Biography / Wiki
One of the most versatile and talented actresses in the entertainment industry, Natalie Portman has proved she is highly deserving of Golden Globe and Academy Award which she has won. Appearing in some of the most successful and critically acclaimed films, the Israeli born actress initially gained recognition after she starred in the ‘Star Wars’ series of films.
At Columbia University Natalie Portman served as a guest lecturer on terrorism and counter-terrorism. Named one of the ‘50 Most Beautiful People’ by People’s Magazine, she served as the youngest jury member of the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on June 09, 1981, Natalie Portman is currently 41 years old. She is known for her trademark brown eyes, sweet voice, and petite figure. She believes in staying fit and has a well-maintained body figure and her body figure measurements are 34-25-34 inches, she wears no. 8 in the shoe size.
Natalie’s height measure 5 ft 3 inches and her weight is 50 kg approximately. She also has a radiant smile which looks even better with her Light Brown eyes and her Light Brown hair as well.
With a lot of blockbuster movies under her belt, she has become one of the most celebrated actresses in Hollywood. She has earned most of her wealth through her acting ventures and most of her movies have been high grossing on box office. The total net worth estimated for Natalie Portman is $60 million USD as of now.
Education / Family
Neta-Lee Hershlag, popularly known as Natalie Portman was born and raised in Jerusalem, Israel. She is the daughter of Avner Hershlag, her father and Shelley Stevens, her mother. She was raised along with her brother Caleb Knightley. Natalie studied at Jewish Elementary School and later went to the Hebrew College of Jerusalem.
|Birth Place||Jerusalem, Israel|
|Date Of Birth||June 09, 1981|
|Height||In centimeters – 160 cm
In feet and inches – 5 ft 3 in
|Weight||In kilograms – 50 kg
In pounds – 110 pounds
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Profession||Actress, Model, film producer, and director|
|School||Jewish Elementary School|
|College||Hebrew College of Jerusalem|
|Nationality||American and Israeli|
|Home Town||Jerusalem, Israel|
|Debut||First Film: Léon: The Professional (1994),
First TV Show: Season of Sesame Street (2003)
|Fathers Name||Avner Hershlag ( Israeli fertility specialist and gynecologist)
|Mothers Name||Shelley Stevens (Homemaker)
Career / Fashion And Style
With ‘Léon: The Professional’, Natalie made her film debut on November, 18, 1994. In the Michael Mann crime film, ‘Heat’ she played ‘Lauren Gustafson’ in the year 1995. She played the role of ‘Anne Frank’ in the stage play, ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ in 1997.
‘Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace’ starred Natalie in 1999 and gave her career a boost it needed. She played the role of ‘Novalee Nation’ in 2000. ‘Star Wars Episode II: Attack of The Clones’ is her film released in 2002. She starred in the Spanish American film, ‘Goya’s Ghosts’ in 2006.
In the ‘Little Big Girl’ episode of the animated sitcom, ‘The Simpsons’ she played a voice role in 2007. A box office success and critically acclaimed flick ‘Black Swan’ featured her in the main role and made her global fame, as she received many awards and recognitions for it.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She is married to Benjamin Millepied and the couple has a son and a daughter.
|Boyfriends||Lukas Haas (1998),
Gael Garcia Bernal (2003-2007),
Jake Gyllenhaal (2006),
Jude Law (2007),
Devendra Banhart (2008),
Benjamin Millepied (2009-Present)
|Children||Daughter: Amalia Millepied
Son: Aleph Portman-Millepied
Here we provide you the list of Natalie Portman’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Ben Kingsley, John Turturro|
|Favorite Actress||Julia Roberts, Jennifer Grey, and Susan Sarandon|
|Favorite TV Show||Friends, Dawson’s Creek and Jerry Springer|
|Favorite Makeup Items||Kiehl’s lip gloss, Vincent Longo Water Canvas Foundation|
|Favorite Food||Chocolate, Pizza, Tea and Ice Cream|
|Favorite Music||Radiohead, The Jackson 5, and Stevie Wonder.|
Some Interesting Facts About Natalie Portman
- A segment of the collective film ‘New York, I Love You’ was directed by Natalie Portman.
- For her role in ‘V for Vendetta (2006)’, she has won Saturn Award for Best Actress and Constellation Award for Best Female Performance.
- For Best Supporting Actress for the drama film ‘Closer’, Portman received a nomination at the 2005 Academy Awards.
- While working as an actress, at the same time she earned her bachelor’s degree from Harvard.
- Under the production of New York City’s Public Theatre, she has performed in Anton Chekhov’s ‘The Seagull’ in the year 2001.
- For her role in the drama film ‘Closer’, Portman has won the Golden Globe Award for Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture.
- She was the leading lady in the historical dramas ‘The Other Boleyn Girl (2008)’ and ‘Goya’s Ghosts (2006)’.
- Starring Olivia Thirlby, Lauren Bacall, and Ben Gazzara, Nat has also directed a short film ‘Eve’.
- In the year 2008, ‘Eve’ opened the 65th Venice International Film Festival’s short film competition.
- At the 61st Annual Cannes Film Festival, she was the youngest jury member in the year 2008.