Biography / Wiki
Joseph Morgan has earned fame for portraying the character of Klaus Mikaelson in the TV series ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and its spin-off ‘The Originals’. He was born on May 16, 1981, in London. He started his acting career by getting featured for minor roles in TV series like “Spooks” and “Hex”.
Later, he landed major roles in series like “Doc Martin” and “Casualty”. He also worked on big screens and played a supporting role. He has written and produced a short film “With these hands”.
Height / Weight / Age
Joseph Morgan is 180 cm tall and in feet inches, his height is 5’11”. He weighs 77 kg in Kilograms or 170 lbs in Pounds. He has blue color eyes and ginger brown color hair. His body measurements are as follows: 41 inches chest, 28 inches waist, and 14 inches biceps.
He turned 41 years old in May. He has an attractive face due to his cute dimples. His villain role could be forgotten because of his dimpled smile. He is fond of getting inked.
Education / Family
Though he was born in London, he lived in Swansea for 11 years. His father Nick Martin was a painter and his mother’s name is Sarah Martin. He is the eldest child and has one younger sister Crystal and one younger brother Jack.
For his early education, he was enrolled in “Morrison Comprehensive School”. From Gower College Swansea, he studied a BTEC Performing Arts course. To enhance his skill in acting he attended the Central School of Speech and Drama in London.
|Real Name||Joseph Martin|
|Birth Place||London, UK|
|Date Of Birth||16th May 1981|
|Height||In centimeters – 180 cm
In feet inches – 5’11”
|Weight||In kilograms – 77 kg
In pounds – 170 lbs
|Hair Color||Ginger brown|
|School||Morriston Comprehensive School, Swansea, UK|
|College||Gower College, Swansea, UK
Central School of Speech and Drama, London
|Home Town||London, UK|
|Debut||TV Debut – Spooks (2002)
Film Debut – Eroica (2003)
|Fathers Name||Nick Martin (Painter)|
Career / Fashion And Style
He made his acting debut from minor roles in TV series. He made his film debut in 2003 through BBC TV film “Eroica”. While looking for any breakthrough role he entered a big screen by starring in ‘Master and commander: the far side of the world’.
In 2004, he was featured in an epic historical drama flick “Alexander” which was based on the movie “Alexander the great”. He played minor and supporting roles in many TV series and films. He landed up with his breakthrough role in 2011 in the American supernatural TV series “The Vampire Diaries”.
The role of Klaus helped him to earn fame and name worldwide. During his career, he has mostly done roles of thriller villains. In 2014, he appeared in the Scottish drama film “500 miles North” directed by ‘Luke Massey’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 2011, he started dating his co-actress Persia White. The couple got married on July 5, 2014, in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. Though it’s the second marriage of Joseph, he has a stepdaughter Mecca White from Persia.
|Girlfriends||Emily VanCamp (Actress)
Claire Holt (Actress)
Persia White (Actress)
|Children||Mecca White (Step-daughter)|
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Films||Fight Club, Dead Snow, Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days, Interview with the vampire|
Some Interesting Facts About Joseph Morgan
- He supports the organization for women, named “Positive Woman”.
- Before starting an acting career, he was a part of a band.
- He is scared of spiders.
- He married his co-star of Vampire Dairies, Persia White who played the character of “Abby Bennett Wilson”.
- Joseph Martin is his real name. He never mentioned the reason behind changing his name.
- For the shows and films, he speaks in an English accent. He knows how to speak in Australian and Irish accents as well.
- He auditioned for young Voldemort for the Harry Potter series, but he failed to get it.
- He is a fan of author Stephen King.
- His hobbies are painting and reading.
- His salary is $35,000 approximately per episode.
- He loves reading comic books.
- He is the second husband of his wife Persia. He has a stepdaughter, Mecca White.
- On his birthday he gets involved in charitable activities by encouraging his fans for donating for the social causes.
- He has mostly portrayed thriller roles in movies or TV shows.
- His ethnicity is white.
- His popular role is Niklaus Mikaelson of The Vampire Diaries.
- He is fond of getting inked.
- He has won the TV Guide Award for the category “Choice TV Villain” for the TV show “The Vampire Diaries”.