Biography / Wiki
Popularly known by her alias, Halsey, Ashley Nicolette Frangipane is an American pop artist and songwriter. With a parody of the Taylor Swift song named ‘I Knew You Were Trouble’, her singing career began in 2012.
Nominated for several awards, in the year 2016, Halsey won the Rising Star award by Billboard Women in Music. Halsey after that released one extended play, five singles one studio album, and five music videos in a year after it.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on 29th September 1994, Halsey will turn 26 years old in the year 2020. She appears to be slim and has a well-maintained body figure. Halsey’s body figure measurements are 34-25-35 and she wears no. 7 in the shoe size. Her height measures 5’3” and her weight is 54 Kg approximately. Halsey has Hazel colored eyes and she keeps changing her hair color, currently, it is Blue.
It is a known fact that artists in the entertainment and music industry earn a lot. The same has been the case for Halsey. She has earned a lot of money from her career as a professional in the music industry. She is seen living a lavish lifestyle and has a luxurious house. The total net worth estimated for Halsey is $5 Million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Ashley Nicolette Frangipane was born and brought up in Edison, New Jersey. She is the daughter of Chris Frangipane, her father and Nicole Frangipane, her mother. Popularly known as Halsey, she grew up with two younger brothers.
Halsey studied at her local Warren Hills Regional High School and later attended the Island School of Design but could not complete the course because of financial restrains.
Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
|Birth Place||Edison, New Jersey|
|Date Of Birth||29th September 1994|
|Height||In centimeters – 163 cm
In feet and inches – 5’3”
|Weight||In kilograms – 54 Kg
In pounds – 119 lbs
|School||Warren Hills Regional High School|
|College||Island School of Design|
|Home Town||Edison, New Jersey|
|Fathers Name||Chris Frangipane
|Mothers Name||Nicole Frangipane
|Brothers||Sevian Frangipane (Younger Brother),
Dante Frangipane (Younger Brother)
Career / Fashion And Style
Halsey initially started her career on YouTube after she recorded a parody of Taylor Swift’s ‘I knew you were Trouble’ song in the year 2012. She recorded the song ‘Ghost’ which she posted on Sound Cloud in 2014 which became the source of her initial fame and she signed with the Astralwerks record label, a US-based record label.
Halsey’s debut album ‘Badlands’ was released in August 2015. At the South by Southwest Festival performed brilliantly which attracted a global fan base and rose her popularity on social media platforms as well.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
|Boyfriends||Matty Healy (2013),
Josh Dun (2015),
Andrew Taggart (2016 – 2017),
Jared Leto (2016),
Machine Gun Kelly (2018),
Evan Peters (2019-Present)
Some Interesting Facts About Halsey
- With the help of her then-boyfriend, Lido Halsey produced a tribute to Will Smith‘s Son, Jaden Smith in the year 2015.
- Sexy, androgynous, outer space is how she likes to describe her style and titles herself as Winona Ryder of the rap game.
- In the year 2012, she had to take help from one of her friends who pretended to be her manager she got calls and meeting requests from a lot of record labels because things started happening too quickly for her after the release of her song “Ghost”.
- Started out by posting songs on YouTube, in the year 2015 the most talked about person at SXSW (South by Southwest) on Twitter.
- She generally takes somewhere from 20 minutes to 60 minutes, to write one song and Ashley learned to play on guitar on Taylor Swift‘s song ‘Fifteen’ as her first song.
- She was identified with bipolar disorder at the age of 16 or 17 and started learning to play acoustic guitar at the age of 14.
- An anagram of her first name “Ashley” was later turned to her stage name “Halsey”. It is also a street in Brooklyn, where she had spent most of her time.
- Ashley previously planned to major in fine arts, but could not complete the course due to her financial problems, Ashley started playing music when she turned 18 to make her both ends meet.
- She hates the term “tri-bi” which is how she identifies sexually biracial, bipolar, and bisexual.
- Her mother used to listen to Alanis Morissette, Nirvana, The Cure, and The Cranberries while her dad used to listen to Bone Thugs-n-Harmony Notorious B.I.G., and Tupac Shakur, which influenced her music style when she was a kid and later shaped her career.