Biography / Wiki
Even after being a victim of racism, she has a success story of her medals and the Olympics. She was named ‘Fierce Five’, being a part of the United State’s Women Gymnastics Team. In a row, she has won many championships and medals too. She was born on 31st December 1995 in Newport News, Virginia. Her real-life story was spread worldwide and became an inspiration for others through the movie based on her. Whenever she was selected to represent her home country, she has earned medals and raised a grand fan following in her home country.
Height / Weight / Age
Gabby Douglas is 157 cm tall and in feet inches, her height is 5’2”. Approximately, 61 kg in Kilograms or 134.5 lbs in Pounds is her weight. In December 2019, she turned 24 years old. She has a gorgeous black eye color. Her hair color is also black. She has a slim and flexible body. Her body measurement is 32-24-33. Her ethnicity is Afro-American.
As of 2019, Gabby Douglas has an estimated net worth of $3 million.
Education / Family
She is the younger daughter of Timothy Douglas and Natalie Hawkins Douglas. She has two elder sisters Joyelle and Ariella and one elder brother John. At a very young age, she started showing her interest in gymnastics. Her parents encouraged her and enrolled her for the gymnastics training.
At the age of six, she started vigorous training which proved to be a stepping stone for her gymnastics career. After completing her training, she started participating in the competitions and surprised the judges and the spectators from her high flying skills. To enhance her skills she was sent to Iowa for the training under the guidance of Liang Chow. She stayed with her aunt in Iowa.
|Real Name||Gabrielle Christina Victoria Douglas|
|Nickname||Flying Squirrel, Golden Gabby, Brie|
|Birth Place||Newport News, Virginia|
|Date Of Birth||31 December 1995|
|Age||24 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 157 cm
In feet inches – 5’2”
|Weight||In kilograms – 61 kg
In pounds – 134.5 lbs
|Home Town||Des Moines, Iowa|
|Debut||2011 World Championships|
|Fathers Name||Timothy Douglas
|Mothers Name||Natalie Hawkins|
|Sisters||Joyelle and Ariella
Career / Fashion And Style
In 2008, she made her first national debut and secured the 10th position at the Classic held. For a year or so, Douglas failed to give remarkable performance due to her injuries.
At the World Championship 2011, she along with her teammates won a gold medal in the City of Jesolo. She secured her place in the national team for the 2012 Summer Olympics due to her successful trials.
Gabby and the team won the gold medal in the Summer Olympics 2012. After the Olympics, she stayed away from competitions and got indulged in vigorous training. She made a comeback in 2015 by participating in the City of Jesolo. She secured 4th position in the all-around championship and 2nd in overall U.S. Classic games.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband, and More
Here we are providing you the list of her favorite things.
|Favorite Food||Chocolate, Matzo ball soup, Italian and Mexican|
|Favorite Pets||Dogs and cats|
|Favorite TV Shows||The Real Housewives of Atlanta
Make it or Break it
ABC Family show about gymnasts
|Favorite Artists||Lil Wayne, Drake, and Katy Perry|
|Favorite Destinations||Bora Bora|
|Favorite Song||‘Girl on fire’ by Alicia Keys|
Some Interesting Facts About Gabby Douglas
- She was very close to gymnastics, because of the bad atmosphere they had at the Virginia gym. Her fellow gymnasts tortured her and were racists too.
- She became the part of the American US team in the 2012 Olympics along with Aly Raisman and three other teammates and has won gold for the team.
- She and her mother were criticized for the untidy appearance at the Olympics. They looked messy and not done. In defense, her mother said that there are no parlors for blacks where she is living with the host.
- Her team won the gold medal in 2011 and the 2015 World Championships.
- Her current coach or mentor is Christian Gallardo.
- In the Olympics, Gabby became the first American-African woman to win an all-around gymnastics championship.
- After earning medals, her success story attracted attention from the media. She appeared in the lifetime biopic film, ‘The Gabby Douglas Story’.
- The reality series ‘Douglas Family Gold’ was acquired by Gabby.
- If not a gymnast, she would have become an actress.
- Her picture was displayed on the box of cereals by Kellogg’s after she won the gold medal.
- Her celebrity crush is Ian Somerhalder.
- She likes sour pickles but not the sweet ones.
- Her hobbies are singing, knitting, playing the piano, and dancing.
- She has her own apartment in Los Angeles, California.
- She owns a Mercedes Sedan.
- As she is fond of dogs, she has two dogs whose breeds are black Labrador and Rottweiler mix.
- She was also trained by Kittie Carpenter, Dena Walker, Gustavo Moure, Liang Chow.