Biography / Wiki
From San Antonio Spurs to Toronto Raptors, Kawhi Leonard’s excellent performance continues to surprise his fans. He is an American professional basketball player currently associated with ‘Toronto Raptors’. He was born on June 29, 1991, in Los Angeles. He is considered one of the most valuable players of the NBA who started playing basketball since school days.
In 2011 NBA Draft he was selected as the 15th overall pick by the Indiana Pacers. He was won the title of ‘NBA Finals Most Valuable Player’ and ‘NBA Defensive Player of the Year’. For the initial years of his professional career, he was selected for the ‘NBA All-Rookie First Team’.
Height / Weight / Age
Kawhi Leonard has a towering height of 201 cm and in feet inches; his height is 6’7”. His weight is 104 kg in Kilograms or 230 lbs in Pounds. In June, he turned 31 years old. His eye color and his hair color are black.
His body measurement is as follows 46 inches chest, 33 inches waist, and 16 inches biceps. Along with towering height, he has an athletic body build-up.
His net worth is estimated to be $25 million approximately and his salary is $17.64 million.
Education / Family
Kawhi’s father was Mark Leonard and his mother’s name is Kim Robertson. In 2008, his father was killed by unknown assailants when he was working at his car wash center. He attended ‘Canyon Springs High School’ where he played basketball and football and has won the title of ‘California Mr. Basketball’. He scored 22.6 points and 13.1 rebounds to win this title. He was enrolled in San Diego State University where he started his amateur career and joined their basketball team ‘Aztecs’.
|Real Name||Kawhi Anthony Leonard|
|Nickname||Kawhi, Mr. Basketball California|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California|
|Date Of Birth||June 29, 1991|
|Height||In centimeters – 201 cm
In feet inches – 6’7”
|Weight||In kilograms – 104 kg
In pounds – 230 lbs
|School||Canyon Springs High School
Martin Luther King High School, Riverside, California
|College||San Diego State University|
|Home Town||Los Angeles|
|Debut||NBA – 2011|
|Fathers Name||Mark Leonard
|Mothers Name||Kim Leonard
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2011 NBA Draft, he was selected by the ‘Indiana Pacers’ but was traded to San Antonio Spurs. He was picked to participate in the ‘2012 Rising Stars Challenge’ where he was named to ‘2012 NBA All-Rookie First Team’.
In ‘BBVA Rising Stars Challenge’ he led Spurs to ‘NBA Finals’ to play against ‘Miami Heat’. In 2014, he became the third-youngest player to win the title of ‘NBA Finals Most Valuable Player’.
In 2015, he scored 32 points to win against Los Angeles Clippers and became the NBA Defensive Player of the year. He set a new record of 33 points in 2016, to win over Toronto Raptors. In July 2018, he was traded to Toronto Raptors and to win over Cleveland Cavaliers he scored 24 points and 12 rebounds.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He is dating Kishele Shipley and in July 2016 the couple was blessed with a son.
|Girlfriends||Kishele Shipley (2014)
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Food||Grilled Chicken and Fish|
Some Interesting Facts About Kawhi Leonard
- During college, he played football instead of basketball as he could not make it to the basketball tryouts because he had no vehicles to reach grounds.
- Kawhi is not extravagant. He used the same car during his first professional year which he used in college.
- He is the cousin of Stevie Johnson who is an American football wide receiver.
- His father owned a Compton car wash where he was shot and killed on January 18, 2008.
- At San Diego State, he was selected for the MWC freshman of the year, first-team All-MWC and earned the title of 2010 MWC Tournament Most Valuable Player.
- When he was in college he got selected to the Second Team All-America.
- He signed a multi-year contract with San Antonio Spurs on December 10, 2011.
- As a member of Chuck, he was selected to participate in the BBVA Rising Stars Challenge.
- Kawhi is not active on social media.
- He does smoke and consumes alcohol.
- His hobbies are listening to music and watching movies.
- His jersey number is 2.
- His ethnicity is Afro-American.
- Since 1979, he became the first player to record 65 points and 10 steals in the first two games of the 2016-17 season.
- At the court, he holds the position of small forward.
- In the 2013-14 season, for the first time, he was named to the NBA All-Defensive Second Team.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – Not Known
- Twitter – @kawhileonard
- Facebook – Not Known