Biography / Wiki
James Mattis served as the head of Central Command and who was later secretary of defense in the cabinet of U.S. President Donald Trump. He was born on September 8, 1950, in Pullman, Washington. He played an important role in the Persian Gulf War, Afghanistan war and the Iraq war. He gained a reputation among his peers for ‘intellectualism’ and eventually advanced to the rank of general. Even after getting his retirement he didn’t stop working, he served in several private sector roles, including as a board member of Theranos.
Height / Weight / Age
James Mattis has a height of is 175 cm and in feet inches, his height is 5’10”. His weight is 75 kg in Kilograms or 165 lbs in Pounds. In September 2019, he turned 69 years old. He has a beautiful hazel green eye color and his hair color is white. His body measurement is as follows 42 inches chest, 32 inches waist and 15 inches biceps.
His net worth is estimated to be $5 million approximately.
Education / Family
He was born to Lucille Mattis and John West Mattis who was a merchant mariner. He has a brother named Tom Mattis. He was raised in a bookish household that didn’t own a television. He attended Columbia High School, Washington for elementary education. From Central Washington University he earned a Bachelor of Arts in history and Master of Arts in International Security Affairs from the National War College of National Defense University.
|Real Name||James Norman Mattis|
|Nickname||Chaos (callsign), warrior monk, mad dog|
|Birth Place||Pullman, Washington, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||September 8, 1950|
|Age||69 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 175 cm
In feet inches – 5’10”
|Weight||In kilograms – 75 kg
In pounds – 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Hazel green|
|School||Columbia High School, Washington|
|College||Central Washington University, Washington|
|Home Town||Pullman, Washington, U.S.|
|Educational qualification||Degree in history|
|Fathers Name||John West Mattis|
|Mothers Name||Lucille Mattis|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1969, James was enlisted in the Marine Corps and attended Central Washington University as part of the Reserve Officers Training Corps program. During his time as a first lieutenant and later as a captain, he received a number of small unit commands.
Being promoted to lieutenant colonel, he deployed to the Persian Gulf as a part of Operation Desert Shield and commanded the 1st Battalion 7th Marine Regiment. During the planning stages of the Afghanistan War, he was selected to lead Task Force 58.
Mattis received his third star in May 2004 and was assigned to the Marine Corps Combat Development Command in Quantico, Virginia. President Donald Trump chose him as a secretary of defense in December 2016.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He didn’t marry and has no children. He dedicated his whole life to his duty and nation.
Here we are providing you the list of his favourite things.
|Favourite Books||One Bullet Away: The making of a marine officer (Nathaniel Fick)|
Some Interesting Facts About James Mattis
- James does consume alcohol.
- During the Persian Gulf War since 1991, while serving as a lieutenant colonel, James has served different posts in the Marine Corps. Mattis was the Commander of U.S. Central Command.
- He was enlisted in the Marine Corps Reserve in 1969 and on January 1, 1972, he has commissioned a second lieutenant through the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps.
- For the War in Afghanistan, Mattis led Task Force 58 in operations in the southern part of the country, becoming the first Marine Corps officer to command a Naval Task Force in combat.
- During the 2003 invasion of Iraq, as a major general, Mattis commanded the 1st Marine Division and subsequently stabilize the operations during the Iraq War.
- He has worked for FWA Consultants, after retirement from the military.
- From 2013 to 2017, he was a board member of the Silicon Valley biotech company called ‘Theranos’.
- In December 2015, Mattis joined the advisory board of ‘Spirit of America’. It is an organization that provides assistance to support the safety and success of American service personnel and the local people who seek to help.
- He is notable for his intellectualism and interest in the study of military history and world history.
- His more memorable quote is: ‘Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet’.
- He likes killing enemies in war, he said ‘It’s fun to shoot some people, I’ll be right up there with you. I like brawling’.
- His hobbies are reading, listening to music, working out, and playing field games.