Biography / Wiki
With his comic timing and quirky remarks fresh even today, an American comedian, television-film producer, and actor David Khari Webber, popularly known as Dave Chappelle still remains a popular figure in the show business even though his on-screen appearances have greatly reduced since the last decade.
As an impeccable artiste on the ‘Chappelle’s Show’ Dave Chappelle made his mark as one of the best stand-up comedians by ‘Comedy Central’. He hit it big with his very own primetime show after years of struggle with small roles in films. He lives with his wife and three children on the outskirts of Yellow Springs, in Ohio and has converted to Islam.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on 24th August 1973 Dave Chappelle will turn 47 years old in the year 2020. He appears to be tall and has a healthy but well-maintained body figure. His body figure measurements are 36-35-35 with his biceps measuring 12 inches. His height measures 5 feet 11 inches while his weight is 82 kg approximately. He has dark brown eyes and the color of his hair black but he mostly keeps his head bald.
As Dave Chappelle has been one of the prominent figures when it comes to comedy in the Hollywood entertainment industry, he has earned a lot through his shows, tours and TV appearances. He owns many luxurious things and has a lavish house as well. Chappelle has also earned a lot by advertising for some of the well-known brands like Pepsi and coca-cola. The total net worth estimated for Dave Chappelle is $16 million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Dave Chappelle was born and raised in Washington, DC, USA. He is the son of William David Chappelle III and Yvonne K. Chappelle Seon, both of his parents were university professors. Dave grew up with a brother and sister. He has studied at Woodlin Elementary School and later attended The Duke Ellington School of the Arts.
David Khari Webber Chappelle
|Birth Place||Washington, DC USA|
|Date Of Birth||24 August 1973|
|Height||In Centimetres – 180 cm
In Feet and Inches – 5’11”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 80 Kg
In Pounds – 176 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Profession||Actor, Writer, Producer and Stand up comedian|
|School||Woodlin Elementary School|
|College||Duke Ellington School of the Arts.|
|Home Town||Washington, DC USA|
|Debut||Film – Robinhood: Men in Tights (1993),
TV Show – Comic Justice (1993)
|Fathers Name||William David Chappelle III|
|Mothers Name||Yvonne K. Chappelle Seon
|Brothers||William S. Chappelle
|Sister||Felicia Chappelle Jones|
Career / Fashion And Style
After he moved to New York City, Dave made a name for himself in the comedy circuit after the initial struggle and made his entry into films with ‘Robin Hood: Men in Tights’. He appeared in the American sitcom, ‘Home Improvement’ in 1995. He starred in the hit film, ‘The Nutty Professor’ alongside Eddie Murphy in 1996.
He appeared on ‘Con Air’ in a small role in 1997 and then appeared in a major role in ‘Half-Baked’ the following year. In 1999, Dave starred in a small but remarkable role in the film ‘Blue Streak’.
The ‘Chappelle’s Show’, was aired on Comedy Central from 2003 to 2006 which landed him a multi-million dollar contract but he refused and disappeared on a trip to South Africa and has focused on films and stand-up comedy after his return. Chappelle attempted to break Cook’s 7-hour record in 2009 at the Laugh Factory but was not successful.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Currently married to Elaine Mendoza Erfe he has two sons and a daughter.
|Girlfriend||Elaine Mendoza Erfe (2001- present)|
|Marital Status||Married (Since 2001)|
|Wife||Elaine Mendoza Erfe
|Children||Son – Sulayman and Ibrahim,
Daughter – Sonal
Here we provide you the list of Dave Chappelle’s favorite things.
|Favorite Comedian||Richard Pryor and Chris Rock|
|Favorite Colour||Black and Blue|
|Favorite Holiday Destinations||The Maldives|
|Favorite Food||Non-Veg. and Seafood|
|Favorite Things To Do||Listening to songs and gym freak|
Some Interesting Facts About Dave Chappelle
- In the comedy-drama movie, Forrest Gump, Dave was approached for the role of Benjamin Buford “Bubba” Blue but he felt that the movie would fail and rejected the offer.
- Dave was offered a $50 million contract by Comedy Central because of the immense popularity of the show but decided to walk away from the show as he was frustrated with the direction.
- He again started performing regularly in stand-up comedy events after the end of Chappelle’s Show.
- For his great performance in his Netflix special, The Age of Spin & Deep in the Heart of Texas, he won a Grammy Award in 2017.
- Focused on American culture, politics, pop culture, and racial stereotypes, his popular TV show, Chappelle’s Show, made its debut on Comedy Central in 2003.
- To kick-start his career in comedy he decided to move to New York City after completing his high school studies.
- He performed in front of the Amateur Night audience early in his career but was booed off the stage.
- He carved a special place for himself on the New York comedy circuit after he managed to overcome the setback.
- He returned to Ohio and briefly considered giving up a career in show business after his father passed away in the 90s.
- To secure appearances in several popular late-night talk shows, his appearance in Def Comedy Jam helped him.