Biography / Wiki
Nathan Adrian was born with a real name Nathan Ghar-jun Adrian. He was born on December 7, 1988, in Bremerton, Washington. He is a popular and successful American competitive swimmer. Not only became a part of the Olympics but has won gold medal five times. Apart from winning a medal, he also held American record in the long course 50-meter freestyle event.
Not everybody is fortunate to become a part of the Olympics. Nathan participated in the Olympics, won medals, made his country proud and created his own identity around the world.
Height / Weight / Age
Nathan Adrian is 198 cm tall and in feet inches his height is 6’6”. His weight is 103 kg in Kilograms and 227 lbs in Pounds. In December 2019, he turned 30 years old. His eye color and his hair color both are dark browns. His body measurement is 46 inches chest, 32 inches waist, and biceps in 15 inches. He has flexible and flat feet help him to swim and stay in water for a longer time. His long torso and flexible shoulders help him to change his moves and strokes.
Nathan Adrian lives a lavish lifestyle and has an estimated net worth of $4 million.
Education / Family
His father James Adrian is a retired nuclear engineer from the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. His mother Cecilia, is Chinese and works as a nurse for the Bremerton school district. He has two elder siblings Justin and Donella who swam at the University of Washington and Arizona State University respectively.
Seeing his elders swimming, Nathan started swimming at the age of 5. He swam for his school team as well. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health from the University of California.
|Real name||Nathan Ghar-jun Adrian|
|Birth Place||Bremerton, Washington|
|Date Of Birth||December 7, 1988|
|Age||30 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 198 cm
In feet inches – 6’6”
|Weight||In kilograms – 103 kg
In pounds – 227 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|School||Bremerton High School|
|College||University of California, Berkley|
|Home Town||Bremerton, Washington|
|Debut||2008 Short Cause World Championships|
|Fathers Name||James Adrian|
|Mothers Name||Cecilia Adrian|
Career / Fashion And Style
Adrian won the gold medal in the 100-meter freestyle and 400-meter freestyle relay at the 2008 Short Course World Championships. In the same year, he represented America at the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics.
At the trials, he secured 4th position in the 100 m freestyle. He completed the 400 m freestyle relay in 48.82 seconds. In the 2009 World Championships, he contributed to the heats, won the gold medals, and placed the U.S team first in the finals.
In the 2012 London Olympics, he defeated his favorite swimmer and broke his personal record. He won four medals at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics. He has bagged 15 gold medals, 6 silver, and 3 Bronze medals to date.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife, and More
He dated his merchandising director Hallie Ivester for six years. On September 15th, 2018, he married Hallie in Rutherford, California.
Some Interesting Facts About Nathan Adrian
- For relay and 50m long-course swimming, Nathan has won the Olympics gold medal thrice.
- He has bagged 24 medals under his belt at the Olympic, Pan-Pacific and World Championship.
- While studying at the University of California, he has won the NCAA championship five times.
- Two American records of 18:66 seconds for the 50 m and 41:08 seconds for the 100 m freestyle are recorder under Nathan’s name.
- At the Austin Grand Prix, he broke a twenty-year stable pool record by Matt Biondi. He timed 48.3 seconds in the 100 m freestyle.
- His coach/mentors are Dave Durden and Mike Bottom.
- He is associated with Tacoma Swim Club.
- His ethnicity is American-Chinese.
- His hobbies are hanging out with friends, jet skiing, boating and dirt biking.
- His salary is $243,750 per annum approximately.
- He appeared on the show ‘Myth Busters’ of Discovery channel where he assisted Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman.
- He defeated his favorite Australian swimmer, James Magnussen at London Olympics.
- After doing a vigorous training, he gets hungry every two hours and can eat a full meal every time. He has the capacity to consume a 6000-8000 calorie diet.
- Due to visibility constraints, Nathan is scared of swimming in open water. It leads him to anxiety and he freaks out when he can’t see underwater.
- Nathan’s elder brother used to beat Nathan very badly, to show him that he was better in strength, speed, and size.
- He was diagnosed with testicular cancer and underwent surgery. Now it is cured and he is living a healthy life now.