Biography / Wiki
An English Actor Daniel Kaluuya, best-known for his role as Jordan Peele in ‘Get Out’. For his stellar performance in the movie, he received a nomination for an Oscar. He was born on February 24, 1989, in London, England.
Apart from an actor, he is also a writer and has co-written some episodes of the British television series Skins. He won both the Evening Standard Award and Critics’ Circle Theatre Award for Outstanding Newcomer, for his role in ‘Sucker Punch’.
Height / Weight / Age
The weight of Daniel Kaluuya is 75 kg or 165 lbs in pounds. He has a gigantic build-up of 176 cm and in feet inches; his height is 5’9” tall. In February 2020, he turned 31 years old. His hair color is black and eye color is striking dark brown.
Daniel’s net worth is estimated to be $2 million approximately.
Education / Family
Daniel Kaluuya was born to Ugandan parents Damalie Namusoke and Stephen Kaluuya. Along with his elder sister, he was also raised on a council estate in Kentish Town. Due to UK visa regulations, his father lived in Uganda.
For his education, he attended St Aloysius College, London. At a very young age, he started writing plays and also performed improvisational theatre. To improve his acting skills, he went to the local Anna Scher Theatre School and WAC Arts.
|Real name||Daniel Joseph Kaluuya|
|Birth Place||London, United Kingdom|
|Date Of Birth||February 24, 1989|
|Height||In centimeters – 176 cm
In feet inches – 5’9”
|Weight||In kilograms – 75 kg
In pounds – 165 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark brown|
|College||St. Aloysius College, London|
|Home Town||West London|
|Debut||Film – Shoot the Messenger (2006)
TV – The Whistleblower (2007)
|Fathers Name||Stephen Kaluuya|
|Mothers Name||Damalie Namusoke|
Career / Fashion And Style
Daniel made his acting debut in the BBC’s controversial drama Shoot the Messenger. Later he made guest appearances in many popular television series such as Silent Witness, the Doctor Who special “Planet of the Dead”, and Lewis.
He has also featured in the sketch shows That Mitchell and Webb Look and Harry and Paul. As a voice artist, he worked in the BBC Radio 4 sitcom Sneakiepeeks. In 2009, the Screen International Magazine named Daniel as a UK Star of Tomorrow.
He worked in the dark BBC comedy Psychoville, from 2009 to 2011. He played a lead character in an episode of the anthology series Black Mirror. He received significant critical acclaim from his performance in getting Out, for which he received numerous accolades. In 2018, he was honored with the BAFTA Rising Star Award.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
Here is the list of Daniel’s favourite things.
|Favourite song||21 Gun Salute, Stormzy feat. Wretch 32|
Some Interesting Facts About Daniel Kaluuya
- Daniel was born to Ugandan parents who migrated to London.
- His father lived in Uganda and he was raised by his mother alone in a council estate in Camden, North London.
- Before his parents’ separation, he was named Joseph and chose Daniel as his stage name.
- Since childhood, he was interested in acting and writing plays.
- He wrote his first play at the age of 9, titled ‘Kenan & Kel’ which focused on two guys working at McDonald’s. The play was presented at the Hampstead Theatre in North West London, and he also won the competition.
- He also performed Improvisational theatre, which is a form of comedy where everything performed is unplanned or unscripted.
- He has done minor roles in movies such as Cass, Chatroom, and Welcome To The Punch.
- As Posh Kenneth, he was portrayed in the British teen drama series “Skins” and also wrote the script for the same show.
- He became the head writer for the episodes entitled ‘Thomas’ and ‘Jal’.
- He made guest appearances on famous television shows Silent Witness, the Doctor Who special “Planet of the Dead,” and Lewis.
- His acting skills took him new heights when he did short films entitled Baby, Jonah which won the Best Short Film Award at the British Independent Film Awards.
- For his role in the movie Get Out, he won MTV Movie & TV Awards.
- His hobby is playwriting.
- His performance in an American horror film “Get Out,” was the most acclaimed and trailblazing work.
- He is fond of grime music.
- He supports Arsenal FC.