Biography / Wiki
There are only a few people who can actually achieve their desires at a very young age. Laurie Hernandez is few among those who have seen their dreams coming true. She is an American gymnast who was born on June 9, 2000, in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Not everybody can reach to Olympics at the age of 16. But Laurie has inspired every young blood who wants to achieve something big in their life. To date, she has earned medals and awards which are more than her age.
Height / Weight / Age
Laurie Hernandez is 153 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’1/2”. Approximately, 52 kg in Kilograms or 115 lbs in Pounds is her weight. In June, she turned 22 years old. She has a gorgeous hazel brown eye color.
Her hair color is black. Her body measurement is 30-24-34. Her desire to become a gymnastic athlete has helped her in maintaining her diet and physique since childhood.
As of 2019, Laurie Hernandez has an estimated net worth of $2 million.
Education / Family
Among the three children of Anthony and Wanda Hernandez, Laurie is the youngest one. She has an elder brother Marcus and an elder sister Jelysa. Her mother worked in the Army reserves and currently works as a social worker and her father works as a court officer in New Jersey.
At the age of 6, she was enrolled for gymnastics classes where Maggie Haney became her coach and manager. After training, she participated in many competitions and has won medals in every event. She has joined the University of Florida in 2018 and continued her gymnastics.
|Real Name||Lauren Hernandez|
|Nickname||Lolo, Baby Shakira, Human emoji|
|Birth Place||New Brunswick, New Jersey|
|Date Of Birth||June 9, 2000|
|Height||In centimeters – 153 cm
In feet inches – 5’1/2”
|Weight||In kilograms – 52 kg
In pounds – 115 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel Brown|
|Profession||Women artistic gymnastics|
|College||University of Florida|
|Home Town||Old Bridge Township, New Jersey|
|Debut||2016, the City of Jesolo Trophy in Jesolo, Italy|
|Fathers Name||Anthony Hernadez|
|Mothers Name||Wanda Hernandez
|Brother||Marcus (Varsity track runner)
|Sister||Jelysa (Black belt in Karate)|
Career / Fashion And Style
She made her debut as a senior gymnast in 2016 and earned the bronze medal in the all-around the City of Jesolo Trophy in Italy. She competed in California to qualify for the team of Olympics.
After qualifying, she joined Gabby Douglas, Aly Raisman, Simone Biles and Madison Kocian at Rio de Janerio Olympic Games. She became the youngest member of the U.S women’s gymnastics team, at the age of 16.
At the 2013 U.S. Classic competition in Chicago, she earned her first gold medal. Along with Valentin Chmerkovskiy, she has won the 23rd season of Dancing with the stars.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Book||The Maze Runner|
|Favourite Music||EDM and Rap for training|
|Favourite Songs||Pentatonix’s – “Can’t Sleep Love”
Martin Garrix’s – “Don’t Look Down”
Tiesto’s – “Chemicals”
Diplo’s- “Be Right There”
|Favourite Destinations||Italy, Japan, Mexico|
Some Interesting Facts About Laurie Hernandez
- She secured the first position in National Championships at St. Louis.
- At the City of Jesolo Trophy in Italy, she competed against top-tier gymnasts like Ragan Smith, Gabby Douglas, and Aly Raisman.
- She was placed on the 2016 US Olympic Team because she finished second in all-around Olympic trials.
- To continue being an NCAA athlete, she joined the University of Florida in 2018.
- She became the first American-born Latina, who participated in Olympics since 1984.
- After watching a gymnastic performance on TV, she was inspired to do gymnastics.
- At the age of 5, she started doing gymnastics.
- If not a gymnast, she would have become an actress.
- She used to 5-6 hours of training every day, for 6 six days a week.
- Since childhood, she had to follow a strict diet that only included healthy meals.
- Wherever she goes for traveling, she collects key chains and tickets from that particular place.
- As she has a bubbly attitude, her friends call her “Human emoji”.
- Her hobbies are writing poetry, reading, and doing her nails.
- Her ethnicity is Puerto Rican-American.
- Her coach is Maggie Haney.
- Her assistant coach is Victoria Levine.
- She belonged to the club “Monmouth Gymnastics Academy”.
- In the Olympics, she performed on the uneven bars, vault, balance beam, floor exercise, team all-around, and individual all-around.
- Jessica O’Beirne nicknamed her “Baby Shakira” because she felt whenever she saw Laurie doing gymnastics, she felt like Shakira is moving and jumping all around.