Biography / Wiki
Actor/director/producer Jackie Chan is a Hong Kong martial artist, and stuntman. He’s known for his screwball physical comedy fighting style and his own stunts. He was born on April 7, 1954, in Hong Kong to Charles and Lee-lee Chan. He started learning martial arts, drama, acrobatics and singing at age 7. He became a big star throughout Asia and went on to have hits in the U.S. as well.
Height / Weight / Age
Jackie Chan is 170 cm tall and in feet of inches, his height is 5’ 7”. His weight is approximately 65 kg or 143 lbs. His eye and hair colors are Brown. He was born on April 7, 1954, so his age is 68 years.
As of 2019, Jackie Chan has an estimated net worth of $350 million.
Education / Family
The 7-year-old Chan was left behind to study at the Chinese Opera Research Institute, a Hong Kong boarding school when his parents shifted to Australia to get new jobs. He did his graduation from Dickson College and Hong Kong Baptist University. His father Charles Chan and his mother Lee Lee Chan Worked for the French Ambassador.
|Real name||Chan Kong-sang
Chén Gǎngshēng (Mandorin)
Can4 Gong2 Sang1 (Cantonese)
|Birth Place||Victoria Peak, British Hong Kong|
|Date Of Birth||7 April 1954|
|Height||in centimeters – 170 cm
in feet inches – 5’ 7”
|Weight||in Kilograms – 65 kg
in Pounds – 143 lbs
|Profession||Stunt Performer, Martial artist, Actor, Director, Stunt Director, Producer, Action Choreographer, Screenwriter, Singer,|
|School||China Drama Academy, a Peking Opera School run by Master Yu Jim-yuen|
Hong Kong Baptist University
|Religion||Does not believe in any religion but does believe in God|
|Debut||Big and Little Wong Tin Bar (1962, Child actor)
Snake in the Eagle’s Shadow (1972)
|Fathers Name||Charles Chan (Worked for the French Ambassador)|
|Mothers Name||Lee Lee Chan (Worked for the French Ambassador)
|Brothers||Fang Shisheng, Fang Shide|
|Sister||Guilan Chan, Yulan Chan|
Career / Fashion And Style
Chan started his movie career as a stuntman in Bruce Lee’s ‘Fist of Fury’. In 1978 Jackie Chan’s gave first hit in his career named ‘Snake in the Eagle Shadow’, and after that Drunken Master.
Jackie Chan has appeared in over 150 films including the Rush Hour trilogy, Shanghai Noon and the Karate kid. ‘The Young Master’ his first directorial movie which he did in 1980. In 1987, he directed and acted in the movie ‘Armor of God’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Joan Lin (Former Taiwanese Actress)
Elaine Ng Yi-Lei (Model and actress in Hong Kong)
|Wife/Spouse||Joan Lin (m. 1982)|
|Children||Son– Jaycee Chan (born 1982, Actor and Singer)
Daughter– Etta Ng (born 1999)
Here we are providing you the list of his favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, and Harold Lloyd.|
|Favorite Food||Ice cream|
|Favorite singers||Michael Jackson|
Some Interesting Facts About Jackie Chan
- Jackie has been acting since he was only five years old.
- “Jackie” name was given by builder in Australia. His boss in Australia used to call him “Little Jack”, which further derived the name “Jackie”.
- Jackie Chan has expelled from the school as he failed his first year in primary school.
- Jackie has a star both in the Hollywood Walk of Fame and Hong Kong Avenue of Stars.
- Chan is a good singer and has released 20 albums in Japanese, Taiwanese, and English.
- He trained for Karate, Judo, Taekwondo, and Jeet Kune Do along with Kung Fu and Wing Chun
- Once, he broke 12 concrete blocks but did not let egg break, which he was holding in his hands while breaking concrete.
- He got his black belt after he entered the movie industry.
- All in the Family is the only Jackie Chan’s movie which does not have any fight scene.
- He did Rush Hour only because it came with loads of money.
- Jackie’s mother sold opium while his father was an undercover spy.
- Jackie Chan holds the Guinness Book of World Records for “Most stunts by a living actor”.
- He was hurt during a stunt shooting of ‘Armour of God’ due to which he has to use the permanent plastic plug in his head.
- He left China due to the mobs in Hong-Kong. In the 80s and 90s, he had to carry guns and grenades with himself in order to protect himself and his film crew from the mobs in the Chinese Triads.
- Jackie Chan will not give his money or property to his son.
- Jackie also knows Cantonese, German, Mandarin, English, Korean, Japanese and Thai, in addition to American Sign language!
- He holds another Guinness World Record for maximum credits in a single movie! “Chinese Zodiac” as he was the writer, director, lead actor, stuntman, producer, executive producer, cinematographer, art director, unit production manager, stunt coordinator, prop man, gaffer, composer, theme song vocalist, and catering coordinator.
- He covers the stuntmen and himself on his own through his stuntman association ‘Sing Kar Pan’ as no insurance companies go ahead with the risk that is involved.
- He did only one negative character in his entire career, in the movie Rumble in Hong Kong.
- When Jackie Chan is married, a girl committed suicide.
- Jackie’s wife was pregnant and Jackie wanted to keep the kid that’s why he married his wife in a cafe. So that she could fill his name as the ‘father’ in the forms.
- Jackie has beaten his son once. because he was not listening to the words. He does regret it and promised his son not to do it again.
- Due to drug abuse his son had to spend six months in the jail and Jackie did not bail him out until the hearing as he wanted him to learn.
- In order to do an intricate stunt, Jackie once took 2900 takes.
- To land on a hot air balloon in the movie ‘Armour of God’, Jackie actually jumped out of a plane.
- He has received an honorary professorship from the Savannah College of Art Design and an honorary doctorate from the University of Cambodia.
- Jackie Chan is currently the Dean of the Jackie Chan Film and Television Academy and a professor at the School of Hotel and Tourism Management at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University.