Biography / Wiki
Being an Indian, it’s difficult to hold a high position in the government. But the journey of Nikki Haley in the United States politics has been smooth and easy-going. She was born on January 20, 1972, in Bamberg, South Carolina. At a very young age, she took the responsibility of growing her family into a success. Born American but being Indian, she became a victim of racism.
She was the first female and Indian to become the governor in the history of South Carolina. She is an American diplomat, businessman, author, and politician.
Height / Weight / Age
Nikki Haley is 173 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’9”. Approximately, 60 kg in Kilograms or 132 lbs in Pounds is her weight. In January 2021, she turned 49 years old. Her eye color is dark brown and her hair color is black. Her physique reflects the personality of a politician.
As of 2019, Nikki Haley has an estimated net worth of $1.5 million.
Education / Family
She was born with the real name Nimrata Randhawa to an Indian American Sikh family. Her father Ajit Singh Randhawa was a professor and her mother Raj Kaur Randhawa pursued a law degree from the University of Delhi. Her family moved to South Carolina when she was selected for the post of professor at Voorhees University.
The family clothing business “Exotica International” was started by her mother. She has one sister, Simran who is a radio host, and two brothers Mitti and Charan. She attended Orangeburg Preparatory Schools, South Carolina for education. She completed her Bachelor’s degree in accounting from Clemson University.
|Real Name||Nimrata Randhawa|
|Birth Place||Bamberg, South Carolina, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||January 20, 1972|
|Height||In centimeters – 173 cm
In feet inches – 5’8”
|Weight||In kilograms – 60 kg
In pounds – 132 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|School||Orangeburg Preparatory Schools, South Carolina|
|College||Clemson University, South Carolina, United States|
|Home Town||South Carolina, United States|
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelor of Science degree in accounting|
|Fathers Name||Ajit Singh Randhawa|
|Mothers Name||Raj Kaur Randhawa|
|Brothers||Mitti Randhawa ( a retired member of the United States Army Chemical Corps)
Charan Randhawa (web designer)
|Sister||Simran Singh (a radio host and Fashion Institute of Technology alumna)
Career / Fashion And Style
After graduating, she worked as an accountant in a recycling company. She was named to the board of directors of the Orangeburg County Chamber of Commerce in 1998. In 2004, she became the president of the National Association of Women Business Owners.
As an elected governor, she focused on creating jobs and cutting small-business taxes. She opposed Syrian Refugee resettlement in South Carolina, after the terrorist attack in Paris. She served three terms in the South Carolina House of Representatives.
Donald Trump selected Nikki as the U.S ambassador to the United States. She also participated in social and charitable activities for Lexington Medical Foundation, West Metro Republican Women, and Lexington County Sheriff’s Foundation.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She married Michael Haley and got converted to Christianity.
|Husband||Michael Haley (an officer in the South Carolina Army National Guard)|
|Children||Son – Nalin Haley
Daughter – Rena Haley
Some Interesting Facts About Nikki Haley
- She belongs to an Indian Sikh family.
- Due to racism, she was disqualified from the ‘Little Miss Bamberg Pageant’.
- She started her first job at the age of 13, by maintaining the accounts of her family’s clothing store.
- “Exotica International” is the name of her family’s clothing business.
- She helped her family’s business to grow into a major success.
- She also worked as an accountant at a recycling company after college.
- She has now adopted Christianity but often attends Sikh events.
- In 2010, she was the first and the youngest elected governor.
- She was re-elected with the majority in the history of South Carolina Gubernatorial Elections.
- She is the first Indian-American Governor of South Carolina.
- She is the 2nd Indian – American Governor in American History.
- Nikki became a part of the Tea Party Movement.
- She was one of the governors who opposed opening the state’s door to Syrian refugees.
- She published a book ‘can’t is an option: My American Story’ in 2012.
- She called for the removal of Confederate Battle Flag from the South Carolina Statehouse, in 2012.
- She resigned from her role as the United States ambassador of the United States, in 2018.
- Her hobbies are reading and traveling.
- She became the 29th United States Ambassador to the United Nations.
- In 2015, ‘TIME’ magazine flashed her name on the list of “The 100 Most Influential People”.
- She made her debut in politics in 2004, when she ran for the South Carolina House of Representatives for a district in Lexington County.
- She was selected by Donald Trump for the post of United States Ambassador to the United Nations.