Biography / Wiki
Once a poor man who survived by guiding tourists Jack Ma is a Chinese businessman, investor, and philanthropist who is known as one of the most influential leaders in the world. To improve his communication skills, Jack learned English as well.
Even at a time when the rest of the world didn’t believe in his vision, Jack was one of the first few individuals who saw the Internet as a business opportunity. The entrepreneur went on to earn around $800,000 in just three years after starting his first venture with a mere $20,000.
Introducing him to global fame, he founded the e-commerce based venture ‘Alibaba’ in the 1990s. Making him the richest man in China, the revenue generated by the firm helped him reach the zenith of success.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on the 10th of September 1964 Jack Ma is currently 58 years old. He doesn’t appear to be much taller but keeps himself in a good shape and stays fit. His height measures 5 feet 3 inches while his weight is 60 kg approximately. He has brown colored eyes and the color of his hair is dark brown.
As one of the richest people in the world, Jack Ma has also been an inspiring role model for many. Even though he lives a luxurious life, he makes sure that most of his money goes to his philanthropic work.
He has earned a lot of wealth through his business ventures and his investments. The total net worth estimated for Jack Ma is $41.1 billion US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Jack Ma was born and raised in Hangzhou, China. He is the son of Ma Laifa and Cui Wencai and grew up with an older brother and younger sister. He attended his local High school in China and later went to Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business.
|Birth Place||Hangzhou, China|
|Date Of Birth||September 10, 1964|
|Height||In Centimetres – 161 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5′ 3″
|Weight||In Kilograms – 60 Kg
In Pounds – 132 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Investor, Politician, Actor, Philanthropist and Business Magnate|
|School||Local High School|
|College||Cheung Kong Graduate School of Business, Hangzhou Teacher’s Institute|
|Home Town||Hangzhou, China|
|Fathers Name||Ma Laifa|
|Mothers Name||Cui Wencai
|Brothers||Older Brother (Name Not Known)|
|Sister||Younger Sister (Name Not Known)|
Career / Fashion And Style
Jack visited the United States in 1995 to learn more about the Internet and saw the new technology as a great business opportunity. To start his own firm with the intention of focusing solely on the Internet, he even raised a fund of $20,000. Jack managed to earn a whopping $800,000 in just three years, although this kind of business was relatively new.
As the head of a firm governed by ‘China International Electronic Commerce Centre’, he started in 1998 and continued working in this IT-based firm for a year. Along with his friends, Jack founded a company called ‘Alibaba’ a website that could serve as a one-stop-shop for business to business transactions.
Jack then founded many other firms, such as ‘Taobao,’ ‘Lynx,’ and ‘Ali Mama’. Another famous company, ‘Yahoo’ invested $1 billion in Jack’s venture ‘Taobao’. Jack has entered showbiz as well and debuted as an actor in the Chinese Kung fu short film ‘Gong Shou Dao’ in 2017.
To concentrate more on his philanthropic works through his foundation, he stepped down as the executive chairman of the ‘Alibaba Group Holding’ in 2019. He has also won many awards and recognitions for his entrepreneurship skills.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Married to Cathy Zhang since the year 1980 the couple has a daughter and a son together.
|Wife||Cathy Zhang (Late 1980s – Present)|
|Children||Son – Ma Yuankun,
Daughter – One Daughter (Name Not Known)
Here we provide you the list of Jack Ma’s favorite things.
|Favorite Actors||Jackie Chan|
|Favorite Actress||Joan Chen|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||Switzerland|
|Favorite Food||Chinese Cuisine|
|Favorite Things To Do||Reading, Travelling and Listening to Music|
Some Interesting Facts About Jack Ma
- He started Alibaba at his apartment in 1999 and roped in a group of his 18 friends to start the company.
- After his firm raked in enormous profits from the sale of animal products, Jack was the target of criticism and worldwide in 2007.
- Jack has been invited to deliver lectures at many of prestigious universities.
- He used to travel 70 miles on his cycle for 9 years, to give tourists tours of the local area.
- By conversing with speakers at Hangzhou International Hotel, he used to practice his English-speaking skills.
- Set up by the China International Electronic Commerce Centre, he was hired to head an IT company in 1998.
- He dressed up like Michael Jackson and performed on the hit single, Thriller at the event held to celebrate Alibaba’s 18th year of establishment.
- In Fortune Magazine’s list featuring World’s 50 Greatest Leaders, he was placed on the second spot in 2017.
- He does not use any kind of social media.
- He was introduced to the Internet in 1995 by his friends during his visit to the United States.