Biography / Wiki
Even though he is short in height, Daniel Michael ‘Danny’ DeVito Jr. popularly known as Danny DeVito has gained the level of success which very few have managed to achieve. Comedian, director, producer and an American actor DeVito has established himself above many others in the industry.
He proved his mettle with his talent and passion for acting even though DeVito took a lot of lumps while growing up. Admired for his comic timing and charming humor he experimented with other roles as well without restricting himself.
Danny has also directed movies starring major actors apart from his acting and comedy. Almost all of his directorial ventures belong to the genre Black Comedy as it is close to his heart.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on November 17, 1944 Danny DeVito is currently 75 years old. He suffers from a medical condition due to which his height appears quite short. His height measures 4′ 11″ in feet and his weight is 65 Kg. His body measurements are 40-30-31 and his biceps measure 10 inches. The color of his eyes is Brown and his hair is white in color mostly because of aging.
As he is quite successful as an actor, director, producer as well as comedian, it is assumed that he has gathered a huge amount of wealth. He has been a producer for famous projects like ‘Pulp Fiction,’ ‘Erin Brockovich,’ ‘Reno 911!’ which have earned a massive amount of money on the box office. The total net worth for Danny DeVito is estimated to be around $80 Million US dollars as of now.
Education / Family
Danny DeVito was born in Neptune Township, New Jersey, the USA to his parents Daniel DeVito Sr. And Julia DeVito his mother was a homemaker and his father was a businessman. He grew up with two sisters Theresa Scialla and Angela Lucia.
On his own request to his father, he attended a boarding school which was ‘Oratory Preparatory School’ and later went to the ‘American Academy of Dramatic Arts’ and graduated in 1966.
Daniel Michael DeVito Jr.
|Birth Place||Township (New Jersey, USA)|
|Date Of Birth||November 17, 1944|
|Height||In centimeters – 147 cm
In feet and inches – 4′ 11″
|Weight||In kilograms – 65 Kg
In pounds – 176 lbs
|Profession||Actor & Filmmaker|
|School||Oratory Preparatory School, Summit (New Jersey)|
|College||American Academy of Dramatic Arts|
|Home Town||Township (New Jersey, USA)|
|Fathers Name||Daniel DeVito Sr.
|Mothers Name||Julia DeVito
Career / Fashion And Style
DeVito started working at the ‘Eugene O’Neill Theatre Centre’ after his graduation and has worked many odd jobs before entering the entertainment industry. He landed the role of Martini in the stage production of ‘One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest’ and later worked in the film as well. He worked in the ‘NBC’ series titled ‘Taxi’ in 1978.
His career mainly started after the ‘Terms of Endearment’ in 1983. His first directorial venture was ‘Throw Momma from the Train’ in 1987. DeVito played many characters with different shades in several movies from 2012 to 2019. ‘Space Jam’ (1996), ‘Smallfoot’ (2018) are some of the movies in which he played a voice actor as well.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Wife||Rhea Perlman (Actress)
|Children||Daughter: Lucy Chet DeVito (born March 11, 1983),
Grace Fan DeVito (born in March 1985)
Son: Jacob Daniel DeVito
Here we provide you the list of Danny Devito’s favourite things.
|Favourite Actors||Bruce Lee|
|Favourite Actress||Jeena Diwan|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Malaysia|
|Favourite Colour||White & Black|
|Favourite Dishes||Chinese Food|
|Favourite Things To Do||Watching Theatre Plays & Listening Music|
Some Interesting Facts About Danny Devito
- He brought a bag of carrots along to munch during the award ceremony at the 73rd Annual Academy Awards.
- At 6906 Hollywood Blvd in Hollywood he was honored with his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in August 2011.
- He had convinced his father that the only way to keep him out of trouble was to get him enrolled at a boarding school.
- The restaurant known by the name of DeVito South Beach which closed down in 2011 was a Miami based restaurant he co-owned.
- Multiple epiphyseal dysplasias, which is also known as Fairbank’s disease is the cause of his famous short stature.
- Inspired by the popular video game, he was under consideration to play the role of Super Mario in the adventure comedy film, Super Mario Bros.
- He has held a number of miscellaneous jobs such as cleaning butts out of ashtrays at a hotel or as a cosmetician at his sister’s beauty salon before becoming a successful actor.
- With actor Michael Douglas he shared a flat in Manhattan, New York City in his early struggling days and shared the rent of the flat which was $75 per month.
- For the lead role of Detective John Kimble, the producers of Kindergarten Cop considered Danny but due to his short stature went for his close friend, Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Danny uses a Nissan Leaf 100% electric car for transportation as he considers himself an environmentalist.