Biography / Wiki
If you are a fan of the Harry Potter series, thanks to J.K. Rowling who is the creator of the fantasy series. She never thought hat a delayed train journey from Manchester to London would change her life and she will become a best-selling author. She was born Joanne Rowling on July 31, 1965.
She has sold more than 450 million copies of the series which was later adapted into a blockbuster film franchise. Her imaginary wizardry world and the characters in the series have kept the readers captivated for more. Her catchy imagination and power of storytelling made her the best-selling authors today.
Height / Weight / Age
J.K. Rowling weighs 52 kg and 114 lbs in pounds. She has a height of 165 cm or in feet inches 5’5”. She has blonde hair color and sparkling blue eye color. She will turn 55 years old, in July 2020.
J.K. Rowling’s net worth is estimated to be $650 million approximately. She owns a Tasmania Mansion and Church Cottage. Her car collection includes Rolls Royce Phantom and Range Rover.
Education / Family
J.K Rowling’s father Peter James Rowling who was a Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engineer and mother Anne Volant Rowling who worked as a Science Technician. She attended St Michael’s Primary School where she was academically sound. Later she was enrolled in the University of Exeter for BA in French and Classics. She developed her passion for writing at a young age and wrote many stories since she was five.
|Real Name||Joanne Rowling|
|Birth Place||Yate, Gloucestershire, England|
|Date Of Birth||July 31, 1965|
|Height||In centimeters – 165 cm
In feet inches – 5’5”
|Weight||In kilograms – 52 kg
In pounds – 114 lbs
|Profession||British Novelist, Film Producer, Screenwriter|
|School||St Michael’s Primary School
Wyedean School, Sedbury, England
|College||University of Exeter|
|Home Town||Yate, Gloucestershire, England|
|Debut||Book – Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone|
|Fathers Name||Peter James Rowling (Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engineer)|
|Mothers Name||Anne Volant Rowling (Science Technician)|
Career / Fashion And Style
While on a journey from Manchester to London, she expanded her imagination skills and thought about the wizardry boy and his world. Without wasting time she started penning ‘Philosopher’s Stone’, the first of the Harry Potter series. Before becoming a successful author, she became a teacher and relocated to Portugal.
In 1995, she completed the manuscript of ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ which was published by Barry Cunningham of Bloomsbury. With the upcoming series, she introduced new characters and made the wizardry story more exciting and thrilling. By 1999, she had released three series with over 35 million copies sold.
Harry Potter series became a single most profitable franchise for filmmakers and Warner Bros signed a deal with her to come up with film adaptation. He was honored with the prestigious Legion d’honneur by the French government and Order of the British Empire, for her outstanding contribution to the literary world.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
In 1992, she was married to Jorge Arantes but the couple did not stay together for long and got separated and has a daughter from him. In 2001, she re-married to Neil Michael Murray, an anesthetist. She has a son David Gordon Rowling and a daughter Mackenzie Jean Rowling Murray.
|Boyfriends||Jorge Arantes (1992)|
|Husband||Jorge Arantes (1992)
Neil Murray (2001)
|Children||Son – David Murray
Daughter – Jessica Arantes
Here is the list of J.K. Rowling’s favourite things.
|Favourite Self-Written Books||The Casual Vacancy, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone|
|Favourite film||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince|
|Favourite Book||“Emma” by Jane Austen, “The dairies of Auberon Waugh” by Auberon Waugh, “Team of Rivals” by Doris Kearns Goodwin|
Some Interesting Facts About J.K. Rowling
- Since her growing age, Rowling wanted to become a writer and cherish her dream of writing books.
- In teenage, she had a bitter relationship with her father but later a break came into their relationship when her father sold a collection of unique, printed Harry Potter first versions.
- Her first husband Jorge Arantes was a Portuguese columnist who assured that he was the first to read Harry Potter. The couple got separated when he forced her out of the flat at five in the morning.
- She was disappointed because of her fizzled marriage and being jobless with a reliant youngster.
- She used King’s Cross Station as the station from where the Hogwart’s Express withdraws in the Harry Potter story because her parents met each other there.
- Her hobby is traveling.
- Rather than on a computer, she prefers writing her novels in longhand.
- While living in a small flat with her daughter, she wrote ‘Harry Potter’ to pay off her gas bills.
- Along with Baroness Emma Nicholson, she co-founded LUMOS, which is a charity foundation.
- From Edinburgh University, she received an honorary degree for her outstanding contribution to children’s literature.
- In 2008, Forbes ranked her 9 in ‘The Celebrity 100 list’.
- She is considered to be the first author who became a billionaire by writing novels.