Biography / Wiki
Apart from being an American actor Casey Affleck is also a director and animal rights activist. He has always taken up unconventional roles that many Hollywood A-list stars would hesitate to portray such roles. He was born as Caleb Casey McGuire Affleck-Boldt on August 12, 1975. In 1995, he gained mainstream Hollywood popularity from the movie ‘To die for’ and his impressive performance made him the favorite of the director ‘Gus Van Sant’.
He didn’t take much time to become a popular face in Hollywood and he started getting more prominent roles. In 2007, he earned a nomination for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the film ‘The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford’.
Height / Weight / Age
Casey Affleck’s weight is 74 kg in Kilograms and 163 lbs in Pounds. He is 173 cm or 5’8” in feet inches tall. He has wide moss green color and dark brown hair color. He has a low mumbling voice reminiscent of Marlon Brando.
He will turn 47 years old. He often plays the character with deep moral conflicts. He has 42 inches of the chest, 32 inches of waist, and 14 inches of biceps.
Casey Affleck’s net worth is estimated to be $10 million approximately.
Education / Family
Casey was born to Christopher Affleck who was an auto-mechanic and Christopher Anne ‘Chris’ who was a teacher. His father was also associated with the entertainment industry as he worked as a writer, actor, producer, and director with the Boston Theatre Company.
The successful and popular actor Ben Affleck is his elder brother. Both brothers faced a difficult childhood because of their alcoholic father. But his father has been a great inspiration for him. His mother supported him for his passion and took him to the theatre regularly.
|Real Name||Caleb Casey McGuire Affleck-Boldt|
|Birth Place||Falmouth, Massachusetts, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||August 12, 1975|
|Height||In centimeters – 173 cm
In feet inches – 5’8”
|Weight||In kilograms – 74 kg
In pounds – 163 lbs
|Eye Color||Moss green|
|Hair Color||Dark brown|
|Profession||Actor and filmmaker|
|School||Cambridge Rindge and Latin School|
|College||George Washington University, Washington
|Home Town||Berkeley, California|
|Debut||TV movie – Lemon Sky (1988)
Film – Too die for
Director – I am still here (2010)
|Fathers Name||Timothy Byers Affleck|
|Mothers Name||Christopher Anne ‘Chris’
Career / Fashion And Style
Casey started his acting career in teenage and had appeared in a TV movie titled ‘Lemon Sky’. In 1995, he made his film debut from ‘To Die For’ which was a satirical comedy and he portrayed the role of a psychopathic angry teenager.
In 2007, he appeared in his brother’s directed film ‘Gone Baby Gone’ which was a modest box office hit. He got the lead role of an alcoholic loner in the film ‘Manchester by the sea’, for which he received a BAFTA award and an Oscar too.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
He married Summer Phoenix in 2006 and has two sons named Atticus and Indiana. The couple separated due to some personal issues.
|Girlfriends||Summer Phoenix (2000-2016)
Floriana Lima (2016-present)
|Wife||Summer Phoenix (2006-2016)|
|Children||Sons – Atticus Affleck, Indiana Affleck|
Here is the list of Casey’s favourite things.
|Favourite Film||Lawrence of Arabia (1962)|
Some Interesting Facts About Casey Affleck
- Casey attended Columbia University to do major in Physics.
- His father was a chronic alcoholic.
- To earn a living, his father did odd jobs like carpenter, an auto mechanic, a bartender, a bookie, and an electrician at Harvard University.
- After his parents’ divorce, he moved to live with his mother.
- To get out of school, he chose acting as a primary option.
- His mother’s best friend was a local casting director who helped him getting roles of ‘extras’.
- He learned to speak Spanish at the age of 10 while traveling to Mexico along with his mother and brother.
- As his father was an alcoholic, he was sent to a rehabilitation facility in Indio, California.
- For his performance in the film ‘Manchester by the Sea’, he received the Academy Award in 2017.
- Since 1995, he has become a vegan.
- During the 2016 Presidential Campaign, he supported Hillary Clinton and titled Donald Trump as ‘a dangerous fool’.
- He is an avid lover who is an animal activist and is associated with both PETA and Farm Sanctuary for campaigns.
- His directional debut ‘I am still here’ was a box office disaster in which he used his own money.
- His hobby is advocating for animal welfare.
- His 2 former co-workers sued him for sexual harassment in 2010.
- He is a good friend of Matt Damon, Kate Hudson, and Liv Tyler.