Biography / Wiki
The sudden and tragic death of Michael Jackson was a sudden outburst of sorrow for a million of people worldwide. He was a legend for the music industry as he changed the way people looked on to music.
His contribution towards music, dance, and fashion is still counted, remembered and adored by the audience and other artists. He died on June 25th, 2009 in Los Angeles from a cardiac arrest. His sound and style still influence many hip-hop, contemporary, R&B, pop, and rock artists.
Height / Weight / Age
Michael Jackson was 175 cm tall and in feet inches, his height was 5’9”. He weighed 60 kg in Kilograms or 132 lbs in Pounds. His eye color was black and his hair color was dark brown. He turned 50 years old at the time of death.
His body measurement was 38 inches chest, 28 inches waist, and biceps in 13 inches. He had long black hair. He had a soft voice with a high-pitched tone. He was a fluid and energetic dancer.
At the time of his death, Michael Jackson’s net worth was $236 million.
Education / Family
MJ was born into an African-American family. His father Joe Jackson worked in a steel mill worker whereas his mother Katherine Esther Jackson worked at Sears. His father was also a former boxer and played guitar with a local rhythm and blues band.
MJ was the eighth of ten children; he grew up with three sisters and six brothers. At a very young age, MJ developed his interest in music. He became the lead singer in the family band and started performing in public.
Michael Joseph Jackson
|Nickname||MJ, King of Pop|
|Birth Place||Gary, Indiana, US|
|Date Of Birth||August 29, 1958|
|Age||50 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 60 kg
In pounds – 132 lbs
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, dancer, actor, record producer, businessman, philanthropist|
|Home Town||Gary, Indiana, USA|
|Fathers Name||Joe Jackson (Ex-boxer, worked in US Steel)|
|Mothers Name||Katherine Jackson (Worked at Sears)|
|Brothers||Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, and Randy|
|Sisters||Rebbie, La Toya, and Janet
|Debut||Film – The Wiz (1978)|
Career / Fashion And Style
MJ along with his band started touring Midwest and performed at black clubs. With Steeltown record label they released their first single “Bad boy” in 1967. They moved to Los Angeles and signed a contract with Motown Records in 1968.
They released their first album “Diana Ross Presents Jackson 5” which became a chartbuster and a bestseller. With the song “Got to be there”, he started his solo career as well. The band toured internationally and released almost 6 albums from 1976 to 1984. The band gave numerous hits one after the other.
After releasing numerous hits, MJ achieved iconic status worldwide. From his music albums to his autobiography and surgeries, everything started becoming a headline. He was honored by 31 Guinness World Records, 13 Grammy Awards, 26 American Music Awards, and 18 World Music Awards.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1994, he first married Lisa Marie Presley but got divorced in 1996. Then in 1997, he married Deborah Rowe but separated in 1999. The couple was blessed with a son and a daughter and he had a third child from a surrogate mother through artificial insemination.
Lisa Marie Presley
|Marital Status||Divorced (13 years before death)|
|Wife||Lisa Marie Presley (1994-1996)
Debbie Rowe (1996-1999)
|Children||Son – Michael Joseph Jackson Jr.
Daughter – Paris-Michael Katherine Jackson, Prince Michael Jackson II
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Morgan Freeman, Marlon Brando|
|Favourite Actress||Shirley Temple, Elizabeth Taylor, Katherine Hepburn|
|Favourite Artists||Michaelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci|
|Favourite Singers||Jackie Wilson, James Brown, Smokey Robinson, Diana Ross, The Temptations|
|Favourite Food||Taco, Burrito, Sushi, Pizza, Chicken, Fish, Popcorn, Glazed Doughnuts, Fresh Fruits|
|Favourite Movies||Peter Pan, E.T., Star Wars|
|Favourite TV show||The Three Stooges, Flip Wilson Show, Brady Bunch, The Simpsons|
|Favourite Colours||Red, Black, White, Golden|
|Favourite Drink||Almond Milk, Fruit Smoothie, Orange and Carrot Juice|
|Favourite Songs||Tobacco Road, You Are my sunshine, Cloud nine by The Temptation|
Some Interesting Facts About Michael Jackson
- In 1984, he won 8 Oscars.
- The cause of his death was Cardiac arrest due to intoxication with propofol and benzodiazepine.
- His ethnicity was African-American.
- His hobbies were reading and playing basketball.
- 5 billion people watched the funeral of Michael Jackson.
- Even after his death, he was the first artist to sell one million downloads.
- He was crowned as the ‘most successful entertainer of all time’ by Guinness World Records.
- The afternoon MJ died, Wikipedia, Twitter, and AOL’s Instant Messenger crashed.
- He owned a python, two llamas, and a chimpanzee.
- He died on June 25, 2009, in Los Angeles.
- On 20 January 1993, he performed at the ball for President Bill Clinton’s first inauguration.
- In the remembrance of MJ, memorials and statues were constructed.
- His father abused MJ physically and emotionally.
- He has had two plastic surgeries for nose and chin.
- He had a debt of $500 million.
- His car collection included Rolls Royce Limousine, Ferrari, Mercedes Benz, GMC V Jimmy, Ford Explorer, Chevys and many more.
- In 1992, he founded the “Heal the World” foundation. Here is the official video of Michael Jackson’s 14-minute short film “Thriller”.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @michaeljackson
- Twitter – @michaeljackson
- Facebook – @MichaelJackson