Biography / Wiki
Every footballer to be admiring to become like Lionel Messi. His outstanding performance is adored by every learner. The achievements and awards tell the story about his victory and passion. Lionel Messi was born on 24th June 1987 in Rosario, Santa Fe Argentina. His father introduced Messi with football and became his mentor. He was born into a family where everybody adored football.
Height / Weight / Age
The height of Messi is 170cm and in feet inches, his height is 5’7”. His weight is 65 kg in Kilograms or 143 lbs in Pounds. His body measurement is as follows chest 40 inches, waist 32 inches and biceps 12 inches. In June 2019, he turned 32 years old. His jersey number is 10 for both FC Barcelona and Argentina.
As of 2019, Lionel Messi has an estimated net worth of $400 million.
Education / Family
At the age of 4, Messi joined a local club Grandoli and started playing with his elder brothers. At Grandoli, his father gave him the training. Messi was the third child of his parents. He has 2 brothers and 1 sister. The death of his grandmother was a big loss for him, so to give her a tribute; he celebrates his goals by looking and pointing at the sky.
His dream of becoming a professional footballer was threatened when he was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency. He didn’t give up playing, his treatment continued along with his training. He joined the Royal Spanish Football Federation and started playing for Barcelona.
Lionel Andres Messi
|Nickname||Leo, Atomic Flea, La Pulga, Messidona, La Pulga Atomica|
|Birth Place||Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina|
|Date Of Birth||24th June 1987|
|Height||In centimeters – 170 cm
In feet inches – 5’7”
|Weight||In kilograms – 65 kg
In pounds – 143 lbs
|Profession||Argentine Professional Footballer|
|School||Did not attend|
|College||Did not attend|
|Home Town||Rosario, Sante Fe, Argentine|
|Debut||International – On 17th August 2005, for Argentine against Hungary
Club – On 16th October 2004, for FC Barcelona against Espanyol
|Fathers Name||Jorge Horacio Messi|
|Mothers Name||Celia Maria Cuccittini
|Brothers||Matias Messi and Rodrigo Messi
|Sister||Maria Sol Messi
Career / Fashion And Style
He made his club debut on 16th October 2004, for FC Barcelona against Espanyol and international debut on 17th August 2005, for Argentine against Hungary. After winning against Espanyol, he signed a contract with Barcelona as a team player. He became one of the best players in the world at the age of 19.
The turning point for his career was in 2007, where he scored a hat-trick vs Real Madrid and ended the match with a draw while playing for Barcelona. In 2008, he was honored with the “FIFA World Player” of the year award. He is considered to be the top-goalscorer of Argentina.
As he is also involved in many charitable activities, he was appointed as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2010.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He got married to his longtime girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo on June 30, 2017. He has three sons Thiago Messi, Matio and Ciro. His wife is a model and a dietician.
|Girlfriends||Antonella Roccuzzo (2007-2017)|
|Wife||Antonella Roccuzzo (Model and dietician)|
|Children||Sons – Thiago Messi (born on 2nd November 2012)
Mateo (born 2015)
Ciro (born 2018)
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Footballer||Pablo Aimar|
|Favourite Food||Salad, Escalope Milanese|
|Favourite Book||El Martin Fierro by Jorge Luis Borges|
|Favourite Film||Baby’s Day Out|
Some Interesting Facts About Lionel Messi
- At the age of 4, he joined a local club Grandoli where his father developed his interest in football.
- The death of his grandmother was a big loss for him, so to give her a tribute; he celebrates his goals by looking and pointing at the sky.
- At the age of 10, he was diagnosed with a growth hormone deficiency.
- He married his longtime girlfriend Antonella Roccuzzo.
- He runs his own charitable organization “Leo Messi Foundation”.
- Due to his involvement in charitable activities, in March 2010 he was appointed as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.
- Messi is fortunate to have a passport for both Spain and Argentina.
- #10 is his jersey number for both FC Barcelona and Argentina.
- Salvador Aparicio, Frank Rjikaard and Pep Guardiola are his coach and mentor.
- The turning point for his career was in 2007, where he scored a hat-trick vs Real Madrid and ended the match with a draw while playing for Barcelona.
- His hobbies are playing video games and listening to music.
- He was investigated for his suspected tax evasion in 2013.
- His involvement was found in the Panama Papers Data Leak in 2016.
- Spanish Media named him La Pulga (“The Atomic Flea”) due to his ability to change directions more quickly
- He was married on 30th June 2017.
- A documentary “Messi” was made about his life, which was premiered at the Venice Film Festival in August 2014.
- Throughout his career, he has been compared to Diego Maradona.
- The Barcelona Coach Carles Rexach was impressed with Messi and decided to sign a contract with him.
- His net worth is estimated to be $400 million approximately.
- His ethnicity is Hispanic.