Biography / Wiki
An American actress, Jennifer Connelly is famous for her hard work which she started out very young in the industry and made it very big. She possesses beauty since childhood and hence started child modeling at the age of 10 when her father’s friend suggested her parents to use her good looks for print and television commercials.
She was born as Jennifer Lynn Connelly on December 12, 1970. She received a major breakthrough from the movie ‘Requiem for a Dream’ which led her to lead roles in movies like ‘A Beautiful Mind’, ‘Blood Diamond’, etc. For her brilliant performance, she is honored with prestigious awards like Academy Award, Golden Globe and BAFTA.
Height / Weight / Age
Jennifer Connelly weighs 61 kg and 134 lbs in pounds. She stands with a height of 169 cm or in feet inches 5’6”. She looks beautiful in black color hair and sparkling green color eyes with thick eyebrows. Her figure measurement is 38-26-37 approximately. She turned 49 years old, in December 2019. She is being adored for her buxom figure and deep sultry voice.
From being a model to actress, she has accumulated the net worth of $20 million approximately.
Education / Family
Jennifer Connelly was born to a clothing manufacturer Gerard Connelly and an antique dealer Ilene Connelly. She was born in Cairo, New York and was raised in Brooklyn Heights. She attended Saint Ann’s school for elementary education. She was enrolled at Yale University for her graduation and later transferred to Stanford University.
|Real name||Jennifer Lynn Connelly|
|Birth Place||Catskill Mountains, New York|
|Date Of Birth||December 12, 1970|
|Age||49 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 169 cm
In feet inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In kilograms – 61 kg
In pounds – 134 lbs
|School||Saint Ann’s School|
|Home Town||New York, USA|
Once upon a time in America
|Fathers Name||Gerard Connelly
|Mothers Name||Eileen Connelly
Career / Fashion And Style
Jennifer started her career as a model with Ford Modeling Agency and appeared on the cover of several magazines. She made her film debut in 1984 in a Hollywood movie, in ‘Once Upon a Time in America’. In 1985, she got her first lead role in the Italian horror movie, ‘Phenomena’ and ‘Seven Minutes in Heaven’.
In the romantic comedy ‘Career Opportunities’, she worked opposite Frank Whaley. She was involved with John Malkovich in the most controversial intimate scene in the movie ‘Mulholland Falls’. The movie ‘A Beautiful Mind’ became the most prominent movie in Connelly’s life because she won an Oscar, Golden Globe and BAFTA for it.
She played the role of Darwin’s wife in the drama biopic ‘Creation’ in 2009, which was based on Charles Darwin’s life. She has been appreciated for her performance in the movies like ‘Blood Diamond’, ‘Little Children’, ‘Reservation Road’, etc.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 2003, she got married to Paul Bettany and the couple has a son named Stellan Bettany and a daughter named Agnes Lark Bettany. She has a son Kai Dugan from her relationship with David Dugan.
|Husband||Paul Bettany (2003-present)
|Children||Son – Kai Dugan, Stellan Bettany
Daughter – Agnes Lark Bettany
Here is the list of Jennifer Connelly’s favourite things.
|Favourite Colours||Cobalt blue, light gray, forest green|
Some Interesting Facts About Jennifer Connelly
- For the role of Gloria Harper in The Hot Spot, Jennifer replaced Uma Thurman.
- In 1986, on her 16th birthday Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home was released.
- In 2001, she received the Best Supporting Actress Oscar statuette for A Beautiful Mind, by Benicio Del Toro.
- She is suffering from ADHD, for which she is taking medicine since childhood.
- In 2002, she became the 120th actress to receive an Academy Award at The 74th Annual Academy Awards.
- Her movie ‘The Day the Earth Stood Still’ was released on her 38th
- The Empire magazine chose her as one of the 100 Sexiest Stars in film history.
- Her son Stellan was named after Swedish actor Stellan Skarsgard.
- Jennifer is the daughter-in-law of Thane Bettany and Anne Kettle.
- Paul’s best friend ‘Charlie Condou’ is the godfather of Stellan.
- She became the face of Revlon cosmetics and Parisian fashion house Balenciaga.
- In 2005, she was appointed as Amnesty International Ambassador for Human Rights Education.
- Her hobbies are hiking, listening to music, and doing exercise.
- The Celebrity Sleuth’s ranked her 14 in “25 Sexiest Women of 1993”.
- She has her first son Kai Dugan with photographer David Dugan.
- She played a character named “Sarah Williams” in Labyrinth and Walking the Dead.
- She shares her birth date with Madchen Amick.
- In the special supplement of FHM, she was ranked 88 in “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2005”.
- Her father belonged to Irish and Norwegian descent whereas her mother belongs to the Ashkenazi Jewish family (from Poland and Russia).
- Though the character of Veronica in Heathers was written by her she turned the role down.
- She was ranked 85 by Askmen in the list of “Most Desirable Woman”.
- After giving birth to Stellan, she returned to work in 5 months to begin filming Dark Water.