Biography / Wiki
American actor is best known for playing Napoleon in the Netflix original series ‘The Get Down,’ Jason Genao is also quite popular for appearing as Ruby Martinez in Netflix’s show ‘On My Block.’ He had a strong desire to be an actor since he was a teenager, and this desire eventually led him to Hollywood.
Genao is now regarded as one of the most in-demand young actors in the industry. The actor grew up in a Dominican-American family in New Jersey and attended William L. Dickinson High School. He went to Hollywood to follow his dream career in acting and he was determined to make it big in the film industry.
Genao finds winning an Academy Award to be a lifetime ambition, having been inspired to become an actor after seeing the 1947 French classic “La Vie en Rose.” Genao is a multitalented and intelligent person who is currently working on a number of projects.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on 18th September 1997, Jason Genao is currently 23 years old. Jason is tall and his height measures 5 feet 7 inches while his weight is 59 kg approximately. Genao has kept himself healthy and has a toned body figure, he wears number 8 in the shoe size.
Jason’s handsome looks are complemented by his brown colored hair and the color of his eyes is brown as well.
After making his acting debut in 2016, Jason Genao soon got a chance to appear in a Netflix original series and later appeared along with Hugh Jackman in the popular movie Logan.
Genao has earned most of his wealth from his career as an actor and has many projects in-line for him. The total net worth estimated for Jason Genao is $400 thousand US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Born in the Dominican Republic, Jason Genao was raised in New Jersey. Jason has kept his personal life private and has not shared any details about his parents or siblings. Genao attended the Dickinson High School but did not opt for any college after that.
|Birth Place||Dominican Republic|
|Date Of Birth||18th of September 1997|
|Height||In Centimetres – 170 cm|
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 7″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 59 Kg|
In Pounds – 130 lbs
|School||Dickinson High School|
|Home Town||Dominican Republic|
|Fathers Name||Name Not Known|
|Mothers Name||Name Not Known|
Career / Fashion And Style
Jason Genao made his first appearance on television in 2016 when he played William Reeves in an episode of the show “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.” He was also chosen to play Napoleon in “The Get Down,” a Netflix Original Series during the same year. In 2017, he starred as Rictor in the critically acclaimed superhero drama film “Logan.”
Genao was cast as Ruby Martinez in Netflix’s series “On My Block” in 2018. This series is extremely successful, and industry insiders rated it No. 1 among 65 Netflix Original series in 2018. Owing to his talented acting and skills, Jason has become one of the rising actors and has received offers for many upcoming projects as well.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife, and More
The popular actor and rising star Jason Genao have not shared in detail about his dating life as well.
Here we provide you the list of Jason Genao’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Colour||Blue, Black|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Not Known|
|Favorite Things To Do||Traveling, Playing video games|
Some Interesting Facts About Jason Genao
- In 2018, he was cast as Isaac in an episode of the comedy-drama TV series ‘God Friended Me,’ titled ‘Heavenly Taco Truck.’
- Tilda Swinton, a British actress, has influenced him.
- Jason Genao also played Rictor in Logan (2017), a superhero sci-fi action thriller film starring Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, and Richard E. Grant.
- His agent recommended him for the role of Cesar Diaz in the Netflix comedy series “On My Block.” However, he was cast in the role of Ruben “Ruby” Martinez, while Diego Tinoco was cast in the role of Cesar Diaz.
- He has a habit of repeating lines while watching movies, and if he thinks the actors playing the parts are doing a good job, he attempts to imitate them.
- People are often disturbed whenever he goes to a movie theatre to see a film as a result of this habit.
- Jason Genao was raised and educated in Jersey City, New Jersey, in Hudson County.
- Jason Genao used to watch a lot of movies as a child, and they acted as an escape for him. That’s when he realized he wanted to pursue a career in acting.