Biography / Wiki
Elected as the United States Senator from Tennessee from 2007 to 2019, Bob Corker is an American businessman and politician. This honorable member of the Republican Party has also been trusted with the responsibility as Chair of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee from 2015 to 2019.
Corker is one of the richest senators in the USA. Named as one of Time Magazine’s “100 Most Influential People” of 2015, Corker retired on 26 September 2017 completing a prosperous political career and serving as a role model to young politicians.
Height / Weight / Age
Born on August 24, 1952, Bob Corker is currently 70 years old. Bob appears to be tall and slim and his height measures 5’8” while his weight is 65 kg approximately. Bob has a rare set of blue eyes and his hair has turned Gray because of aging.
Corker, one of the richest U.S senators, became rich by selling his construction company in the 1990s, which boost his net worth in 2014. After selling his own company he also bought more companies.
For getting the vote to become U.S. Senator in 2006, Bob once spent $ 4.2 million on a television advertisement. His net worth is estimated to be $60 million which he earned by selling his businesses over the course of years.
Education / Family
Bob Corker was born in Orangeburg, South Carolina. Stephen A. Corker, his great-great-grandfather was U.S. Congressman. His parents are Robert Phillips “Phil” Corker and Jean J. his family moved to Tennessee when Bob was eleven years old.
Corker graduated from Chattanooga High School In 1970 and later earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Management from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville in 1974. Corker married Elizabeth on 10 January 1987, and they have two daughters, Emily Corker and Julia Corker.
Robert Phillips Corker Jr.
|Birth Place||Orangeburg, South Carolina, U.S.|
|Date Of Birth||August 24, 1952|
|Height||In centimetres – 173 cm
In feet inches – 5’ 8”
|Weight||In Kilograms – 65 kg
In Pounds – 143 lbs
|School||Chattanooga High School, Hamilton County, Tennessee, United States (class of 1970)|
|College||University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, U.S. (class of 1974)|
|Home Town||Tennessee, United States|
|Fathers Name||Robert Phillips “Phil” Corker|
|Mothers Name||Jean J.|
Career / Fashion And Style
Corker used to collect trash and bagged ice when he was just 13 and later worked at Western Auto and as a construction laborer. He worked for four years as a construction superintendent after his graduation and saved $8,000, which he used to start a construction company, Bancor.
He later sold the company in 1990. Corker first ran for the United States Senate from the Republican Party in 1994 but lost to his opponent Bill Frist. He has served as the mayor of Chattanooga and was the Commissioner of Finance and Administration for the State of Tennessee and was working for Governor Don Sundquist from 1995 to 1996.
He implemented a merit-based bonus system for teachers while he was the mayor in 2002. He has been United States Senator since 2007 and retired on 26 September 2017.
Girlfriends, Affairs, Wife and More
|Wife||Elizabeth Corker (1987 – Present)
|Children||Daughters – Julia Corker
Some Interesting Facts About Bob Corker
- Corker joined the Sigma Chi fraternity and paired with Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam while in school.
- Corker founded a construction company at the age of 25 and later sold the business after expanding operations.
- A church mission trip to Haiti led him toward public service and he served as mayor of Chattanooga from 2001 to 2005.
- On Sept. 26, Corker a Tennessee Republican announced that he would not seek re-election in 2018.
- Bob Corker has tangled with President Donald Trump in a Twitter spat where he called the president’s White House “an adult daycare center”.
- He received a Bachelor of Science degree for studying Industrial Management from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville in 1974.
- Picking up trash and bagging ice, he began work at the young age of 13 years. His entrepreneurial spirit started young while public work came later.
- The Gang of 10, a bipartisan group In Congress that pushes for comprehensive energy reform included Corker as one of the original members.
- Corker has visited more than 70 countries since taking office in 2007 and has served as chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
- To secure fit, decent, and affordable housing through low-interest loans, He started a nonprofits organization that helped over 10,000 families.