Biography / Wiki
A long-haul trucker from Lynnwood, Washington, who was raped at the age of 18 in her one-room apartment by serial rapist “Marc O’Leary” in 2008, Marie Adler is one of the victims who sued the city of Lynnwood.
On September 13, 2019, Netflix launched “Unbelievable,” a web series based on Marie’s true story. This show is based on Adler’s rape case and the Pulitzer Prize-winning report “An Unbelievable Story of Rape.”
Marie is played by actress Kaitlyn Dever in this crime drama series. Vanessa Bell Calloway as Sarah, Toni Collette as Grace Rasmussen, Merritt Wever as Karen Duvall, and Blake Ellis as Christopher McCarthy aka Marc O’Leary round out the cast of the series ‘Unbelievable’ released in 2019.
Height / Weight / Age
Born in the year 1990, Marie Adler is currently 31 years old but has not revealed her exact date of birth. Adler doesn’t appear to be much taller and her height measures 5 feet 3 inches while her weight is 53 kg approximately.
Marie appears to be fit and keeps herself healthy. Adler’s beautiful looks are complemented by her brown colored hair and her eyes of brown color as well.
After being falsely accused in a judgment of the court, Marie Adler later filed the case against the city and it was settled with her receiving thousands of dollars. Marie later started working as a long-haul trucker and is earning her wealth from sincere work. The total net worth estimated for Marie Adler is $150 thousand US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Marie Adler was born and raised in the United States of America but has not shared her exact birth details. Adler was withdrawn from her parents at a young age. Adler only met her biological father once in her life. She still knows very little about her biological mother. Marie studied at a High School in Lynnwood, Washington.
|Birth Place||The United States of America|
|Date Of Birth||The year 1990|
|Height||In Centimetres – 160 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 3″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 53 Kg|
In Pounds – 117 lbs
|Zodiac sign||Not Known|
|School||High School in Lynnwood, Washington|
|Home Town||The United States of America|
|Fathers Name||Not Known (Left her in her childhood)|
|Mothers Name||Peggy Cunningham (Foster Home mom)|
|Brothers||Two brothers (Name Not Known)|
|Sisters||One Sister (Name Not Known)|
Career / Fashion And Style
She had made a lot of friends at school when she moved into her new apartment in 2008. Marc O’Leary broke into her house one night and threatened her with a butcher’s knife. He then wrapped both of her hands with shoelaces and brutally raped her, all while taking pictures with his camera.
The police began their investigation after Marie reported the rape to them, but they discovered several contradictions in her testimony during the course of the investigation. The Lynnwood city court later found her guilty of filing a false charge and fined her $500 USD. She was also ordered to attend mental health therapy by the judge.
Marc O’Leary was arrested by the police after they found him guilty of raping Marie after two years. However, the abused survivor filed a lawsuit against the city of Lynnwood, and the case was settled with Marie receiving $150,000 US Dollars. Marie is currently employed as a long-haul tucker and enjoys spending time with her husband and son.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
Adler was previously dating her high school boyfriend Jordan Schweitzer. Adler is now a married woman and has two children with her husband but has not revealed their identity till now.
|Boyfriends||Jordan Schweitzer (Former High school boyfriend)|
|Husband||Name Not Known|
Here we provide you a list of Marie Adler’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Paris|
|Favorite Food||Mexican Dishes|
|Favorite Things To Do||Travelling and Shopping|
Some Interesting Facts About Marie Adler
- Marie is currently employed as a long-haul truck driver, where she earns enough money to support her family.
- Peggy, her adoptive mother, created the “Project Ladder” initiative to assist foster adult children in being self-sufficient.
- Marie met her high school boyfriend, Jordan Schweitzer, through a mutual friend.
- He worked at a fast-food chain called McDonald’s. Adler fell in love with Jordan and began dating her.
- Marie was able to afford a one-bedroom apartment in Lynnwood, Washington, after earning enough money.
- Marc O’Leary entered her home in 2008 and confronted her with a butcher’s knife.
- Marc O’Leary later raped Marie Adler and took pictures with his Sony Cybershot camera.
- In March 2009, a city court in Lynwood ruled her guilty of fabricating her rape and charged her $500 USD.
- As a result, serial rapist Marc O’Leary was released from prison, and he went on to rape a lot of young women and girls.
- Marie sued the city of Lynwood and filed a lawsuit against them. After giving her $150 thousand dollars, the case was eventually settled.