Biography / Wiki
An Australian actor and producer, Hugh Jackman is known for his remarkable versatility. He started his career from Australia and made a debut as Curly won him recognition outside Australia. He was born as Hugh Michael Jackson on October 12, 1968.
Apart from giving the blockbuster hits, it was a natural fit to serve as host of the Tony Awards and Academy Awards. He received a major breakthrough when he played the ultimate alternative superhero: the brooding, razor-clawed mutant known as Wolverine. As a versatile actor, he has tried most of the genres.
Height / Weight / Age
The weight of Hugh Jackman is 82 kg and 181 lbs in pounds. He stands with an impressive height of 188 cm or 6’1” in feet inches. He has ruggedly handsome features with a muscular physique. He possesses a deep resonant voice with a persuasive American accent. His hair color is dark brown and has sharp hazel eye color. He turned 51 years old, in October 2019.
As the highest-paid actors in America, Hugh’s net worth is estimated to be $160 million approximately. He has also been an endorser for Asahi Super Dry, Lipton Tea, Micromax, and many more brands.
Education / Family
Hugh Jackman was born to Grace McNeil and Christopher John Jackman in Sydney, New South Wales. When he was eight years old, his parents got divorced and later he was raised by his father. He has four elder siblings named Ian Jackman, Ralph Jackman, Sonya Jackman, and Zoe Jackman.
He attended Pymble Public School and Knox Grammar School for his elementary education. He was enrolled in the University of Technology where he pursued a degree in journalism and drama. In 1994, he also attended the Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts of Edith Cowan University in Perth for an acting course.
|Real name||Hugh Michael Jackman|
|Birth Place||Sydney, Australia|
|Date Of Birth||October 12, 1968|
|Age||51 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 188 cm
In feet inches – 6’1”
|Weight||In kilograms – 82 kg
In pounds – 181 lbs
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|School||Pymble Public School
Knox Grammar School
|College||University of Technology|
|Home Town||Sydney, New South Wales, Australia|
|Debut||Music – 2002
Film – Erskineville Kings (1999)
|Fathers Name||Christopher John Jackman (Cambridge-trained accountant)
|Mothers Name||Grace McNeil
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1998, Hugh got his first leading role of Curly in the Royal National Theatre’s acclaimed stage production of Oklahoma in London’s West. For his performance he earned an Olivier Award nomination and recognition outside Australia.
In 2005, along with John Palermo, he formed a production company, Seed Productions, aiming to mount modest-budget films to harness local talent. In the movie ‘The Fountain’, he portrayed three different characters of a neuroscientist, Captain Tomas Creo, a Spanish Conquistador in Seville; and a future astronaut, Tom.
He was honored with Teen Choice Award, Saturn Best Actor Award for X-Men, People’s Choice Favorite Action Movie Star Award for his brilliant performance in X-men. He was appointed as a global advisor of the Global Poverty Project and a vocal supporter of Muhammad Yunus.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
In 1996, he got married to Deborra-Lee Furness and the couple adopted two children named Oscar Maximillian and Ava Eliot.
|Wife||Deborra-Lee Furness (m. 1996-present)|
|Children||Son – Oscar Maximillian
Daughter – Ava Eliot
Here is the list of Hugh Jackman’s favourite things.
|Favourite Comic-book character||Superman|
|Favourite Sport||Kayaking, Basketball|
Some Interesting Facts About Hugh Jackman
- Hugh is the godfather of Rupert Murdoch’s daughters Grace and Chloe.
- He owns a line of coffee and coffee shops in New York called “Laughing Man Coffee”. The amount he earns from this is donated to needy children.
- She suffered from skin cancer for which he was treated in 2013.
- To play Wolverine, he undergoes intense physical training.
- He never smoked in real life but feels horrible to smoke in movies.
- In 2004, he met with an accident while filming Van Helsing and broke his extra hand.
- In the Bollywood movie ‘Mangal Pandey: The Rising’, he was offered the role of ‘Captain William Gordon’.
- He has an extremely blurry vision when he isn’t wearing contacts.
- When he was 8 years old, his parents got separated and his father raised all the five children alone.
- While co-starring in the Australian TV series Correlli, he met his wife Deborra-Lee Furness.
- For his role in the movie Swordfish, he took stunt-diving classes.
- His parents migrated to the USA from Australia. His great-grandfathers belonged to Greek descent whereas his maternal grandmother was of Scottish descent.
- His wife Deborra-Lee Furness has suffered through two miscarriages hence the couple decided to adopt children.
- From 2000-2004, he was chosen as one of the “50 Most Beautiful People in the World” by People Magazine.
- For his portrayal of Peter Allen in “The Boy From Oz”, he was given the title of Best Actor in a Musical by Drama Desk.
- If not an actor, he would have become an international freelance journalist. He also pursued a degree in Journalism.
- To inspire his performance as Wolverine, he watched Clint Eastwood’s Dirty Harry films.
- In China, he has been nicknamed as Wolf Uncle because his name does not translate easily.