Biography / Wiki
Born in Eritrea and immigrated to the U.S, Meb is a Marathon Runner represented America on every international platform. It was a hard time for Meb, as he born and grown up during a time of war. To escape Ethiopian soldiers and their brutal massacres Meb and his family had to move from one place to another from time to time.
He was born on May 5, 1975, in Asmara, Eritrea. He has gained popularity worldwide by winning a lot many marathons and medals. He participated in many marathon events and the Summer Olympics.
Height / Weight / Age
Meb Keflezighi is 165 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’5”. He weighs 58 kg in Kilograms and 127 lbs in Pounds. In May, he turned 47 years old. His eye color is brown and is bald. His body measurement is 38 inches chest, 28 inches waist, and biceps in 13 inches. To maintain his figure he adopted a balanced diet and vigorous training schedule.
Education / Family
Meb was born to Russom Keflezighi and Awetash Keflezighi. He was the third child among 10 children of his parents. His family was a refugee from Eritrea, who moved to the United States via Italy to escape the Ethiopian soldiers and their brutal actions. Keflezighi’s finally settled in San Diego into a 3-bedroom apartment.
Meb’s father worked really hard to provide all amenities to his children. He attended San Diego High School for elementary education. He is graduated in mass communication and business from UCLA.
|Real Name||Mebrahtom “Meb” Keflezighi|
|Birth Place||Asmara, Eritrea|
|Date Of Birth||May 5, 1975|
|Height||In centimeters – 165 cm
In feet inches – 5’5”
|Weight||In kilograms – 58 kg
In pounds – 127 lbs
|School||San Diego High School|
|Home Town||Mammoth Lakes, California|
|Fathers Name||Russom Keflezighi|
|Mothers Name||Awetash Keflezighi|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2001, he turned pro. He has won the USA Cross Country Championships in 2001, 2002, and 2009. In Summer Olympics 2004, he finished second in the men’s marathon and won a silver medal by the best time of 2 hours, 11 minutes, and 29 seconds.
He set his personal best of 2:09:15 and won the 2009 New York City Marathon. He won the U.S. Olympic Marathon Trial in Houston with a time of 2:09:08 and became the oldest winner of the Olympic Trials Marathon at the age of 36.
He won the 2014 Boston Marathon with an official time of 2:08:37. Winning this race is considered as his biggest achievement. In the 2016 Summer Olympics marathon, he secured 33rd position with a time of 2:16:46 because he was dealing with stomach problems.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married Yordano in November 2004 and has three daughters.
|Children||Daughter – Sara, Fiyori, and Yohana|
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Post-run snack||Chocolate power bars|
|Favourite Post-run food||An omelet with avocado and turkey|
|Favourite Song||Empire State of mind by Jay Z|
Some Interesting Facts About Meb Keflezighi
- Meb belongs to Eritrea which is in Africa but later in 1987, his family moved to the United States.
- In the freedom of Eritrea, his father played the role of revolutionary due to which he had to move to Adi Beyani to escape Ethiopian soldiers and their brutal massacres.
- He thought cars are a death machine and saw the first car of his life at the age of 10.
- After watching TV for the first time Meb wondered how so many people can fit in such a small box.
- Since his school days, he has been running due to which he made his way to UCLA Athletic Hall of Fame in 2010.
- He has won the US Cross Country Championship in 2001, 2002 2003 and became the national Cross Country champion thrice.
- He was the first American to win the Boston Marathon.
- He is the only marathoner to win the Boston Marathon, the New York Marathon and an Olympic medal.
- Meb follows a nine-day cycle training.
- His hobbies are socializing, running, reading, biking and eating.
- His ethnicity is African-American.
- He turned pro in 2001.
- Bob Larsen is his coach/mentor.
- After marathons, he stays in pain for four days.
- For running his takes training for seven hours every day.
- He runs along bicycle to maintain his speed to win the marathon.
- With David Letterman, he appeared on Late Night.
- He released his own autobiography called Run to overcome which is co-written with Dick Patrick.
- During one of his race, he wore the names of the victims of bombings on his bib.
- His last name is pronounced as ‘Keff-Lez-Gee”.
- To win a marathon, he is the oldest person.