Biography / Wiki
In a short span of their career, Matt Damon has achieved great success in Hollywood. It is like a challenge to hold so many awards and nominations in a short period of time. Initially, he struggled and earned experience through small roles.
He was born on October 8, 1970, in Cambridge. Since childhood, he took active participation in many plays which helped in bringing him to the bigger platform. He is a popular actor, screenwriter, and philanthropist. His major breakthrough was “Goodwill hunting”, for which he received both Academy and Golden Globe.
Height / Weight / Age
Matt Damon is 178 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’10”. He weighs 84 kg in Kilograms or 185 lbs in Pounds. He has blue color eyes and brown color hair. His body measurements are as follows: 43 inches chest, 32 inches waist, and 15 inches biceps. He turned 52 years old.
As of 2019, Matt Damon has an estimated net worth of $170 million.
Education / Family
He was born with the name Matthew Paige Damon. When he was a toddler, his parents got divorced; hence he spent most of his childhood with his mother and brother. His mother worked as a professor in early childhood education.
His brother Kyle is three years elder than him. He attended Cambridge Alternative School. He was sent to Harvard University for higher studies but to become an actor he had to drop it in between. During his college days, he got more passionate about acting.
|Real name||Matthew Paige Damon|
|Birth Place||Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||October 8, 1970|
|Height||in centimeters – 178 cm
in feet inches – 5’ 10”
|Weight||in Kilograms – 84 kg
in Pounds – 185 lbs
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter|
|School||Cambridge Alternative School|
|College||Harvard University (dropped out)|
|Debut||Mystic Pizza (1988)|
|Fathers Name||Kent Telfer Damon (Stockbroker)|
|Mothers Name||Nancy Carlsson-Paige (Early Childhood education professor at Lesley University)|
|Brothers||Kyle (Accomplished Sculptor and Artist)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Matt started his acting career through minor roles in movies like ‘Burn this’, ‘A…my name is Alice”, etc. He created his identity and showcased his potential through the movie “Courage under fire”. At age 18 he got a small part in Mystic Pizza (1988). He also appeared in the television movie Rising Son (1990).
Good Will Hunting (1997) garnered nine Oscar nominations, including best actor for Damon. At age 27, He won the Academy Award for the best original screenplay in 1998.
Another achievement was through the role of the protagonist in the movie “The Bourne Identity”. For his role in “Invictus”, he was nominated for the Academy Awards for the ‘Best Supporting Role’.
He did “The Martian” movie which earned nearly $600 million around the world and helped him to win the Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Motion Picture Musical or Comedy. After his win, Damon was nominated for another Oscar in the classification of the lead on-screen character.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Skylar Satenstein (1989)
Minnie Driver (1996-97)
Claire Danes (1997)
Winona Ryder (1997-2000)
Kara Sands (2000)
Odessa Whitmire (2001-2003)
Rhona Mitra (2003)
Luciana Damon (2003-present)
|Wife/Spouse||Luciana Bozán Barroso (m. 2005)|
Some Interesting Facts About Matt Damon
- His full name is Matthew Paige Damon.
- He acted in many dramas in Cambridge Rindge School.
- At the age of 2, Matt’s parents got separated. Matt and his brother lived in Cambridge with his mother, where they lived in a six-family communal house.
- Ben Affleck’s father used to be a janitor at Harvard, which was Ben’s inspiration for his role in Good Will Hunting.
- Matt was in Harvard University and lived in the Lowell House, Harvard College. To take the role in Geronimo An American Legend he left Harvard University.
- He used to “breakdance” in the middle of the “Harvard Square” for money.
- When he met with Success he also tried Screenwriting.
- His best friends are Ben Affleck and Casey Affleck, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Joaquin Phoenix, Wyclef Jean, and Chris Hemsworth.
- He lost his 30 pounds weight for his role in the film The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) co-featuring Gwyneth Paltrow, Cate Blanchett.
- Forbes magazine ranked him as the most bankable and one of the highest-engrossing stars of all time.
- Matt has won several awards including the ultimate Academy Awards from four nominations and two Golden Globe Awards. He’s been nominated for two British Academy Film Awards and five Emmy Awards.
- Matt Damon not only acted in “Good Will Hunting” but also wrote it, starring alongside Ben Affleck. He wrote the first draft of the movie at Harvard University.
- Pearl Street Films, a Warner Bros based production company and Live Planet are owned by Damon and Affleck.
- Damon also did the charitable work with ONE Campaign, H2O Africa Foundation, Feeding America, and Water.org.
- Matt got only single-line dialogue in his debut movie Mystic Pizza.
- Matt lost 18 kgs in 100 days by following his own diet and work-out regimen for playing an addicted soldier in 1996’s Courage Under Fire which was acclaimed by the critics also. The Washington Post called his performance “impressive”.
- His character “Patricia Highsmith” in The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999), Variety magazine described his performance as “Damon outstandingly conveys his character’s slide from innocent enthusiasm into cold calculation”
- In 2007, Matt Daymon has been awarded the honor of receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- For the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley, Damon learned to play Piano.
- Matt was filming Stuck on You in Florida where he met with his wife, Luciana Barroso.
- Matt took the pain to work in a bar in Tennessee for his role in “The Rainmaker”. He also hired a “dialect coach”.
- In 2005, Matt Damon and Luciana Barroso got married in the New York City Hall.
- Matt denied the role of Bobby Mercer in “Four Brothers” due to ultra-violent script.
- He had also lost the bet for being the one to get married first and gifted a blank check to Ben Affleck and his wife.