Biography / Wiki
British rock-star Farrokh Bulsara, commonly known as Freddie Mercury, who was active during the 1970s and 1980s is considered as one of the most popular musicians ever and known as the long-term friend and partner of the rock-star Mary Austin was one of the biggest influences in the late rock star’s personal and professional life.
Sharing a flat, they lived together for a few years in West Kensington. Freddie wrote many songs on her, the most popular of them being ‘Love of My Life’. The couple never married, despite the profound love they had for each other. Mary Austin eventually moved on to marry another man while Mercury lived a flamboyant life and took many male lovers. Even after this, she returned to take care of Mercury during his last days.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on 6 March 1951, Mary Austin is currently 71 years old. She appears to be tall and slim and her body figure measurements are 34-28-35. Her height measures 5 feet 7 inches her weight is 62 kg approximately. Austin has blue colored eyes and the color of her hair is blonde.
Mary Austin has been a homemaker for most part of her life. Not out of gratitude, but for the important role she had played in his life, Mercury left Austin a better part of his wealth. Austin received as much as $10 million US dollars and his mansion which makes up part of her total net worth of 7 to 8 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Born and raised in Fulham, London, United Kingdom, Mary Austin has not revealed the name and details of her parents or siblings. She has completed her High school graduation but it is not known if she attended any college.
|Birth Place||Fulham, London, United Kingdom.|
|Date Of Birth||6 March 1951|
|Height||In centimetres – 170 cm
In feet and inches – 5′ 7″
|Weight||In kilograms – 62 Kg
In pounds – 136 lbs
|Zodiac sign||Not Known|
|Home Town||Fulham, London, United Kingdom.|
|Fathers Name||Name Not Known|
|Mothers Name||Name Not Known|
Career / Fashion And Style
Although she worked hard during her teenage days to earn a living, Mary has been a homemaker for the most part of her life. She was an important part of Freddie Mercury’s life and he referred to her as his “common-law wife” many a time.
Mercury wrote several songs inspired by Austin’s influence in his life and the rock band Queen performed the songs several times in their various tours. Austin decided to end the relationship for good and moved out after she expressed her feelings that she felt out of place at times around Mercury when his life started to fill with the company of several famous people and celebrities.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
She was dating the members of the rock band Queen Brian May and Freddie Mercury but after getting away from the band, she married Piers Cameron in 1990 and had two children with him but they divorced in 1993. Austin later married Nicholas Holford in 1998, but four years later the marriage was annulled.
|Husband||Nicholas Holford (M. 1998 – 2002),
Piers Cameron (M. 1990 – Div. 1993)
|Children||Two children (Name Not Known)
Here we provide you the list of Mary Austin’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Jeremy Irons|
|Favorite Actress||Julie Walters|
|Favorite Colour||Red and Blue|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Paris|
|Favorite Food||Italian Food|
|Favorite Things To Do||Reading, Listening to music and Traveling|
Some Interesting Facts About Mary Austin
- Mercury considered Austin as the only real friend he ever had.
- Mercury wrote many songs on her even considered her as his muse.
- Freddie said in an interview that Austin could never be replaced with any lover of him.
- Mary founded the Mercury Phoenix Trust which is a charity organization in Freddie’s memory that works for the betterment of patients of AIDS and HIV.
- In Bohemian Rhapsody film actress, Lucy Boynton has played Mary Austin opposite Rami Malek.
- Mercury’s mother also confirmed that Mary had a great influence on her son’s life and thought of her as a family member.
- Mercury kept it a secret from the public that he was infected with HIV and Mary Austin was one of a very few people who were aware of the fact.
- Mercury left Austin a better part of his wealth which included as much as $10 million US Dollars and his mansion.
- Austin came from a middle-class family and to earn her living, she had to work hard in her teenage years.
- Mary remained supportive of Mercury and until his death, she took great care of his health.