Biography / Wiki
48th vice president of the United States ‘Mike Pence’ was also a former U.S. congressman and governor of Indiana. He was born as Michael Richard Pence on June 7, 1959. His media experience has made him an effective orator and developed his conservative brand. He is especially known for his social conservatism and he often stated that he is a Christian, a conservative, and a Republican.
He has opposed same-sex marriage, abortion, and pushed to defund Planned Parenthood. He became popular from the Tea Party movement due to his willingness to challenge the party establishment. He also focused on economic issues especially job creation and tax cuts.
Height / Weight / Age
Mike Pence has a towering height of 180 cm and in feet inches, his height is 5’11”. As a politician he weighs is 72 kg in Kilograms or 159 lbs in Pounds. In June 2020, he turned 61 years old. His eye color is hazel brown and his hair color is white.
Mike’s net worth is estimated to be $400,000 approximately.
Education / Family
Mike Pence was born in Columbus to Nancy and Edward Pence who operated a series of gas stations. He has three brothers named Gregory, Edward, and Thomas and two sisters named Annie and Mary. He grew up in an Irish Catholic family. He considered John F. Kennedy as his idol.
He went to Columbus North High School whereas a student he volunteered for the Bartholomew County Democratic Party. In 1981, he completed his graduation with a B.A in history from Hanover College. Later, in 1983 he moved to Indianapolis to earn his J.D from Indiana University McKinney School of Law.
|Real Name||Michael Richard ‘Mike’ Pence|
|Birth Place||Columbus, Indiana, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||June 7, 1959|
|Height||In centimeters – 180 cm
In feet inches – 5’11”
|Weight||In kilograms – 72 kg
In pounds – 159 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel brown|
|Profession||American politician and attorney|
|School||Columbus North High School, Columbus, Indiana, USA|
|College||Hanover College, Indiana, USA
Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indiana, USA
|Home Town||Columbus, Indian, U.S.|
|Fathers Name||Edward J. Pence Jr|
|Mothers Name||Nancy Pence
|Brothers||Gregory, Thomas, Edward|
Career / Fashion And Style
After graduation, he went into private practice and also tried politics by becoming a precinct committeeman for the Marion County Republican Party. In 1988 and 1990 he ran for Congress but lost it both the times. His public profile developed and he served as a president of the Indiana Policy Review Foundation.
In 2000, he ran for congress again and won a seat. He climbed the ranks of Republican leadership and in 2005 was named as head of the Republican Study Committee.
In 2013, he won the election for governor of Indiana and signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act to protect an individual’s ability to exercise their religious beliefs. In 2016, Donald Trump named Pence as his running mate. In 2017, he resigned from the post of governor of Indiana and took over the position of vice president.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1985, he married Karen Pence who is a former teacher and has also been involved with youth-related non-profit organizations. He has three children named Michael, Audrey, and Charlotte.
|Wife||Karen Pence (1985)
|Children||Son – Michael Pence
Daughter – Charlotte Pence, Audrey Pence
The list of Mike’s favourite things.
|Favourite Film||Wizard of Oz|
|Favourite Food||Moose Tracks Ice-creams, apple|
|Favourite Politician||John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr|
|Favourite Book||The Holy Bible|
|Favourite Color(s)||Blue, gold|
Some Interesting Facts About Mike Pence
- Mike’s grandfather Richard Michael Cawley was a Chicago bus driver who came from Ireland to the US. Mike was named after his grandfather.
- After graduation, he worked as an admission counselor.
- After graduation from law school, he worked as an attorney privately.
- He worked in talk radio and hosted the ‘Mike Pence Show’.
- He has been a congressman for six-terms from 2001 to 2012.
- He opposed the No Child Left Behind Policy which was proposed by President George W. Bush.
- He carries a quite polite which is in contrast with that of Donald Trump.
- He frequently travels to Iraq and Afghanistan and has voted for the Iraq resolution.
- Before endorsing Donald Trump, he has endorsed Ted Cruz.
- In 2016, he was announced for Vice-Presidential candidate by Donald Trump.
- He thought of running the Presidential Elections in 2008, 2012, and 2016 but later gave up on his decision.
- During Mike Pence’s tenure as the Governor of Indiana, Indiana appeared among the top ten states to have a business-friendly climate.
- His hobbies are reading and traveling.
- Phil Sharp is his biggest rival.
- It became a controversy when he signed the controversial Religious Freedom Restoration Act in 2015.
- Along with actor Woody Harrelson, he attended Indiana’s Hanover College.
- His ethnicity is Irish.
- He holds a bachelor’s degree in history.