Biography / Wiki
Laila Ali has successfully carried forward his father’s profession and has earned respect for herself and her father. She was born on 30 December 1977 in Miami Beach, Florida. Apart from holding the supertitles, she has encouraged many women to join boxing and break all the stereotypes. Initially, her father was against Laila, joining boxing but after seeing her performance and success, he changed his mind and accepted her decision. She has won many matches and titles in a row. After taking retirement from boxing, she is working as a health and fitness expert.
Height / Weight / Age
Laila Ali is 178 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’10”. Approximately, 72 kg in Kilograms or 159 lbs in Pounds is her weight. In December 2019, she turned 42 years old. She has a gorgeous black eye color. Her hair color is also black. Her body measurement is 35-28-37. Being a boxer, she has maintained her body through a balanced diet and exercise.
As of 2019, Laila Ali has an estimated net worth of $10 million.
Education / Family
Laila is the daughter of Muhammad Ali’s third wife Veronica Porche Ali. Among the nine children of Muhammad Ali, she is the eighth one. She holds a business degree from Santa Monica College in California. Since childhood, she is a rebellious child. Before boxing, she worked as a manicurist and owned a nail salon. In 2000, she married Johnny “Yahya” McClain, who was her manager but the marriage ended with the divorce in 2005.
|Real Name||Laila Amaria Ali|
|Nickname||She Bee Stingin’|
|Birth Place||Miami Beach, Florida|
|Date Of Birth||30 December 1977|
|Age||42 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 178 cm
In feet inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In kilograms – 72 kg
In pounds – 159 lbs
|Profession||Former professional boxer|
|College||Santa Monica College, California|
|Home Town||Louisville, Kentucky|
|Debut||October 8th, 1999 against Fowler in New York|
|Fathers Name||Late Muhammad Ali
|Mothers Name||Veronica Porche Ali
|Brothers||Asaad Amin and Muhammad Ali Jr. (Step)|
|Sister||Hama Ali, Rasheda Ali (Step), Maryum Ali (step), Jamillah Ali (step), Khaliah Ali (step), Miya Ali (step)|
Career / Fashion And Style
She actively participated in the boxing ring from 1998 to 2007. In 1999, she made her debut by fighting against April Fowler. She wanted to fight against Jackie Frazier-Lyde and dream came true in 2001.
Laila faced Jackie and the match became the first-ever main-event pay-per-view match. Laila won all 8 rounds against Frazier. In 2003, she fought against her boxing inspiration, Christy Martin.
Surprisingly, Laila knocked Christy in 4 rounds. She took retirement from boxing in 2007 and played her last match against O’Neil. In her boxing career, she has fought 24 matches and has won all the 24 matches.
She has earned the super-middleweight titles in women’s categories across WIBA, WBC, IWBF, and IBA championships. Currently, she appears on TV either as a host or as a participant.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Later, she got married to retired NFL player Curtis Conway in 2007. The couple is blessed with a son Curtis Muhammad Conway Jr., and a daughter Sydney Jurldine Conway. The family lives in Los Angeles happily.
Curtis Conway, American Footballer
|Husband||Johnny McClain (2000-2005)
Curtis Conway (2007-present)
|Children||Son – Curtis Muhammad Conway Jr.
Daughter – Sydney J. Conway
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Boxer||Christy Martin|
|Favourite Food||Greek Yoghurt, Kale chips, Chicken tenders, beetroot|
Some Interesting Facts About Laila Ali
- At the age of 16, she worked as a manicurist.
- She owned her own nail salon, before beginning her boxing career.
- At the age of 18, she began boxing having inspired by Christy Martin.
- In an American morning TV show ‘Good Morning America’, she announced to become a professional boxer.
- Muhammad Ali, her father was against the decision of Laila becoming a professional boxer.
- In her debut match, she knocked April Fowler in 31 seconds.
- Only 3 seconds were left on the clock when she won her 2nd
- After winning 8 fights in a row, she fought against Jackie Frazier and won the match in 8 rounds.
- On 23rd August 2003, she fought with Christy Martin and knocked her out in 4 rounds.
- She became the second woman to win the WBC title, after Jackie Nava.
- She is fond of cooking and has participated in many cookery shows.
- She wrote the book ‘Reach! Finding Strength, Spirit, and Personal Power’ along with David Ritz in 2002.
- She was starred in a music video ‘Deny’ of a Canadian rock band in 2002.
- She participated in an American dance television show ‘Dancing with the stars’ with Maksim Chmerkovskiy in 2007.
- She defeated O’Neil in her last professional boxing match on 2nd February 2007.
- Her ethnicity is Black American.
- Her religion is Islam, but she doesn’t follow the Islamic faith.
- Her hobbies are cooking, gymming, writing, and nail art.