Biography / Wiki
One of the noted American singer and actor Elvis Presley was acknowledged for his contribution to the Rock and Roll genre of western music. He was born as Elvis Aaron Presley on January 8, 1935. He was known as ‘The king of rock n roll’ because of his performance style which was a fusion of energy and erotic sensuousness.
He became the first performer whose concert was broadcast via satellite. His music was a blend of rhythm and blues and country music. He became a controversial figure as he was influenced by the African-American singers.
Height / Weight / Age
Elvis Presley has a height of is 182 cm and in feet inches, his height is 6’0. The weight of Elvis is 77 kg in Kilograms or 170 lbs in Pounds. He died on January 8, 1935, at the age of 42 years.
He had a beautiful blue eye color and his hair color was naturally brown but dyed black. 40 inches chest, 32 inches waist, and 14 inches biceps were his body measurements. He had a deep husky voice with a southern accent. Due to his moving pelvis, he was nicknamed as ‘Elvis the pelvis’.
Elvis had a net worth estimated to be $300 million approximately. He owned a house worth $102,500. His car collection included Mercedes Benz 600, Ford T-bird, BMW 507s, Rolls Royce, Lincoln Limousine, Ferrari, and many more.
Education / Family
Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi to Vernon Elvis Presley and Gladys Love. He had an identical twin brother named Jesse Garon Presley. He belonged to a religious family who attended Assembly of God Church from where he got inspired for music. On October 3, 1945, he made his first public performance at the Mississippi-Alabama Fair and Dairy Show. Country singers like Ted Daffan, Ernest Tubb, and Jake Hess greatly inspired Elvis towards music.
|Real Name||Elvis Aron Presley|
|Nickname||The King of Rock and Roll, Elvis the Pelvis|
|Birth Place||Tupelo, Tennessee|
|Date Of Birth||January 8, 1935|
|Age||42 years (at the time of death)|
|Height||In centimeters – 182 cm|
In feet inches – 6’0”
|Weight||In kilograms – 77 kg|
In pounds – 170 lbs
|Hair Color||Naturally brown, but dyed black|
|Profession||Musician, actor, singer|
|School||Humes High School|
|Home Town||Memphis, Tennessee|
|Debut||Film – Love Me Tender|
|Fathers Name||Gladys Love|
|Mothers Name||Vernon Elvis Presley|
|Brothers||Jesse Garon Presley (twin)|
Career / Fashion And Style
In 1954, Elvis was recorded by DJ Philips singing Arthur Crudup’s ‘That’s all right’. Tom Parker became his executive manager who negotiated for a contract between Elvis and ‘RCA Victor’. In 1956, he made his TV debut on ‘stage show’. in 1956, he appeared in the movie ‘Love me tender’ and signed 6 more movies to do.
He received a draft notice for joining the military as a common soldier. He disappeared from the music industry for two years but his manager excelled in keeping up Elvis’s fame.
He made a comeback from the album ‘Elvis is back’ which was followed by ‘Something for everybody’. He was nominated for Grammy 14 times and won three times for albums ‘How Great Thou Art’ and ‘He Touched Me’.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He was married to Priscilla Beaulieu in 1967 but the couple got divorced in 1973. He had a daughter named Lisa Marie also became a singer. He died in 1977, due to drug overdose.
|Marital Status||Unmarried after divorce in 1972|
|Wife||Priscilla Presley (1967-1972)|
|Children||Daughter – Lisa Marie Presley|
The list of Elvis’s favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Tony Curtis|
|Favourite TV series||The Tonight Show|
|Favourite Food||Peanut butter, bacon, potato cheese soup, meatloaf with mushroom gravy, honey sandwich, banana|
Some Interesting Facts About Elvis Presley
- His grandfather built a house in which is two-bedroom home in which Presley lived.
- He had an elder twin brother who was born 35 minutes before Elvis.
- From an Assembly of God event, he was inspired and became a member of the Pentecostal church.
- Colonel Tom Parker managed Elvis for a long twenty years.
- He was called as ‘trashy’ in school because he played hillybilly music.
- He had turkey as his pet which he named Bowtie.
- Once to color his hair black, he used shoe polish.
- Germans called him ‘rock and roll’ matador.
- Once he broke a women’s ankle by mistake while performing a karate technique.
- His daughter Lisa Marie Presley married Michael Jackson.
- In the narcotics department, he wanted to become the Federal Agent at Large.
- Before his big break, he was turned down by the gospel quartet Songfellas.
- In 1956, Love me Tender was released which became his first box office hit.
- At the age of 36, he was honored with Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and had won three Grammy Awards.
- His hobbies were go-carting, karate, touch football, numerology, and gospel singing.
- His ethnicity was Scots-Irish, Scottish, German, and French Norman.
- He was famous for his performances, style of singing, dancing, and fashion.