Biography / Wiki
Emmy Rossum is popular for her power-packed performance and striking good looks. She is one of the established actresses of Hollywood who has won the hearts of the audience far and wide. She was born as ‘Emmanuelle Grey’ on September 12, 1986. She is a talented actor, singer, and songwriter. She has appeared in movies such as song catcher, American Rhapsody, Mystic River, and many more. To pursue her career in the entertainment industry, she dropped out of her studies and her mother has always supported her decisions.
Height / Weight / Age
Emmy Rossum has a height of 167 cm and in feet inches; her height is 5’6. Emmy weighs 55 kg in Kilograms or 121 lbs in Pounds. She has wavy dark brown hair and has beautiful light brown eyes. In September 2019, she turned 33 years old. With a beautiful voice, she has a balanced body as well.
Emmy’s net worth is estimated to be $12 million approximately. She owns a Mercedes ML320 BlueTec and Lexus RX Hybrid.
She was born in New York and was raised by her single mother Cherly Rossum who was a corporate photographer. From a young age, she was interested in opera and became of the Metropolitan Opera Children’s Chorus at the age of 7. She attended Spence School for elementary education. Lately, she was inclined towards acting and went to The New Actors Workshop to polish her acting skills.
|Real Name||Emmanuelle Grey “Emmy” Rossum|
|Birth Place||Manhattan, New York|
|Date Of Birth||September 12, 1986|
|Age||33 years (as in 2019)|
|Height||In centimeters – 167 cm
In feet inches – 5’6”
|Weight||In kilograms – 55 kg
In pounds – 121 lbs
|Eye Color||Light brown|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Home Town||California, United States|
|Debut||TV – Grace & Glorie
Film – Genius
Album – Inside out
|Fathers Name||Name not known|
|Mothers Name||Cheryl Rossum
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1997, she made her acting debut as a guest role in the TV program ‘Law & Order’. She won a Young Artist Award nomination for a TV movie ‘Genius’. She made her big-screen debut with the movie ‘Songcatcher’ for which she received an Independent Spirit Award Nomination.
At Williamstown Theatre Festival, she performed as Juliet Capulet in ‘Romeo and Juliet’. In 2007, she released her own music album ‘Inside Out’ in which she became a singer and songwriter as well.
In 2011, she was featured in DJ Caruso’s social film ‘Inside’ which was an online film. For her appearance in ‘The Phantom of the Opera’, she has won awards such as Saturn Award for Best Performer, BFCA’s Best Young Actress and Young Artist Award’s Best Performance in Feature Film.
Boyfriends, Affairs, Husband and More
On May 28, 2017, she married Sam Esmail.
|Boyfriends||David Wildenstein (2005)
Topher Grace, American Actor (2005-2007)
Milo Ventimiglia, American Actor (2007)
Adam Duritz, American Musician (2009-2010)
Tyler Jacob Moore, American Actor (2011-2013)
|Husband||Justin Siegel (2007-2009)
Sam Esmail (2017-present)
The list of her favourite things is here
|Favourite Actors||Sean Penn, Miranda Richardson|
|Favourite Actress||Julia Roberts, Brenda Blethen|
|Favourite Music||David Gray, Passion Pit, Elliot Smith, Sigur Ross|
|Favourite Movies||Secrets & Lies, LA Confidential|
|Favorite Sport||Ice Skating, Swimming, English Style Horseback Riding|
|Favourite Food||Brown rice, sautéed spinach with garlic, lemon roasted organic chicken, Italian parmesan cheese|
|Favourite Color(s)||Green and blue baby|
|Favourite Brand||Christian Louboutin & Kate Frances|
|Favourite Snacks||Natural peanut butter or gala apple slices, low-fat string cheese and grapes|
Some Interesting Facts About Emmy Rossum
- If not an actress, she would have become an astronaut.
- Emmy does smoke and consumes alcohol.
- As a child artist, she did TV shows and in her adolescence, he started doing movies.
- She completed her high school education through an online program that was funded by Stanford University.
- She has worked with an Israeli-American designer Elie Tahari and has launched a huge range of designer handbags.
- To stay in shape, she still takes dance lessons.
- She has a weird habit of which chewing nails.
- She never misses an opportunity to appreciate and thanks to her mother for upbringing her so well.
- She shared her Gluten-free diet plan in Natural Health Magazine. She wants to help gluten allergic people because she is allergic to gluten as well.
- Her hobbies are reading, horseback riding, ballet, and cooking.
- Her favorite sports team is the New York Knicks.
- Every year on father’s day, she goes with her mother for brunch or dinner and gives her gift to show how valuable she is.
- She has also taken cooking classes at Le Cordon Bleu in London.
- She has performed 20 different operas singing in five languages.
- She is suffering from celiac disease which is an autoimmune disorder in which her body can’t tolerate any foods containing gluten/wheat.