Biography / Wiki
Dara Khosrowshahi is the CEO of Uber which is the most popular taxi-service providing company. He is an Iranian-American businessman who was a refugee from Iran but now holds the citizenship of the U.S. the Embassy of the United States, Tehran, listed him on the list of “Prominent Iranian-Americans”.
Height / Weight / Age
The weight of Dara Khosrowshahi is 75 kg or 165 lbs in pounds. He has a gigantic build-up of 183 cm and in feet inches; his height is 6’ tall. In May 2020, he will turn 51 years old. His hair color is salt & pepper and eye color is striking dark brown. He is semi-bald.
Dara Khosrowshahi’s net worth is estimated to be $20 million approximately. His salary is $4.73 million. His car collection includes Range Rover, Mercedes Benz S Class, and BMW. He owns 2 Condos in Miami worth $10 million.
Education / Family
Dara Khosrowshahi belonged to a wealthy family of Iran. He has an elder brother named Asghar and elder sister Lili. As his family was targeted before the Iranian Revolution, they moved to the United States. For elementary education, he went to Hackley School, Tarrytown, New York, US. He completed his graduation from Brown University.
|Birth Place||Tehran, Iran|
|Date Of Birth||May 28, 1969|
|Height||In centimeters – 183 cm
In feet inches – 6’
|Weight||In kilograms – 75 kg
In pounds – 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|Hair Color||Salt & Pepper|
|School||Hackley School, Tarrytown, New York, US|
|College||Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island, U.S|
|Home Town||Tarrytown, New York, United States|
|Fathers Name||Name not known|
|Mothers Name||Name not known|
|Brothers||Kaveh Khosrowshahi and 1 more|
Career / Fashion And Style
Dara started his career in 1991 as an analyst in Allen & Company, an investment bank. Later he joined Barry Diller, first at Diller’s USA Networks where he was vice president for strategic planning and then president.
In 2001, he became the CEO of Expedia. By 2016, he was considered as the highest-paid CEOs in the United States. In 2017, he became the CEO of Uber and also served on Uber’s board of directors.
1991-98: Analyst, Allen & Co.
1998-99: Vice President, Senior VP for Strategic Planning, USA Networks
1999-2000: President of Interactive, USA Networks
2000-2005: Executive VP for operations and strategic planning, EVP, chief financial officer, USA Networks/IAC
2005-2017: CEO, Expedia
2017-Present: CEO, Uber Technologies Inc.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He is married to Sydney Shapiro, who is a teacher and actress. He has three sons Alex, Hayes Epic, and Hugo Gubrit and one daughter Chloe.
|Children||Sons – Alex & 2 more
Daughter – 1
Some Interesting Facts About Dara Khosrowshahi
- The Alborz Investment Company was founded by Dara’s father. The company was involved in chemicals, pharmaceuticals, distribution, food, packaging, trading, and services.
- He is also related to Hassan Khosrowshahi who is a Canadian billionaire.
- Before the Iranian Revolution, his family moved to the United States as their company was seized and nationalized by the new government.
- Khosrowshahi is pronounced as “Cause-Row-Sha-hee.”
- He and his wife call themselves ‘sci-fi geeks’. At their wedding, the couple wore a T-shirt from a heavy metal band Slayer.
- He is an avid lover of World of Warcraft.
- In 1991, he joined the investment bank Allen & Company.
- The company expanded to over 60 different countries when he became the CEO at Expedia Inc.
- He was honored with the Pacific Northwest Entrepreneur of the Year award by Ernst & Young.
- His hobbies are cycling, playing video games, and traveling.
- He is a supporter of libertarianism.