois, United States|
|Fathers Name||Leonard Anthony Sajdak (Factory Worker)|
|Mothers Name||Joyce Helen (née Brandecka)|
|Brothers||David Sajdak (Brother)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Pat worked as a DJ during the early 70s and when his popularity began to rise, he was offered a voiceover job at NBC’s ‘Today’s Show,’ which soon developed into anchoring. In 1981, for their game show ‘Wheel of Fortune’, the network was looking for a host and the managers asked Pat to host the show.
Pat had presented two game show pilots in 1980 ‘Press Your Luck’ for Ralph Edwards, and ‘Puzzlers’ for Mark Goodson, before hosting ‘Wheel of Fortune.’ Not long later, he began hosting a few other shows, including a ‘CBS’ late-night talk show that was on air for a brief time and ‘Larry King Live’ for some time.
In addition to these, he also anchored a few more series, such as ‘Dream House’ and ‘Just Men.’ With the soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives,’ he had a brief stint where he appeared in 1983 as Kevin Hathway. He has also been a guest writer for Ricochet.com, which deals with topics of social policy.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife, and More
Married to Lesly Brown since the year 1988 the couple has a son and a daughter.
|Girlfriend||Sherrill Sajak (1978- 1986),
Lesly Brown (1988- Present)
|Marital Status||Married since 1988|
|Children||Son – Patrick Michael James Sajak (b. September 22, 1990)
Daughter – Maggie Marie Sajak (b. January 5, 1995)
Here we provide you the list of Pat Sajak’s favorite things.
|Favorite Food||White Castle hamburgers|
|Favorite Ice Hockey Team||Los Angeles Kings|
Some Interesting Facts About Pat Sajak
- On February 27, 2009, he celebrated the 5,000th taping of his Wheel of Fortune show, along with co-host Vanna White.
- Since 1998, he has been the owner of the Maryland-based AM radio station WNAV in Annapolis.
- Comedian Martin Short played the fictional character, Ed Grimley, in the 1980s, who was a hyperactive man and Sajak was his object of fascination.
- Pat said that he would either be a DJ or a weatherman if he were not hosting Wheel of Fortune.
- The Emmy Lifetime Achievement Award was conferred on Pat on June 19, 2011.
- After Chuck Woolery, he is commonly known as the 2nd full-time host of Wheel of Fortune.
- He was mentored by Merv Griffin, the television host.
- Sajak has a Muppet from Sesame Street named after him. Pat Playjacks, produced in his likeness, is known as the show is the nicest game show host.
- In the 2001 issue of the US pop music magazine Spin, he was credited as the co-composer of the thrash metal band Slayer.
- He is an experienced helicopter pilot as well.