Biography / Wiki
Ryan Higa is an American-Japanese YouTube personality popularly known as Nigahiga for his YouTube channel. Along with his friend Sean Fujiyoshi, he created a YouTube channel in 2006, where they posted the videos of themselves lip-syncing to songs of famous singers. He was born on June 6, 1990, in Hilo, Hawaii.
From lip-syncing, they soon shifted to comic videos. In 2015, he earned the second position in the Variety magazine’s #Famechangers Digital Star ranking. He owns to channels named ‘NigaHiga’ and ‘HigaTV’.
Height / Weight / Age
Ryan Higa has a height of is 173 cm and in feet inches, his height is 5’8”. His weight is 65 kg in Kilograms or 143 lbs in Pounds. In June, he turned 32 years old. His eye color and hair color is black. His body measurements are as follows: 40 inches chest, 30 inches waist, and 14 inches biceps.
His net worth is estimated to be $10 million approximately.
Education / Family
Ryan was born to Wendell Higa and Luci Higa who is Ryan’s manager. He has an elder brother named Kyle Higa. He went to Waiakea High School in Hilo, where he suffered from bullying. Later, he was enrolled at the University of Las Vegas where he was pursuing a degree in nuclear medicine which he didn’t complete. Initially, he created a YouTube channel for sharing videos with his friends and family. When he started receiving positive comments from strangers, he started making videos for his fans as well.
|Birth Place||Hilo, Hawaii, U.S.A|
|Date Of Birth||6 June 1990|
|Height||In centimeters – 173 cm
In feet inches – 5’8”
|Weight||In kilograms – 65 kg
In pounds – 143 lbs
|Profession||Actor, singer, YouTube personality|
|School||Waiakea High School, Hilo Hawaii|
|College||University of Las Vegas|
|Home Town||Hilo, Hawaii, U.S.A|
|Debut||Film- Tell Me How I Die (2016)
YouTube – 2006
|Fathers Name||Wendell Higa|
|Mothers Name||Luci Higa
Career / Fashion And Style
He created the channel in 2006 and has gained over 2.9 billion views on his channel with ‘Nice Guys’ being the most-watched video. As the duo of Ryan and Sean were gaining popularity, director Richard Van Vleet approached them and helped them create the movie ‘Ryan and Sean’s Not So Excellent Adventure’.
Later, Ryan was starred in the short movie ‘Ninja Melk’ along with Tim Enos and Tarynn Nago who had helped the duo in setting up the NigaHiga channel. He is most fond of the 35-minute short called ‘Agents of secret stuff’ which features many other YouTubers and actors.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Some Interesting Facts About Ryan Higa
- In school, Ryan was bullied and was very disheartened by the people’s behavior towards him.
- During his high school days, he used to make funny videos for his family, friends, and relatives.
- He got his confidence back from comedy.
- Along with his friend Sean Fujiyoshi, he began posting videos of themselves lip-syncing to songs in 2006.
- ‘NigaHiga’ was the name of the YouTube channel; ‘Niga’ means ‘rant’ in Japanese and ‘Higa’ was his last name.
- Quickly, he expanded the channel with the comic content such as occasional guest appearances by Tim Enos, Ryan Villaruel, Kyle Chun, Tarynn Nago, etc.
- Due to copyright violations, the two most popular videos, “How To Be Gangster” and “How To Be Emo” were removed.
- To make content for the NigaHiga YouTube channel, along with his friend Sean, he owned a production company called ‘Ryan Higa Production Company’.
- He has over 20 million subscribers on his main channel.
- He released his second channel in 2011 named ‘HigaTV’ where he posts video blogs and behind the scenes videos. He has over 4 million views on the second channel.
- He owns two dogs named Teddy and Marley.
- As a child, he was diagnosed with ADHD.
- He is a member of ‘Yesterday Today Forever’.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @notryanhiga
- Twitter – @TheRealRyanHiga
- Facebook – @RyanHiga