Biography / Wiki
Pursuing a career and earning fame through social media platforms isn’t a piece of cake. But Lilly Singh’s hard work and splendid content on YouTube has made her the highest-paid YouTube star. She was born on 26th September 1988 in Canada.
Her parents, Sukhwinder Singh and Malwinder Singh are Indian and raised Lilly Singh with all the Sikh traditions. She is popular with her YouTube username “Superwoman”. Lilly admitted that in childhood she was a tomboy. She used to visit India frequently and later developed a strong connection with Punjabi songs and artists too.
Height / Weight / Age
Lilly Singh is 165cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’5”. Approximately, 60 kg in Kilograms or 132 lbs in Pounds is her weight. The measurement of her body is 32-28-34 cm. She turned 34 years old.
Her eye color is brown and her hair color is black. Though she was a tomboy in her childhood lately she developed her look and style to become an icon on social media. Apart from her looks, her voice helped her in becoming a rapper, motivational speaker, and vocal artist.
Education / Family
Lilly went to Mary Shadd Public School, Scarborough, Canada for her schooling. She attended Lester B. Pearson Collegiate Institute in Toronto, for her graduation. In 2010, she joined York University Toronto, to qualify for a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology.
Her parents, Sukhwinder Singh and Malwinder Singh belonged to Hoshiarpur, Punjab. She has one elder sister Tina Singh who is married and also makes YouTube videos. When she was studying, she lived with her parents in Markham, Canada. After completing her graduation, in 2015 she moved to Los Angeles for a further career.
Lilly Saini Singh
|Birth Place||Scarborough, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Date Of Birth||26 September 1988|
|Height||In centimeters – 165 cm
In feet inches – 5’5”
|Weight||In kilograms – 60 kg
In pounds – 132 lbs
|Profession||YouTuber, Comedian, Actress, Rapper, Vlogger|
|School||Mary Shadd Public School, Scarborough, Canada|
|College||Lester B. Pearson Collegiate Institute, Scarborough, Canada
York University, Toronto, Canada
|Home Town||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Debut||YouTube Debut – Spoken Words Poem
Film (Bollywood) – Speedy Singh (as Bhangra dancer in 2011)
Film (Hollywood) – Ice Age: Collision Course (vocal role in 2016)
|Fathers Name||Sukhwinder Singh|
|Mothers Name||Malwinder Singh
|Sisters Name||Elder sister Tina Singh
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts in Psychology|
Career / Fashion and Style
She started her YouTube channel in October 2010, with the username “Superwoman”. In her videos, she mostly portrayed Punjabi culture and her lifestyle. She was dealing with depression and anxiety, to come out from this bad phase; she decided to start with her YouTube channel.
She started her career in music with Jassi Sidhu in his Punjabi song “Hipshaker”. Lately, in 2014, she did rapping in the song “Mauj ki malharein” from the movie “Gulab Gang”. She also got an opportunity to appear in the famous song of Maroon5 “Girl like you”. Later on, she has done small roles in movies such as Speedy Singh, Thank You, Bad Moms and many more.
She was announced as a “UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador” in 2017. She led a campaign “GirlLove” to end girl-to-girl hate.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Chicken curry, Chipotle, Macroni, Cheese, Popcorn, Skittles|
|Favourite YouTubers||Dwayne Johnson, Grace Helbig, Jenna Marbles, Miranda Sings, Hannah Hart, Ryan Higa|
|Favourite Alcoholic Beverages||Smrinoff ice, Cosmo|
Some Interesting Facts About Lilly Singh (Superwomen)
- Though born in Canada, her parents belonged to Punjab, India.
- She is popular with her YouTube username “Superwoman”.
- Her S-shaped ring from childhood is the story behind her username “Superwoman”.
- In October 2010, she started her YouTube channel and to date gained over 10 million subscribers.
- Her elder sister also has a YouTube channel “Neurotic Mom Diaries”.
- In 2016, she was ranked 8th on the list of Forbes for the world’s highest-paid YouTube stars.
- Her name was listed on the list of “Most Creative People in Business”.
- In the Bollywood film “Gulaab Gang”, she did rapping in the song “Mauj ki Malharein”.
- Her YouTube channel ranked 39 on the list of “New Media Rockstars Top 100 Channels”.
- She launched an app “Unicorn Island” to engage with her fans to meet and greets.
- In collaboration with Smashbox Cosmetics, she introduced lipstick named BAWSE.
- In a Punjabi song, “Hipshaker” Lilly was featured with Jassi Sidhu.
- She was a part of many Bollywood and Hollywood movies.
- She has also done many vocal roles in the movies.
- She collaborated with MetoWe to promote their product “Girl Love Rafiki Bracelet”. This activity was done to raise funds for the education of Kenya girls.
- She was dealing with depression and hence come out of this bad phase she decided to make YouTube videos.
- She does consume alcohol.
- Her estimated net worth is approximately $10.5 million.
- She also collaborated with other celebrities such as Selena Gomez, Nargis Fakhri, James Franco, Amber Rose, Madhuri Dixit, etc. for the content for her video.