Biography / Wiki
Gymnastic is one of the less glamorized sports in the sporting world but some athletes have found their way through it as well and one of them is Katelyn Ohashi. Former Junior Olympic athlete and blogger is best known for her performances as an artistic gymnast.
This American gymnast was coached by Valeri Liukin and trained in Plano, Texas as an “elite” at the World Olympic Gymnastics Academy (WOGA). To have defeated one of America’s top gymnasts, Simone Biles in a major competition, Katelyn is one of the few who have done it.
Katelyn actively shares her views on her blog and she is extremely vocal about the hazards of body shaming.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 12th of April 1997, Katelyn Ohashi is currently 25 years old. She appears tall and healthy and has an athletic body figure type. Her body figure measurements are 34-24-35 and she wears no. 5 in the shoe size.
The height of Katelyn Ohashi is 5′ 1″ and her weight is 48 Kg approximately. She has a beautiful smile and Brown colored curly hair and the color of her eyes is brown as well.
As it is evident that sports personnel in America earn a lot of wealth, although gymnastics is not much of celebrated sports. Katelyn became famous after her gymnastic videos went viral on YouTube. Even though she is a celebrity in the US, she has chosen not to disclose her wealth as of now.
Education / Family
Katelyn Ohashi was born in Seattle, Washington, United States and grew up there. She is the daughter of Richard Ohashi, her Asian–American father and her mother Diana Ohashi, who was a former high school gymnast.
She grew up with three brothers Ryan, Kyle, and Kalen Ohashi. She studied at the Plano Senior High School and after graduating from there, she went to The University of California.
Katelyn Michelle Ohashi
|Birth Place||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Date Of Birth||April 12, 1997|
|Height||In centimeters – 151 cm
In feet and inches – 5′ 1″
|Weight||In kilograms – 48 Kg
In pounds – 105 lbs
|Profession||Artistic Gymnast and Social Media Personality|
|School||Plano Senior High School|
|College||The University of California|
|Home Town||Newcastle, Washington, USA|
|Fathers Name||Richard Ohashi
|Mothers Name||Diana Ohashi
Career / Fashion And Style
Earning the first position in floor exercise 2009 Junior Olympic National Championships was Katelyn’s first national-level gymnast competition. In the junior division for floor she held the fourth position at her first elite meet in the ‘U.S. Classic’ in Des Moines, Iowa.
She won the silver for floor exercise for the National Championships in Dallas. Katelyn was part of the US team that won the City of Jesolo Trophy in the year 2011. Two torn shoulders and a spine surgery kept her from competing until 2015.
For the 2015- 2016 season she began with the UCLA Bruins. In the Pac-12 Gymnastics Championships for the year 2018 she was given the collegiate title for her Michael Jackson themed performance in the floor division.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Here we provide you the list of Katelyn Ohashi’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Robert Pattinson.|
|Favorite Actress||Jennifer Lawrence.|
|Favorite Food||Continental Cuisine.|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Paris.|
|Favorite Things To Do||Gymnastics, Working out in the gym and listening to music.|
Some Interesting Facts About Katelyn Ohashi
- An annual feature of ESPN that depicts several athletes in bold photographs known as ‘The Magazine’ featured Katelyn Ohashi in the 2019 edition of The Body Issue.
- Katelyn has won Silver medals in both the bars and the beam events and in the all-around and the floor and vault events she won the junior division Gold medals at the 2010 Bumbo Cup held in Pretoria.
- Causing smooth discolored plaques over her entire body a skin condition called granuloma annulare is what Katelyn Ohashi suffers from.
- Katelyn Ohashi relocated to Plano, Texas, where she completed her high school graduation before which she moved to Kansas City, Missouri with her mother and her brother Kalen in the year 2006.
- In the floor exercise event at the 2009 Junior Olympic National Championships she had stood at the first position and tied 2nd in the uneven bars event.
- Her struggles with body image caused by her abnormalities and weight have been a major concern for her and she has often spoken about it.
- Katelyn Ohashi’s ordeals in dealing with body shaming insults are often seen in her interviews and she has even received mental health counseling to deal with the issue.