Biography / Wiki
Hard work, dedication, and perseverance are the main ingredients in the recipe for success, this line has been very well proved by Catherine Zeta-Jones who is a Welsh actress. Moreover, she is eminently known for her role in the Oscar/Academy award-winning movie, “Chicago”(2002), for which she even achieved her very first Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
Besides this, Catherine also rose to huge prominence by winning several honors and awards including a British Academy Film Award, an Academy Award, a Tony Award, 3 Screen Actors Guild, 2 Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, and many more.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on September 25, 1969, this gorgeous actress has turned 53 years old. Catherine is blessed with a good height of 170 Centimetres and is 5’7” in Feet & Inches. Her brown eyes and shiny dark brown hair enhance the charm of her beauty.
She is very conscious about her physique and follows a regular diet to keep herself fit with a weight of 57 kilograms and 125 lbs in pounds. Her figure measures 37 inches breast, 25 inches waist, and 36 inches hips. Her bra size is 36C while her shoe size is 9 (US).
With this stunning beauty, Catherina earns a very decent amount of net worth through her professional career in the entertainment field. Having started her career in the year 1984, she has managed to come a long way up becoming one of the most recognizable actresses of the 1990s.
Jones has won the hearts of millions of fans through her charismatic acting performances and sex appeal profile thus earning her more and more opportunities in movies and series. The major source of her income is surely her role in movies, series, and shows. According to the sources, Catherine’s estimated net worth is $105 million approximately.
With her earnings, the actress has certainly managed to live a luxurious lifestyle. In fact, her husband Michael Douglas himself being one of the richest actors has a whopping net worth of $350 million. The duo even paid $5.07 million for their house in Westchester County.
Education / Family
Born and growing up in Swansea, Wales, Catherine belongs to mixed ethnicity. She is the loving and caring daughter of David Jones(father) and Patricia Jones(mother). Moreover, she grew up along with her older brother, David, and a younger brother, Lyndon.
Her mother, Patricia was an Irish Catholic seamstress while her father, David was a simple Welsh owner of a sweet factory. When she was just 4, her mother sent her to the Hazel Johnson School of Dance. In fact, she even was the main performer in the theatre group of her local church.
Besides this, Jones was selected to play one of the orphan girls in a West End production of the musical, “Annie” when she was just 9. As for her education, she enrolled at the Dumbarton House School but she dropped out of school without obtaining her ‘O-Levels’ and went to London to pursue her career. Furthermore, she attended independent Arts Educational Schools for a three-year course in musical theatre in London.
|Birth Place||Swansea, West Glamorgan, Wales, UK|
|Date of birth||September 25, 1969|
|Height||In feet & inches: 5’7”
In centimeters: 170 cm
|Weight||In kilograms: 57 kg
In pounds: 125 lbs
|Hair color||Dark Brown|
|School||Dumbarton House School
Hazel Johnson School of Dance
|Home town||Swansea, West Glamorgan, Wales, UK|
|Fathers name||David Jones|
|Mothers name||Patricia Jones
|Brothers||David and Lyndon|
Career / Fashion and Style
Moving towards her career, Catherine took the first step towards her career at the age of 14 when she made her professional acting debut as the lead role in Annie at the Swansea Grand Theatre. Later, she played the lead role of Tallulah in a West End production of Bugsy Malone.
After that, the 17-year-old Zeta-Jones was picked as the second understudy to the lead actress in a West End production of 42nd Street in the year 1987. Moreover, this beautiful actress made her film debut in the director Philippe de Broca’s film “1001 Nights” in the year 1990.
Later, she captured huge publicity with her role as Mariette in the series, “The Darling Buds of May”(1991-93). Then, she made her appearance in television shows like ‘The Return of the Native’ and ‘Catherine the Great’. Apart from that, in the year 1996, Catherine portrayed the lead role of Isabella Paradine, in the television miniseries, ‘Titanic’.
Later, she got appeared in the superhit film, “The Mask of Zorro”(1998) which was positively received by the critics and grossed over $250 million worldwide and she was nominated for the MTV Movie Award for Best Breakthrough Performance. In the year 1999, Zeta-Jones also got the opportunity to be featured in the heist film, “Entrapment”.
Furthermore, In the year 2000, she played the role of a vengeful pregnant woman in a movie, “Traffic”(2000) which further earned her recognition. In 2001, she did her first-ever sole film project in the romantic comedy, “America’s Sweethearts”.
In addition to this, in the year 2002, Catherine got her biggest break when she starred as Velma Kelly in the superhit film, “Chicago” which was a blockbuster movie that even earned her an Academy and BAFTA Awards for Best Supporting Actress.
It was followed up with her performance in high profile films such as, “The Terminal”, “Intolerable Cruelty” and the global blockbuster “Ocean’s Twelve”. Other than this, In the year 2009, this charming star made her Broadway debut with the play ‘A Little Night Music’.
After that, she starred in the sequel to ‘The Mask of Zorro’ titled ‘The Legend of Zorro’ and ‘No Reservations’. Besides this, Jones also starred in the films “Red 2″(2013) and “Side Effects”(2013) as well as the television miniseries “Feud”(2017), portraying the role of Olivia de Havilland.
In the year 2018, she starred as the drug lord Griselda Blanco in the Lifetime television film, “Cocaine Godmother”. Apart from that, in the year 1992, she also voiced a character in Jeff Wayne’s musical entitled “Jeff Wayne’s Musical Version of Spartacus”. In fact, her first single, “In the Arms of Love” was released in 1995 through Wayne’s WOw! Records.
Boyfriend, Affairs, Husband, and More
Talking about her relationship status, Catherine is a married lady and has been married for just once to date. She got married to Michael Douglas who is also a well-renowned American actor and producer. Moreover, Douglas has received numerous accolades, including 5 Gloden Globe Awards, two Academy Awards for his marvelous acting.
Besides this, the couple met for the first time at the Deauville Film Festival in France in August 1998. Both of them were actually introduced to each other by Danny DeVito. Shortly after, they started to date each other and eventually got engaged on December 31, 1999.
Later, they tied the sacred knot of marriage in a high-profile ceremony at the Plaza Hotel in New York on November 18, 2000, after Douglas’ divorce was finalized. Their wedding was so grand that they even had signed a £1 million deal with OK! magazine to release pictures.
In fact, they also sued Hello! magazine who surreptitiously clicked some pictures of the event. This lovely couple has two children together: a son, Dylan Michael (b. August 2000), and a daughter, Carys Zeta who was born in April 2003. Until 2009, the Douglas family lived in Bermuda. Later, they shifted to rural New York State in 2016.
Apart from that, their relation also faced some problems as back in 2010 when Jones suffered from depression and bipolar II disorder and Douglas was diagnosed with tongue cancer. The couple decided to live separately in 2013 due to the stress of both their illnesses without taking legal action towards separation or divorce.
However, in the year 2014, they reconciled with Douglas saying they were “stronger than ever”. Previously, Catherine has dated several personalities including singer David Essex, television personality John Leslie and pop star Mick Hucknall. Besides this, she was even engaged to Scottish actor Angus Macfadyen briefly.
|Children||Son: Dylan Michael
Daughter: Carys Zeta
Here we are providing the list of favorites of Catherine Zeta-Jones:
|Favorite Actor||Not Known|
|Favorite Actress||Not Known|
|Favorite Destination||Not Known|
Some Interesting Facts About Catherine Zeta-Jones
- She was awarded the Academy Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and BAFTA Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Chicago (2002).
- Zeta-Jones was awarded the Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her leading role in Broadway’s 2009 revival of A Little Night Music.
- In the year 2002, she was named the global ambassador for the cosmetics company Elizabeth Arden, Inc.
- The celebrity biographer Cliff Goodwin wrote an unauthorized biography of the actress, entitled Catherine Zeta-Jones: The Biography in the year 2003, but its publication was indefinitely postponed after her lawyers issued various legal action against both Goodwin and his publisher.
- In the year 2010, she was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) by the Monarchy of the United Kingdom for her film and charity work.
- Catherine was named the most beautiful British woman by a poll conducted by the television network QVC in the year 2011.
- This versatile personality was also honored with the Freedom of the City of Swansea in the year 2019.
- Her beauty and sex appeal have been picked up by various media outlets, including People magazine, which placed her at number one on their “Most Beautiful People” listing in 1998.
- Zeta-Jones launched her own line of home decoration products named Casa Zeta-Jones in the year 2017.
- This beautiful lady also supports various charities and causes. Catherine is a patron of Swansea’s Longfields Day Centre for the disabled and has made sizeable donations to the center.
- She auctioned an outfit she wore in The Mask of Zorro (1998) to raise funds for AIDS patients in Africa in the year 2001.
- Jones became the ambassador of the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children charity and launched the Full Stop appeal in Wales to raise awareness on child abuse in the year 2005.
- She is also the founding host for A Fine Romance, an annual charitable program that helps raise funds for the Motion Picture & Television Fund and is one of the members of the Cinema for Peace Foundation.
Social Media Profile(s)
- Instagram – @catherinezetajones
- Twitter – @casazetajones
- Facebook – @CatherineZeta-Jones