Biography / Wiki
Despite born in a conservative and poor family, it was very easy going for Katy Perry. She has always been in controversies because of her costumes and music. In childhood, she wasn’t allowed to listen to any rock or pop, but still, she developed the taste and style of music. Even after so many restrictions, she always stood by her desire and dreams. At the beginning of her career, many obstacles came forward but she didn’t give up and the result is here, the most popular and famous singer.
Height / Weight / Age
Katy Perry is 173 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’8”. Approximately, 61 kg in Kilograms or 134.5 lbs in Pounds is her weight. The measurement of her body is 36-25-35 cm. In October 2019, she turned 35 years old. Her eye color is blue and her hair color is blonde. She is popular and sometimes also trolled for her colorful outfits and wigs. She has powerful contralto vocal ranges.
As of 2019, Katy Perry has an estimated net worth of $330 million.
Education / Family
Her father is Mary Christine Perry and her mother is Maurice Keith Hudson. She has an elder sister Angela and younger brother David. Her ethnicity is English, Irish, German and Portuguese. For elementary education, she attended Santa Barbara Christian School. Katy was born in a conservative family; she was only allowed to listen to Christian folk music. Thus she decided to pursue a career in gospel music.
|Real Name||Katheryn Elizabeth Hudson|
|Nickname||Katy Huson, Katy Brand, KatyCat, The Queen of Cool, Chuckie, Pickle, Pussycat, K-Pez, KP|
|Birth Place||Santa Barbara, California, United States|
|Date Of Birth||25 October 1984|
|Age||35 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 173 cm
In feet inches – 5’8”
|Weight||In kilograms – 61 kg
In pounds – 134.5 lbs
|Profession||Singer, Songwriter, Actress, Philanthropist, Businesswoman|
|School||Paradise Valley Christian School, Arizona
Santa Barbara Christian School, California
Dos Pueblos High School
|Religion||Not exactly religious but prays all the time|
|Home Town||Santa Barbara|
|Debut||Album – Katy Hudson (2001)
TV – The Young and the Restless (2008)
|Fathers Name||Mary Christine (nee Perry)
|Mothers Name||Maurice Keith Hudson|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2001, she launched her first music album “Katy Hudson” under the music record label ‘Red Hill Records’. Unfortunately, the first failed to collect the success of her. Later, she decided to shift her music style from gospel to other forms.
In 2007, she signed a contract with the ‘Capitol Records’ company and released a music video ‘Ur So Gay’. In 2008, Madonna helped in publicizing the song on the “JohnJay & Rich” radio show. Her songs “I Kissed A Girl” and “Hot n Cold” received a huge count of listeners and fans of Katy Perry.
In 2010, her song “Teenage dreams” and “Firework” appeared on “Billboard Hot 100 List”. In 2013, she joined UNICEF to provide children with education and nutrition in Madagascar.
She also appeared in the shows like “How I Met Your Mother”, MTV Unplugged, Zoolander 2, etc. She has won five American Music Awards, 14 People’s Choice Awards, and 4 Guinness World Records.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In October 2010, she got married to Russell Brand in India. But their marriage ended in two years, due to some personal issues. Currently, she is dating Orlando since 2016.
|Boyfriends||Justin York (2002-2003)
Mathew Thiessen (2003-2006)
Johnny Lewis (2005-2006)
Travie McCoy (2007-2009)
Josh Gorban (2009)
Russel Brand (2009-2011)
Baptiste Giabiconi (2012)
John Mayer (2012-2014)
Orlando Bloom (2016-present)
|Marital Status||Divorced and unmarried currently|
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Book||The Help by Kathryn Stockett|
|Favourite Bands||Beach Boys, Ting Tings, Gwen Stefani, Rufus, Joni Mitchell, Paul Simon, Heart, Wainwright, Imogen Heap|
|Favourite Movie||Lolita (1997)|
|Favourite TV Program||Ancient Aliens (2009)|
|Favourite Colour||Pink, Aqua, Blue|
Some Interesting Facts About Katy Perry
- As a child, once she had 13 cavities.
- She does smoke and consumes alcohol.
- In her teenage years, she pursued Gospel music.
- Instead of adopting her real name, she adopted “Katy Perry” as her stage name. She thought Katy Hudson sounds similar to the actress Kate Hudson.
- She belonged to a poor family. Sometimes, for the food, they had to depend on the Church.
- At the age of 15, she left school after getting her General Education Development.
- Her mother’s maiden name is “Perry”.
- She has a pet cat named Kitty Purry who has its own blog.
- She knows how to play acoustic guitar and electric guitar.
- For the artists like Selena Gomez, Kelly Clarkson, and Jessie Jams Decker, she has written the song.
- She declined the offer of $20,000,000, to join American Idol Season 12, as a judge.
- She had lunch with First lady Michelle Obama, on her 28th birthday.
- Maxim’s Magazine ranked her #1 for “Hot 100 Women” of the 2010 list.
- She married her ex-husband, Russell Brand in India.
- In 2012, she was voted #16 on Ask men’s top 99 ‘most desirable’ celebrity women.
- Her hobbies are playing golf and collecting antiques.
- She owns a house “Hollywood Hills” worth $6.5 million.
- Her car collection includes Maserati, Audi A5, Fisker, Karma, Range Rover, Pink Smart Car.