Biography / Wiki
A legendary musician and songwriter John Lennon were one of the co-founders of the rock band ‘The Beatles’. He achieved great fame not only in his native country but throughout the world. John was born John Winston Lennon on October 9, 1940, in Liverpool, England. ‘The Beatles’ was considered to be the most influential and successful band of the rock era.
He was a rebellious personality who was actively involved in political and peace activism. Since childhood, it was his dream to become a famous singer which he achieved but his music journey was left incomplete when he was shot to death by a deranged man.
Height / Weight / Age
John Lennon was 175 cm and in feet inches, his height is 5’9 tall. His weight was 63 kg in Kilograms or 139 lbs in Pounds. He died at the age of 40 years on December 8, 1980. His eye color and hair color was brown.
John’s net worth was estimated to be $800 million. He owned three houses i.e. Tittenhurst Park, Kenwood, and Surrey House. His car collection included Psychedelic Rolls Royce, Rolls Royce, and Ferrari.
Education / Family
John Lennon was the only son of Alfred Lennon and Julia Stanley. His father mostly stayed away from home because of his job. When John was five, his parents had bitter separation and hence he was raised by his Aunt Mimi and Uncle George. He attended Dovedale Primary School and Quarry Bank High School for elementary education.
He developed his interest in music which was encouraged by his mother. In 1958, his mother died in a car accident due to which John developed a fear of abandonment. He was enrolled in Liverpool College of Arts but due to his indiscipline attitude, he was thrown out of college.
|Real Name||John Winston Lennon|
|Nickname||Kenny, Dr. Winston, O’Boogie, John O Lennon, Mel Torment|
|Birth Place||Liverpool, England|
|Date Of Birth||October 9, 1940|
|Age||40 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 63 kg
In pounds – 139 lbs
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, composer, activist|
|School||Dovedale Primary School
Quarry Bank High School
|College||Liverpool College of Art|
|Home Town||Liverpool, England|
|Debut||Album – Please Please Me (1963)
Film – A Hard Day’s Night (1964)
TV – Not Only….But Also (1965-1966)
|Fathers Name||Alfred Lennon
|Mothers Name||Julia Stanley
Career / Fashion And Style
Along with Paul McCartney, John hired aspiring musicians George Harrison, Stuart Sutcliffe, and Paul Best and formed a band ‘The Beatles’. By 1960, the band became famous in Britain and released singles like ‘Please Please Me’, ‘She Loves You’, and ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand’.
The band earned massive popularity and their fame was spread to the United States. They also tried themselves in acting and were starred in the movie ‘A Hard Day’s Night’.
In 1969, John left the band and released his debut solo album ‘John Lennon’. In 1970, the band won the Academy Award for Best Music for the documentary film ‘Let it Be’. In 2014, they were honored with the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1962, he married Cynthia Powell and had a son but the couple separated in 1968. In 1969, he again married a multimedia artist and singer Yoko Ono who played a vital role in shaping his career. On December 8, 1980, he was assassinated by Mark David Chapman.
|Wife||Cynthia Powell (1962-1968)
Yoko Ono (1960-his death)
|Children||Julian Lennon (musician)
Sean Lennon (singer)
The list of John’s favourite things.
Some Interesting Facts About John Lennon
- Since childhood, John was crazy about Skiffle music.
- The famous band ‘The Beatles’ was founded by him which was known as ‘The Quarryman’ when he was a teenager. The first song of the Beatles ‘That will be the day’ was from the Quarryman.
- He used to sleep in a coffin which was placed in a cafe.
- He didn’t pursue a career as an actor because he believed that it is more binding on a person.
- He took off two strings from his guitar to make it a sort of banjo.
- His dead body was not buried, it was cremated.
- Due to his rebellious attitude, he was asked the US in 60 days.
- His hobbies were playing monopoly, music, and getting high and talking.
- His ethnicity was Irish and British.
- For the school magazine ‘The daily howl’, he used to draw comic cartoons which were published in the magazine.
- He was raised by his maternal aunt and uncle.
- His dentist slipped LSD into his coffee and had LSD for the first time.
- The Beatles producer revealed that he was ‘a completely impractical man’.
- He sang songs in German, French, and Mexican accents.
- His first marriage broke because he consumed a lot of LSD.
- He sold his psychedelic car at $2.3 million.
- At Cavern Club, Liverpool his statue was erected.
- BBC announced his song ‘Imagine’ as his best piece of art.
- He knew how to play mouth-organ, different kinds of guitars and piano as well.
- He accepted that he did domestic violence on Cynthia.