Biography / Wiki
Jahan Yousaf is associated with Krewella, an American electronic, dance, music band. The band is run by Jahan Yousaf along with her sister Yasmine Yousaf. Jahan Yousaf was born on 27 August 1989 in Houston, Texas. Being a Pakistani girl, she has taken a step forward to show the world that being a girl she can party whenever she wants and wherever she wants.
Apart from partying and singing, she also believes in the fact that giving back to society is necessary if we are living in the society. She has a massive fan following on social media as well.
Height / Weight / Age
Jahan Yousaf is 165 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’5”. Approximately, 50 kg in Kilograms or 110 lbs in Pounds is her weight. In August 2020, she turned 31 years old. Her eye color is brown and her hair color is brown. Her body measurement is 28-26-32 inches. She has a tattoo of “6-8-10”, which symbolizes June 8, 2010. On this day Jahan gave up everything to dedicate all her time to the music.
As of 2019, Jahan Yousaf has an estimated net worth of $25 million.
Education / Family
Jahan was born and grew up in America. Her father Sohail Yousaf is a Pakistani, works as a realtor in California. Her mother Neda is Polish/German/Lithuanian. Because of her parent’s different ethnicity she experienced mixed-up culture at home. She has two sisters Aisha and Yasmine. For her passion for music, Yasmine has helped her a lot in pursuing a career for music. Now both the sisters are capable enough to run the band. She attended Glenbrook North High School, Illinois for elementary education.
|Birth Place||Houston, Texas|
|Date Of Birth||27 August 1989|
|Height||In centimeters – 165 cm
In feet inches – 5’5”
|Weight||In kilograms – 50 kg
In pounds – 110 lbs
|School||Glenbrook North High School, Illinois|
|Home Town||Chicago, Illinois|
|Debut||Song: Killin’ It (2011)|
|Fathers Name||Sohail Yousaf (Realtor in California)|
|Sister||Aisha Yousaf, Yasmine Yousaf
Career / Fashion And Style
Jahan started her career by creating the band along with Yasmine Yousaf and Kris Trindl. All of them belonged to the same school Glenbrook North High School, Illinois. EDM style was their common interest.
In 2010, Monstercat signed the contract with the trio and released their first song “Killin it” from the official label. This label helped them to grab the media’s attention.
They started visiting EDM festivals like Ultra, Electric Daisy and Paradiso Festival. The band was honored with the “Best Breakthrough Artist” dance award in 2012. In 2013, their first album “Get Wet” got released which was included in the Billboard chart. In 2014, the trio had to split because of the drug addiction of Kris.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
Here we are providing you the list of her favourite things.
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Musicians||The Door, ABBA, The Faint, Chromeo, Linkin Park, Justice, The Beatles, and Chicago Metal Alliance|
Some Interesting Facts About Jahan Yousaf
- She does consume alcohol.
- She is the music producer of electronic, dance, music (EDM).
- She is known for performing in the group “Krewella”.
- In 2007, her group was formed which consisted of songwriters and vocalists. The producer was Kris Trindl. At the age of 16, he met Kris at Glenbrook North High School.
- Monstercat signed Jahan in December 2011.
- The first original song “Killin it” was released by the label.
- In 2013, “Alive” became her first song to hit the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
- Kris Trindl left Krewella in September 2014. Since then Krewella is managed by Yousaf sisters only.
- On her body, there are more than 18 tattoos.
- Krewella created a collaboration bracelet in partnership with the EDM apparel brand, to benefit dance for paralysis, raised over $10 million approximately.
- Her father is Pakistani and her mother is Polish/German/Lithuanian.
- Her hobbies are traveling and watching Bollywood movies.
- Kris Trindl accused Yousaf sisters of claiming that he was unfairly thrown out of the group. A lawsuit was filed against the sisters for $5 million.